Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

I have finally made it!!! 4000 posts

I finally did it 4000 posts. I will never have as much to say as my friend The Grand Poo Pa of posts. But I hope I have many more post to share. I have had too many musical friends pass in the last year. The latest was the Trumpet/Trombome/Bari player on my latest release! He also played with me in Steve Owens And Summertime band. Alex was tragically killed in an auto accident last week on the way home from a Big Band Rehearsal. You never know when you wake up that it will be your last day!!! RIP Alex Almasy

Jimmy

Those are my principles, and if you don't like them... well, I have others. Groucho

NEW BAND CHECK THEM OUT

www.steveowensandsummertime.com

www.jimmyweaver.com

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Congrats Jimmy. Also sorry for your loss. Ive lost some close musician friend myself in the last year. I feel your pain.

Hardware:
Yamaha
: MODX7 | Korg: Kronos 88, Wavestate | ASM: Hydrasynth Deluxe | Roland: Jupiter-Xm, Cloud Pro, TD-9K V-Drums | Alesis: StrikePad Pro|
Behringer: Crave, Poly D, XR-18, RX1602 | CPS: SpaceStation SSv2 | 
Controllers: ROLI RISE 49 | Arturia KeyLab Essentials 88, KeyLab 61, MiniLab | M-Audio KeyStation 88 & 49 | Akai EWI USB |
Novation LaunchPad Mini, |
Guitars & Such: Line 6 Variax, Helix LT, POD X3 Live, Martin Acoustic, DG Strat Copy, LP Sunburst Copy, Natural Tele Copy|
Squier Precision 5-String Bass | Mandolin | Banjo | Ukulele

Software:
Recording
: MacBook Pro | Mac Mini | Logic Pro X | Mainstage | Cubase Pro 12 | Ableton Live 11 | Monitors: M-Audio BX8 | Presonus Eris 3.5BT Monitors | Slate Digital VSX Headphones & ML-1 Mic | Behringer XR-18 & RX1602 Mixers | Beyerdynamics DT-770 & DT-240
Arturia: V-Collection 9 | Native Instruments: Komplete 1 Standard | Spectrasonics: Omnisphere 2, Keyscape, Trilian | Korg: Legacy Collection 4 | Roland: Cloud Pro | GForce: Most all of their plugins | u-he: Diva, Hive 2, Repro, Zebra Legacy | AAS: Most of their VSTs |
IK Multimedia: SampleTank 4 Max, Sonik Synth, MODO Drums & Bass | Cherry Audio: Most of their VSTs |

:snax: on your post count, but sorry for your loss, Jimmy.

"I'm so crazy, I don't know this is impossible! Hoo hoo!" - Daffy Duck

"The good news is that once you start piano you never have to worry about getting laid again. More time to practice!" - MOI

Report to the clubhouse for your gold jacket and executive washroom key.

:like:

mate stub, I dig what you are putting down! See you there!

Jimmy

Those are my principles, and if you don't like them... well, I have others. Groucho

NEW BAND CHECK THEM OUT

www.jimmyweaver.com

Report to the clubhouse for your gold jacket and executive washroom key.

No, that happens at 5000 posts. :laugh:

Synthoid, don't be a party pooper! Who knows if I will make it to 5000 post. Do you really want to hear that much from ME???

Jimmy

NEW BAND CHECK THEM OUT

www.jimmyweaver.com

I should have figured anyone with 10,000 plus post must be as old as that Gold Jacket!!!

Jimmy

NEW BAND CHECK THEM OUT

www.jimmyweaver.com

Is there anything you get for reaching 1,000 posts? (beside a scratch behind the ears and a kick in the seat)
If I remember right, when I reached 1000 posts they all said I had to start buying the beer.

-Tom Williams

{First Name} {at} AirNetworking {dot} com

PC4-7, PX-5S, AX-Edge, PC361

Congrats, brother BluesKeys!

If you can find a parking space downtown, The Flying Saucer is still the best for scenery & a congratulatory beer or three.

Let me know. It's supposed to be perfect weather this week.

ITGITC? :cool:

"Music expresses that which cannot be put into words and that which cannot remain silent." - Victor Hugo

Congrats BK in reaching 4k posts. :thu:

Let me know what time the meet-up is happening at the Flying Saucer. :D:cool:

PD

"The greatest thing you'll ever learn, is just to love and be loved in return."--E. Ahbez "Nature Boy"

I'm getting close myself.

Should I go get measured for MY gold jacket?

Absolutely! :laugh:

My hat's off to all of you who contribute meaningful posts here. Mr. Nightime, like Blueskeys, you've been on the forum a long time. You guys represent the bedrock of this place.

Thanks for sticking around.

"Music expresses that which cannot be put into words and that which cannot remain silent." - Victor Hugo

Thanks again guys for the kind words and offer to buy me beers, itgitci and Prof D.

On a side note tonight will be the first gig (with this band) without our trumpet player. I am already feeling a little saddened and I have just gotten out of bed. (I rolled in at 3:30 this morning from last nights gig. If you follow me at all, I was filling in for the bandleader that had fired all but one player in his band and wanted to hire me full time). He wasn't drunk on stage the past to nights on stage, BUT he was drinking and was headed to several other bars after the show. I will help him out when I can and take his money!

7 show in 6 days... living the dream!!!

Jimmy

NEW BAND CHECK THEM OUT

www.jimmyweaver.com

Hey BluesKeys, just to clarify, you are at North Myrtle Beach, SC playing gigs at the Society of Stranders Spring Safari. Here's some information I found so folks here know what you're doing.

And FYI to the guys living across the pond, here, "The Shag" is a particular dance that goes great with beer, sunshine, and Carolina Beach Music.

To learn more, klonk this link:

About SOS Spring Safari

Thousands of shaggers from all over the east coast gather each year at the end of April for the Society of Stranders Spring Safari in North Myrtle Beach. Beach music lovers and shaggers from all over hit the road in search of the first outing of the season and their destination is the famous little strip of sand known as the Grand Strand. For 10 days from April 25-May 4, 2019 the biggest adult party on the East Coast crashes into North Myrtle Beach with a wide variety of activities including tea parties, shag dancing, live music, mingling with friends and a huge parade. As the sun goes down, all the local lounges light up with activity and spots like Ducks, Fat Harolds, Pirates Cove and the OD Lounge become the center of nightlife and fun. On the last Saturday of the event is the parade featuring ACSC member clubs who plan, design, & build parade floats for fun & a chance to win one of the coveted awards.

itgitc, We call this phenomenon (SOS) migration of the Blue Hairs!!! Or Geriatric Spring Break!!! LOL All the local store stock up on Depends and the 4 Defibulators at Fat Harolds Beach Club get work out!!!!

Jimmy

NEW BAND CHECK THEM OUT

www.jimmyweaver.com

I need that jacket. We have a guy doing a video of us at the gig Friday, and we're supposed to dress like we're playing a wedding gig. That jacket would be perfect!

"In the beginning, Adam had the blues, 'cause he was lonesome.

So God helped him and created woman.

Now everybody's got the blues."

Willie Dixon

Hey kids, summer's comin'. If someone hosts an eastern seaboard hang this year,(1) I will indeed spring for at least one round of beer -- and I don't even drink the stuff.

Notes:

(1) I don't have the space; also, everyone else would get carsick driving to my home....

-Tom Williams

{First Name} {at} AirNetworking {dot} com

PC4-7, PX-5S, AX-Edge, PC361