Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Official NFL 2018-2019 Thread

My favorite Super Bowl commercial:

[video:youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k4jhnhjortA

Best,

Geoff

Its about time that early responders and others that take the risks and show up when "we" need them the most are appreciated.

A very touching commercial that was the best of all the advertisements. Some of the ads were more entertaining than the game.

Mike T.

Yamaha Motif ES8, Alesis Ion, Prophet 5 Rev 3.2, 1979 Rhodes Mark 1 Suitcase 73 Piano, Arp Odyssey Md III, Roland R-70 Drum Machine, Digitech Vocalist Live Pro. Roland Boss Chorus Ensemble CE-1.

• Replies 374
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

It seems like I'm the only one here who enjoyed the game, and my team lost! :freak:

You are not alone brotha Geoff. I enjoyed the game too. :thu:

I didn't want to see both teams playing prevent defense and running up a sh8tload of points. The game was refreshing from that standpoint.

I can see how and why some football fans would consider it a snooze-fest.

But, yesterday's game reminded me of the 70s-90s when the refs threw fewer flags and players could hit a lot more too. :laugh:

The commercials and halftime show were nothing to write home about to me. Overall, it was a good Super Bowl. :cool:

PD

"The greatest thing you'll ever learn, is just to love and be loved in return."--E. Ahbez "Nature Boy"

I agree that the Refs let them play. I get really tired of Refs deciding the game with incidental contact penalties. Its FOOTBALL. There are penalties that should be called but when a whistle blows on every other play, it gets old.

Goff is getting bashed by some of the Press wannabees. He was rushed and not allowed to sit back there and make long throws. He did under throw that pass to Cook that got picked off. He'll learn.

it was not a very entertaining game, but it was the Super Bowl. Its always worth watching.

Mike T.

Yamaha Motif ES8, Alesis Ion, Prophet 5 Rev 3.2, 1979 Rhodes Mark 1 Suitcase 73 Piano, Arp Odyssey Md III, Roland R-70 Drum Machine, Digitech Vocalist Live Pro. Roland Boss Chorus Ensemble CE-1.

The ratings are in - the least watched Super Bowl since 2009:

If history is any indicator, the final linear viewership for the game will come in under 100 million viewers, which would be the first time the Super Bowl has drawn less than that number since 2009.

https://variety.com/2019/tv/news/super-bowl-liii-ratings-1203127648/

Anecdotal evidence comes from this forum. Practically no one is talking about this game - a KC first :laugh:

I read that the Super Bowl was NOT on in sports bar TV's in New Orleans. I don't know how many people watched the game at home, but the NFL lost New Orleans as fans of that game.

Imagine that.

Mike T.

I read that the Super Bowl was NOT on in sports bar TV's in New Orleans. I don't know how many people watched the game at home, but the NFL lost New Orleans as fans of that game.

Imagine that.

9358410-6663777-New_Orleans_Saints_supporters_celebrated_the_outcome_of_Super_Bo-a-11_1549267257165.jpg

"I'm so crazy, I don't know this is impossible! Hoo hoo!" - Daffy Duck

"The good news is that once you start piano you never have to worry about getting laid again. More time to practice!" - MOI

We have probably have seen the last of Gronk. Gronk has to look out for himself. NFL teams use up their players and when they get hurt or cannot perform up to what they use to do, they trade them or cut them. The fact that the Patriots were considering Trading Gronk to Detroit demonstrates that they have no loyalty to Gronk. He should retire and flip the Front Office the bird on his way out the door.

The NFL stands for NOT FOR LONG.

The ratings are in - the least watched Super Bowl since 2009:

If history is any indicator, the final linear viewership for the game will come in under 100 million viewers, which would be the first time the Super Bowl has drawn less than that number since 2009.

https://variety.com/2019/tv/news/super-bowl-liii-ratings-1203127648/

Anecdotal evidence comes from this forum. Practically no one is talking about this game - a KC first :laugh:

Hmm... not sure I enjoy being included as "practically no one;" but other than that, I get it. I understand why people from New Orleans weren't interested, I understand why people from St. Louis weren't interested, I understand why people who like high scoring games weren't interested, and I even understand why a lot of people in LA are still more interested in the Lakers and the Dodgers than they are in the Rams or the Chargers.

