Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Search Blues on the CP4!

So I've worked on my studio processing (still not properly delay compensated all over) and on trying to make the CP4 (is it *actually* discontinued ?) output more correct and full sounding at it's outputs.

For all who have the interest (and I'm absolutely sure you should) here's a piano patch I've made for testing, but it's good enough for general use:

25_acp91.c7a Performance 25 "9 AC Pi 1", and the Master section are needed

So load the whole bank in (after if needed you saved your own sound bank of course), including the Master effects, make sure the eqs are all set to neutral and the Master Compressor is *On*. Playing piano 25 should be a pleasure. And in fact some other sounds, from specific categories, will load as main layer, making use of the System and Master effects, and therefore sound better or in some cases just different.

Now, I fired up the studio processing tools I'm working on (3 phases of huge amounts of pretty accurately tuned streaming Linux effects), put my mixer in "record" settings (will not elaborate here) and recorded four stereo tracks from the CP4, and put them through the processing, which should make it sound less digital and better acoustically prepared. Here's the result, featuring the above piano patch, which now magically sounds mor elike a blues piano:

searchblues.flac 96 kilo sample/sec, 16 bit, 1 min 45 lossless flac

The original recording and output file would 32 bits wav and 24 bits flac, but that makes the file a lot bigger, so you'll have to make do with 16 bits. There's no noise suppression on this test, and it may sound a bit more full range and loud than most digital recordings.

Theo V.

• Replies 1
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic