Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Bit OT: Songs That Are Too Long

On a side note, how does one embed video? I notice people don't click a video link; it has less power. I spent an hour yesterday trying different things in HTML after inspecting the code pages of posts that embed video, to no avail. I did not see this topic covered in the FAQ's section. I seem to be the only one who doesn't know how to do it. :-)

For YouTube:

[video:youtube]url including the video ID or just the ID of the video[/video]

where the video ID on YouTube is an 11 digit string of seemingly random numbers and letters (I can't recall if it has other characters sometimes) after "v=". Note that if you have stuff after the video ID it may not work here.

Or, you can use the insert Video button on the full reply screen.

"I'm so crazy, I don't know this is impossible! Hoo hoo!" - Daffy Duck

"The good news is that once you start piano you never have to worry about getting laid again. More time to practice!" - MOI

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks -- that's much simpler than the dozens of lines of HTML code that I tried. :-)

Eugenio Upright, 60th Anniversary P-Bass, USA Geddy Lee J-Bass, Yamaha BBP35, D'angelico SS Bari, EXL1,

Select Strat, 70th Anniversary Esquire, LP 57, Eastman T486, T64, Ibanez PM2, Hammond XK4, Moog Voyager

• 2 weeks later...

Riders on the Storm - The Doors (7:10)

The Road to Hell - Chris Rea (6:46)

Children - Robert Miles (6:19 or 7:33 - your choice)

Living for the City - Stevie Wonder (7:23)

Journey From Mariabronn - Kansas (8:06)

Don't Stop 'Til You Get Enough - Michael Jackson (6:06)

NOT too long:

Song For America - Kansas (10:01)

The fact there's a Highway To Hell and only a Stairway To Heaven says a lot about anticipated traffic numbers

People only say "It's a free country" when they're doing something shitty-Demetri Martin