Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Possibly the dumbest Logic Pro / recording question

I swear on everything sacred I've googled this for a while and haven't found an answer to extent I want. I also understand it's a basic question so laugh away if need be ;)

I bought the u-he Diva plugin and absolutely love it (thanks Geoff Grace I think it was for pointing out their sale). I've been having a ball looking through the sounds and love some of the arp stuff. So my question is:

How do I record the plugin in Logic, including the tweaks I make to LFOs / etc while I'm recording. I understand that I need to use latch (or touch) mode for automation to be recorded but I'm damned if I can work out how I hit record, play the notes I want and that it picks up the knob tweaking I do at the same time? Do I have to record the notes first and do the automation on a second run?

Any help mucho appreciated :)

• Replies 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Send your Diva track output to a bus.

Create an audio track that records the bus.

That's kind of overkill. You can just bounce the track, or freeze it.

He wants to tweek the synth in real time and record the results, not necessarily interested in the midi.

Yamaha CP88, Casio PX-560