The good news for people who like high scoring games is that the overall trend is in their favor. After all, we had the first game in NFL history this year in which the loser scored more than 50 points!

Considering the rule changes that favor scoring and the concussion rules that limit contact, yesterday may have been defense's last hurrah. I know I'm in the minority, but I really savored it.

Best,

Geoff

My Blue Someday appears on Apple Music | Spotify | YouTube | Amazon

You are not alone brotha Geoff. I enjoyed the game too. :thu:

Its about time that early responders and others that take the risks and show up when "we" need them the most are appreciated.

A very touching commercial that was the best of all the advertisements.

Thanks for the validation, guys! :cool:

Best,

Geoff

We have probably have seen the last of Gronk. Gronk has to look out for himself. NFL teams use up their players and when they get hurt or cannot perform up to what they use to do, they trade them or cut them. The fact that the Patriots were considering Trading Gronk to Detroit demonstrates that they have no loyalty to Gronk. He should retire and flip the Front Office the bird on his way out the door.

The NFL stands for NOT FOR LONG.

Yeah, I'd like to see him go out on top while he still has some gas in the tank.

Best,

Geoff

I lost interest in pro sports ages ago... but did a last minute gig - a SB party, and enjoyed the game in a sunny beach towns backyard.

Listened to second half on my new iPhone 7 plus.

Why shouldn't excellence continue ( NE ) ?

Some scumbag news ass, got cute with one of my all time favorite singers, Ms Gladys Knight ( one dignified wonderful artist / legend ) ... how dare he do that? I am not interested in his reasons... I look forward to his rapid career demise.

You don't have ideas, ideas have you

We see the world, not as it is, but as we are. "One mans food is another mans poison". I defend your right to speak hate. Tolerance to a point, not agreement

• 2 months later...

Hey all - I know it's between seasons and this is probably not on the radar for most of you. Of course STL will not be getting the Rams back, but there's still been a lot of heartburn over the process and the contract, and the fact that we were left holding the purse strings for an unused dome. Many may not be aware of the ongoing lawsuits, but there has been some recent movement:

CLONK

ST. LOUIS, Mo. The City of St. Louis has won another round in court against the Los Angeles Rams and owner Stan Kroenke. In a decision released this morning by the Missouri Court of Appeals Eastern District, the court has found for St. Louis and turned down the Rams and Kroenkes request for arbitration.

This case stems from the Rams decision to leave St. Louis in 2015. The lawsuit was filed by the City of St. Louis, the sports authority and St. Louis County in 2017 alleging the Rams were in breach of contract when they departed. The courts decision today denies the Rams attempt to move the matter from the courts and into arbitration.

This case wont bring the Rams back from California. A successful outcome for St. Louis could cost the Rams and the NFL millions. If the case reaches trial, Kroenke could be put on the witness stand.

For those of you who are familiar with St. Louis City, it's been in decline for many years and the $300M debt on the empty dome has certainly not helped. Hopefully we can recoup some of the loss.

Dan

Acoustic/Electric stringed instruments ranging from 4 to 230 strings, hammered, picked, fingered, slapped, and plucked. Analog and Digital Electronic instruments, reeds, and throat/mouth.

"For those of you who are familiar with St. Louis City, it's been in decline for many years and the $300M debt on the empty dome has certainly not helped. Hopefully we can recoup some of the loss."

Hey Dan:

Once again this shows that the ONLY thing the NFL cares about is their Front Office and all the OTHER owners. Moving the RAMS from LA to St. Louis and then allowing them to leave the city of St. Louis holding the bag to the tune of 300 million is not small change. The NFL was OK with the RAMS in St. Louis again as long as they were WINNING games. "What have you done for our bank account Lately"

Typical.

The so called Rust Belt cities AND St. Louis needs all the help they can get in order to pay their bills.

Mike T.