Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Full OT Any tips on rats in house!

Bro? I thought we were buds. Now Im contradistincted? I maintain the ice-float method works flawlessly and you just never would give it a chance.

I thought we were buds. Now Im contradistincted? I maintain the ice-float method works flawlessly and you just never would give it a chance.Quoted by one of the peas.//quote from Moti Dave

We are like two P's in a Pot.

[video:youtube]

You don't have ideas, ideas have you

We see the world, not as it is, but as we are. "One mans food is another mans poison". I defend your right to speak hate. Tolerance to a point, not agreement

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Who are laurel and hardy? :)

This is an OT from from subject of rats. This is a keyboard forum... i think you should stay on topic and keep off the grass.

Ok but since you aksted.. Do you remember Paul Shaffer and Letterman his boss, right?

Well a long time ago, they were these two guys

This was a long time ago, bet you didn'y know they were that old, right? Well they had life extension protocols inserted, that's what I heard.

But here is the unbelievable part, they first started out as these guys

See, you can learn a lot here ... just like I did with the rat boy stuff.

We see the world, not as it is, but as we are. "One mans food is another mans poison". I defend your right to speak hate. Tolerance to a point, not agreement

This is an OT from from subject of rats. This is a keyboard forum... i think you should stay on topic and keep off the grass.

Ok but since you aksted.. Do you remember Paul Shaffer and Letterman his boss, right?

This was a long time ago, bet you didn'y know they were that old, right? Well they had life extension protocols inserted, that's what I heard.

You sure those were rats and not squirrels? Focus, brother ... focus.
The baiting I do is purely for entertainment value. Please feel free to ignore it.

You sure those were rats and not squirrels? Focus, brother ... focus.

I was simply helping you, by letting you know, the lineage of Letterman and Paully.

I will bet you didn't know the duo started out as laurel and hardy, and when that well ran dry, they switched to Abbott and Costello, and so on, finally arriving at the beloved duo, you know as Letterman and Paully. Did you or did you not know this?

There are numerous rat/mouse traps on YouTube, some rather cruelly involving high voltage and done for the amusement of the Asian poster, I think. But the best involved no electricity, just a plastic bucket and about three spare bits of wood. They all seem to be using corm or maize as a bait.

I've had mice between old lath & plaster walls before now. All you hear is the patter of tiny feet, and they are not easy to get rid of, but hours of amusement for a hungry cat!

My first attempt at embedded video (thanks Joe). UB40 mash-up with The Muppets.

Eugenio Upright, 60th Anniversary P-Bass, USA Geddy Lee J-Bass, Yamaha BBP35, D'angelico SS Bari, EXL1,

Select Strat, 70th Anniversary Esquire, LP 57, Eastman T486, T64, Ibanez PM2, Hammond XK4, Moog Voyager

I was simply helping you, by letting you know, the lineage of Letterman and Paully.

I will bet you didn't know the duo started out as laurel and hardy, and when that well ran dry, they switched to Abbott and Costello, and so on, finally arriving at the beloved duo, you know as Letterman and Paully. Did you or did you not know this?

youre not helping me at all. Id tell you that this is idiotic but first i need to know who you mean by they. who is this they that switched to A&C to finally arrive at the beloved duo Letterman and Paully? And who is Paully? Paul Shaffer? Lol. Ok, Paully it is.

But that still leaves your studio audience baffled on why you call them a duo? Letterman was a late night talk show host, following in the line of Johnny. he had a sidekick band leader. They were not a duo, Paul was not co-host, he was the band leader. He didnt have a comedy duo act prior to his show. His shows lineage doesnt trace back to L&A nor A&C, neither duos had talk shows. If your want to find the origins of his format, skip past Johnny and go to the original, Steve Allen, or Johnnys forebearer - Jack Paar.

The baiting I do is purely for entertainment value. Please feel free to ignore it.

youre not helping me at all. Id tell you that this is idiotic but first i need to know who you mean by they. who is this they that switched to A&C to finally arrive at the beloved duo Letterman and Paully? And who is Paully? Paul Shaffer? Lol. Ok, Paully it is.

But that still leaves your studio audience baffled on why you call them a duo? Letterman was a late night talk show host, following in the line of Johnny. he had a sidekick band leader. They were not a duo, Paul was not co-host, he was the band leader. He didnt have a comedy duo act prior to his show. His shows lineage doesnt trace back to L&A nor A&C, neither duos had talk shows. If your want to find the origins of his format, skip past Johnny and go to the original, Steve Allen, or Johnnys forebearer - Jack Paar.

This is getting a tad complicated. Perhaps you did not read my saying I FOUND A METHOD. Gherkin even provided the reason rats LEAVE THE HOME to die... THIRST.

I did not construe your words as helpful towards eliminating rats... floating out to sea, etc. I thought you were clowning with me... so I clowned back.

