Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Anyone got a PX-S3000 yet?

What are these new Tones like?

EP Amp 1

EP Amp 2

Find 660 of my jazz piano arrangements of standards for educational purposes and tutorials at www.Patreon.com/HarryLikas Harry was the Technical Editor of Mark Levine's "The Jazz Theory Book" and helped develop "The Jazz Piano Book."

• Replies 17
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I saw a nice demo of this little beauty via a Sound On Sound link and was much impressed. It sounds rich and fluid in use. Its natural to contrast it with the PX5S because they share a few features and a good pedigree. There is mention of it as a MIDI controller, but not its possible zone capabilities. There is a pitch-bend wheel and 2 assignable knobs, so there is some regard for playing the synth sounds in it. I'd like to assume that an editor is forthcoming, but its focus is pianistic, so the synth layering of the PX5S seems unlikely to be included. Its easy to imagine it under a PX5S on a two-tier stand, especially if someone has maxed out the latter with Casio's better user group patches. Here's the Casio page for the S3000.

Casio PX-S3000 specs

"Why can't they just make up something of their own?"
           ~ The great Richard Matheson, on the movie remakes of his book, "I Am Legend"

Ok, no review for you boys. Delivery Expected this afternoon

Find 660 of my jazz piano arrangements of standards for educational purposes and tutorials at www.Patreon.com/HarryLikas Harry was the Technical Editor of Mark Levine's "The Jazz Theory Book" and helped develop "The Jazz Piano Book."

Ok, no review for you boys. Delivery Expected this afternoon

Oh no! Dont punish the whole forum for our bad behavior!

:roll:

giphy.gif

CP-50, YC 73,  FP-80, PX5-S, NE-5d61, Kurzweil SP6, XK-3, CX-3, Hammond XK-3, Yamaha YUX Upright, '66 B3/Leslie 145/122

If Casio endorses Hiromi well just have to abandon this forum and start over somewhere else.

Not going to happen, shed have to revamp her whole wardrobe and wig collection.Its all color coordinated to match red keyboards.

Delivery Expected this afternoon

No report yet, so maybe he loves it so much that he hasn't been able to stop playing it?

I'm always afraid to say I'm going to try something and report back, because it seems like people always disappear after saying that. I suspect alien abduction.

Maybe this is the best place for a shameless plug! Our now not-so-new new video at https://youtu.be/3ZRC3b4p4EI is a 40 minute adaptation of T. S. Eliot's "Prufrock" - check it out! And hopefully I'll have something new here this year. ;-)

Delivery Expected this afternoon

No report yet, so maybe he loves it so much that he hasn't been able to stop playing it?

I'm always afraid to say I'm going to try something and report back, because it seems like people always disappear after saying that. I suspect alien abduction.

Did he get the 88 key with GHS?