Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Help! I�m setting up for a gig�how to edit SK1 presets

• Replies 13
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• 3 weeks later...

Ok, so I thank you for the tip, guys--it totally works as expected now. Except...

I want to save my patches/favorites with BYPASS engaged (I'm using my Vent ll and don't need the onboard leslie every time I load an organ patch).

No matter what I try, when I save something that has BYPASS engaged, the next time I call it up, I have to manually turn Bypass on again.

Any ideas?

Doug Robinson

www.dougrobinson.com

I don't own an SK1, so I'm guessing here. Bypass is part of the leslie sim, a global paramater, as opposed to a sound in the unit, which you are saving as favorites. See if there is a way in the global settings to keep the unit in bypass maybe?
:nopity:

I want to save my patches/favorites with BYPASS engaged (I'm using my Vent ll and don't need the onboard leslie every time I load an organ patch).

Get Hammond's custom cable to convert the multi-pin Leslie out to 1/4" and connect that to the Vent. Then your organ sounds can go to the Vent with your Extra Voices alone going to the Line Outputs. So you don't have to hit Bypass on the Vent when playing a non-organ sound, and also you can split/layer organ with another sound, without having both sounds go through the Vent.

Maybe this is the best place for a shameless plug! Our now not-so-new new video at https://youtu.be/3ZRC3b4p4EI is a 40 minute adaptation of T. S. Eliot's "Prufrock" - check it out! And hopefully I'll have something new here this year. ;-)

Scott, that would probably work but then I'd need a fifth channel in my 4 channel submixer for the output of the Vent.

What's going into your 4 channels now? Are you playing mono or stereo?

Maybe this is the best place for a shameless plug! Our now not-so-new new video at https://youtu.be/3ZRC3b4p4EI is a 40 minute adaptation of T. S. Eliot's "Prufrock" - check it out! And hopefully I'll have something new here this year. ;-)

PX5S has a stereo Line In... I wonder if you could use that so that your 4 channel mixer could still work with essentially 6 channels of sounds.

Nope--believe me, I think it's a big mistake on Casio's part, but there is distortion when trying to run another keyboard through it. Casio's response was that it was meant for MP3 players or something other than a second keyboard.

An older keyboard of mine--I think the Korg SV1--had inputs that would allow me to eliminate a mixer altogether on the way to my amp (a Spacestation with only one set of L/R inputs). Fantastic, clean sound, fewer cables--that's really thinking about the target audience, imo.

Doug Robinson

www.dougrobinson.com