I distinctly recall Jack Paar Steve Allen etc. Not to mention Abbott Costello and my heroes Laurel and Hardy. I know them all.

My rat problem is solved, or is in the process.

For your entertainment

There are numerous rat/mouse traps on YouTube, some rather cruelly involving high voltage and done for the amusement of the Asian poster, I think. But the best involved no electricity, just a plastic bucket and about three spare bits of wood. They all seem to be using corm or maize as a bait.

I've had mice between old lath & plaster walls before now. All you hear is the patter of tiny feet, and they are not easy to get rid of, but hours of amusement for a hungry cat!

Given what I estimate to be the gravity of a rat infestation problem, cruelty, is only a secondary consideration. I am not happy about this... but in my opinion it is a matter of survival. I like smaller rats, and love mice; but a friend who dealt with these critters strongly warned me, urged me.. they can take over a home if not dealt with in a decisive manner. As I said before, I met two unrelated people, on the same day, whose experience, sincerity, confidence abour the method and fact they both spoke of the same method, convinced me.. bait rats that have a poison that creates insatiable thirst, will eliminate them.

I am not happy about this...

I saw the bucket of water... "walk the plant" method.. and they drown in that method, unless you use no water, in which case you have to carry a pail of live rats a great distance , ONLY to have them invade another persons home.

I wish there was a painless way that is practical.

I feel for you. In my family, my siblings and I try to avoid harming animals if we can keep from it. But one sister was almost killed by a bear last year on her farm, right after it mauled and partially ate some of their farm animals. And when pests that can become a permanent problem, such as large rats, materialize, it is difficult to find non-cruel methods that will work.

My sister kept small white lab rats as pets a number of years ago and built a huge Lego castle for them to play in. But those are completely different from the large rats that tend to take over homes, attics, sewers, etc. Also, a bit too big for cats to take on successfully -- at least with regularity.

Eugenio Upright, 60th Anniversary P-Bass, USA Geddy Lee J-Bass, Yamaha BBP35, D'angelico SS Bari, EXL1,

Select Strat, 70th Anniversary Esquire, LP 57, Eastman T486, T64, Ibanez PM2, Hammond XK4, Moog Voyager

This is getting a tad complicated. Perhaps you did not read my saying I FOUND A METHOD. Gherkin even provided the reason rats LEAVE THE HOME to die... THIRST.

I did not construe your words as helpful towards eliminating rats... floating out to sea, etc. I thought you were clowning with me... so I clowned back.

I distinctly recall Jack Paar Steve Allen etc. Not to mention Abbott Costello and my heroes Laurel and Hardy. I know them all.

My rat problem is solved, or is in the process.

For your entertainment

i confess, yes - i was joking around. I didnt care about your rat stories as rats in your wall have zero to do with keyboards and hence you were hijacking our beloved forum for utterly and absolutely unrelated personal issues. Like if I came her to ask fellow keyboard players how to solve the leak in my toilet that causes it to run briefly every 5 minutes. I replaced the stopper, which is the normal source of gradual leakage causing the tank fill level to go down and trigger the float to re-initiate a refill periodically. But alas, that did not solve the issue. To further complicate, i tried to turn off the adjacent water valve but when i fully close the valve, it does not completely shut off the water supply. So instead of shutting of the main water supply to the entire house so i can solve the toilet issue, i have simply stalled any progress at all. But i would not think to bother keyboardists with my toilet problem.

Im not a fan of L&H or A&C for that matter, but I do like a good joke. I liked the one about how Laurel and Hardy begat the Letterman show. I only asked as I had hoped you would provide further humor by elaborating on the misguided theory.

Good day, RatMan.

And good day to you Rat boy.

edit I just checked, and saw a topic that had nothing to do with music. Do you generally critique Off topics.. or do so more selectively?

A different sort of rat (not the type who have infested your home):

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-australia-47986147

Hmm, a plan for solving cat constipation might best be laid while it is not on an expensive rug. :-)

Great photo!

Too bad that "monster rats" -- the type that infest homes and sewers -- are a bit too tough as fighters for cats to be very effective. Just as with possums. I've seen some brutal neighbourhood fights between cats and possums (and also against raccoons), and the cat did not come out well...

A different sort of rat (not the type who have infested your home):

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-australia-47986147

Nice story with happy ending, But how does this pet rat not have the issue of disease, as is the claim for rats in general?

Hmm, that might be the real reason my younger sister stopped keeping lab rats as pets. I have a vague recollection now that this was the case.

When I was a small child living in Alabama, we had a rat problem in the basement, and I do remember almost being attacked once by this huge-to-me creature that had the most evil eyes I can ever remember staring into.

Hmm, that might be the real reason my younger sister stopped keeping lab rats as pets. I have a vague recollection now that this was the case.

