Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Kurzweil PC361 Tempo Transistions

Does anyone know how or if it is even possible to gradually transition from one tempo to another in the Kurzweil PC361 sequencer? I am unable to locate any info on this in the user manual or through Googling. Any help is much appreciated.

Yamaha CP-73, Hammond SK Pro 73, Yamaha MODX 7, Roland Fantom 06, Roland VK-8M, Yamaha FS1R

• Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't know a way directly on the sequencer to do that. I don't use a lot of sequences, but have found it considerably more time-effective to build the sequence on the computer in the DAW or using Finale or Sibelius, turn it into a MIDI file, then load the file as a song into the PC3. Since Finale and Sibelius are designed to make General MIDI files; after getting the song into the Kurzweil, I then edit the song to have the desired Kurzweil specific patches.

There may be others either here or on the Mastering VAST forum site that have a better idea.

Howard Grand|Hamm SK1-73|Kurz PC2|PC2X|PC3|PC3X|PC361; QSC K10's

HP DAW|Epi Les Paul & LP 5-str bass|iPad mini2

"Now faith is the substance of things hoped for, the evidence of things not seen."

Jim

I picked up a used PC3LE6 a few days ago and was scrolling through the manual. The sequencers are almost certainly the same.

Anyways, I haven't tried it yet, but on P. 10-33 it says this:

"To access the tempo track, use the channel up/down buttons to navigate to track 1, then press channel down.

The tempo track functions the same as the other tracks, except the only event type available is tempo change."

Oh - and MBK - thanks again for sending me that pc161 editor.

After toying with the little bit of vast that it opened up,

it got me interested in it again after selling my K2600 quite a few years ago.

I traded the 161 towards the LE, and am now getting pretty antsy to get more info on the PC4.

Just to clarify what I am asking. Let's suppose I start a sequence at 130 bpm and I place a tempo of 135 bpm two bars before the end of the sequence. I would like for the tempo to gradually and smoothly change from the original 130 bpm at the start to 135 bpm two bars from the end over the course of the sequence. Also, let's suppose I place a tempo of 60 bpm at the very end of the sequence. I would want the sequence to gradually and smoothly transition from the 135bpm two bars from the end to the 60 bpm at the very end of the sequence.

I do my initial building of sequences in Reaper and port them over as MIDI files to the Kurzweil PC361. I could embed the tempo changes directly into the MIDI files as far as I know. But, I would not be able to adjust tempos and such at a gig or without re-exporting it from Reaper. So, if I could do the tempo parameters directly in the Kurzweil, I would always have control over the tempos in and out of my studio.

Yamaha CP-73, Hammond SK Pro 73, Yamaha MODX 7, Roland Fantom 06, Roland VK-8M, Yamaha FS1R

I think the sequencer just sees the tempo change as an event and switches to the new tempo rather than being able to smoothly ramp between tempos.

Don't take that as gospel though. I suppose you could fudge it by adding 1 bpm every beat or bar or something.

Seems a strange omission, especially if you're used to using a DAW.