Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Just pulled the trigger on a new USB recording interface

www.sweetwater.com/store/detail/UMC204HD--behringer-u-phoria-umc204hd-usb-audio-interface

It cost $129 Shipped, and I can use my XP Pro laptop which has all of my recording software on it.

I will keep the Presonus 6/8 interface in my rack for a newer computer if and when. www.sweetwater.com/store/detail/Studio68--presonus-studio-68-usb-6x6-usb-audio-interface-with-4-xmax-preamps

I may be back up and running in a few days after the interface gets here and I tweak all of the gear to my taste.

:cheers:

• Replies 17
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

very cool.

I have its lookalike bigger brother, Steinberg UR44

AI's are essential for quality recording and mixing. I also run a sub from my UR.

Keyboard guy, etc etc

Why fit in, when you were born to stand out ?

My Soundcloud with many originals:

[70's Songwriter]

That Behringer should work just fine for you. I have set up a classical/avant garde pianist friend of mine with the next Behringer model down, to play tracks & clicks for some of her concerts, & it has worked out really well for her.

Thanks Scott, I hope it works.

That Behringer should work just fine for you. I have set up a classical/avant garde pianist friend of mine with the next Behringer model down, to play tracks & clicks for some of her concerts, & it has worked out really well for her.

Good news amigo thanks......

I got the USB recording interface today, tomorrow I register it at Behringer, download the drivers, and hook'er up to the input gear and hardware effects units. Then a few days to tweak it to really usable. and then in a few days after all of that, a trial bit of guitar work. We shall see if it lives up to it's hype, and from the sterling reviews I got on my other musician forums, and Facebook, from long time friends.

And after that some composition on the backing tracks which will be rendered to audio from soft synths. Then putting the live input and creating lyrics. Shooting the vocals on and mixing.

Long days of abject boredom sitting home with nothing to do, will be over for the foreseeable future. Wish me luck, if it all works it should be able to produce some nice stuff.

Got the drivers on the XP laptop, the computer recognizes the Interface and so does Sonar. Tomorrow out into the shed the whole shebang goes to be hooked up to the computer desk that has all of my outboard gear in a rack built in to the computer desk (The desk was made especially for Digital Audio Workstation recording purposes)(I would do that today, but I have to move a whole bunch of stuff to get the computer desk away from the shed wall, so I can hook it up to the speakers.)

Sounds like you are almost there. Nothing like sweet success!

We shall see (and hear) in a day or two. I was extra busy today, so I got the drivers downloaded and installed, and put the rest off till tomorrow.

A few wrinkles to work out, so far the computer recognizes the MIDI in out, the monitors work so I can play back old projects, the manual sucks big time, so I have not hooked everything up through my hardware, compressors, a Rane line mixer, and some other gear. Tomorrow more hookups.