When I was a small child living in Alabama, we had a rat problem in the basement, and I do remember almost being attacked once by this huge-to-me creature that had the most evil eyes I can ever remember staring into.

I mention above in this thread, that a friend warned me to take the rat problem seriously, that they can make life a living hell. Guess where my friend grew up at?, Alabama! ( I have no idea how to punctuate that last sentence )

And good day to you Rat boy.

edit I just checked, and saw a topic that had nothing to do with music. Do you generally critique Off topics.. or do so more selectively?

Oh, now, im sorry. It was just fun non-judgmental floating rat jokes until you singled me out. You took it up a notch with me, then went insane with L&H begat Letterman delusions. i merely followed along.

As to your question, i suppose no and yes, everything in life is in some way selected, we cant consume or be involved in everything. I guess I base it on the frequency of OTs and how far O their Ts may be. You are a more frequent violator of OT etiquette. Thats just fact, for good or bad. Now do I mind? no, why would i. I dont care. I merely notice things and comment on those that I find humorous, Just having a lil fun.

You only call me rat boy because you like me :)

I used the word rat boy in response to RatMan. I have never heard the phrase RatMan before. So ratboy, just popped into my head. I bring this up, because after using the phrase ratboy, I feel I have heard it used before by a particular person, or maybe a show, or somewhere. For the life of me, I cannot recall where I heard Ratboy, before.. and I associate with something humorous. The only guy in town who uses the word rat is a great dance drummer... I think I will mention his name. WIllie Kellogg. He is not in his prime now, but when he was, he was a great dance based, blues, rock based drummer. He regularly has used the phrase rat F*** ever since we met. Verb: To rat F*** someone. I guess it is a "boys will be boys" kind of thing.. It never sounded malicious exactly. I always got a kick out of him telling me stories ( he is a great story teller ) and among his stories, Rat F, would come up.

Anyway, I do not know where I heard ratboy, before. Howard Stern would seem likely, but I cannot connect Stern with that phrase. It is bugging me, I cannot recall my association with that silly phrase.

Didn't you think it nicely fit, with your referring to me as RatMan? Do you happen to know the phrase ratboy, have you heard it before? The sound of it, makes me chuckle.

I used the word rat boy in response to RatMan. I have never heard the phrase RatMan before. So ratboy, just popped into my head. I bring this up, because after using the phrase ratboy, I feel I have heard it used before by a particular person, or maybe a show, or somewhere. For the life of me, I cannot recall where I heard Ratboy, before.. and I associate with something humorous. The only guy in town who uses the word rat is a great dance drummer... I think I will mention his name. WIllie Kellogg. He is not in his prime now, but when he was, he was a great dance based, blues, rock based drummer. He regularly has used the phrase rat F*** ever since we met. Verb: To rat F*** someone. I guess it is a "boys will be boys" kind of thing.. It never sounded malicious exactly. I always got a kick out of him telling me stories ( he is a great story teller ) and among his stories, Rat F, would come up.

Anyway, I do not know where I heard ratboy, before. Howard Stern would seem likely, but I cannot connect Stern with that phrase. It is bugging me, I cannot recall my association with that silly phrase.

Didn't you think it nicely fit, with your referring to me as RatMan?

lol, im cool with you calling me whatever.

Had you ever heard rat boy prior to this thread? I swear I have heard it, but I cannot recall where. And it is funny to me.

Back to the OT topic of rat mice infestation: Yesterday I was awakened by the sound of a noisy larger than any mouse animal above my head in the ceiling. This animal was either a huge rat or possum or raccoon. I do not hear him now though. I used an ultrasonic pitch to make the animal uncomfortable in my ceiling area. Rats are being killed one by one, but this large sounding animal caused some apprehensions.

Back to the OT topic of rat mice infestation: Yesterday I was awakened by the sound of a noisy larger than any mouse animal above my head in the ceiling. This animal was either a huge rat or possum or raccoon. I do not hear him now though. I used an ultrasonic pitch to make the animal uncomfortable in my ceiling area. Rats are being killed one by one, but this large sounding animal caused some apprehensions.

Hes come to feast on the carcass of rats. Hell be here awhile ... go ahead and settle in. Probably a good idea to check the floor before you step out of bed at this point.

with love,

RatBoy.

Hey RatGents, with all this talk of Rat f***ing, you'll need to expand your club to include those of the fairer persuasion.

- Ratgirl

I dont think ive ever been propositioned by a Ratgirl before. Sure, I may be misreading this situation, but it helps me get thru the day ...

So, no one has ever heard that phrase rat boy? It's really bugging me... because, unlike rat man, which I've never heard, I could "swear" I've heard rat boy before. The name itself, rat boy is of zero significance, but the memory aspect is what is on my mind. Have you ever thought you had heard a word before yet could not connect the word with where you heard it? I am speaking about an odd word, not a dictionary word.

Thanks