Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Average price for 2nd hand Nord Stage 2? Stage 2EX?

Hi everyone,

Hope it's not a silly question, but I thought I would pick the brains of the collective group. I'm looking to upgrade from my Stage "Classic", but I can't find many Stage 2's for sale near me...

The one that is near to me (kijiji) the seller is asking $3600 CAD for a Stage 2EX. I can't help but feel this is too expensive, unless that's what they're selling for?

Any thoughts? Buyer/seller stories?

(Just to put it in perspective, the Nord Stage 3 Compact 76 sells for $4999 CAD)

Electro 5, NI Kontrol S61/49, MX49, PC3, Rev2, Prologue, Pro3, Juno-DS, Mopho Keys, SE02, drums, tons of synth software, guitars, amps, and pedals...help me!!

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Check reverb.com for prices in US dollars.

My experience has been that Nord Electros hold their value pretty well. I dont know about their other boards such as the Stage, but I would not be surprised to see that they do as well.

aka âmisterdregsâ

Nord Electro 5D 73

Yamaha P105

Kurzweil PC3LE7

Motion Sound KP200S

Schimmel 6-10LE

QSC CP-12

Westone AM Pro 30 IEMs

Rolls PM55P

I shopped around for a bit on reverb myself for Stage 2s, and realized they hold their value REALLY well--so well I would just buy new. I think I did see one pretty good deal either there or on Guitar Center used but it was gone quickly.

Since I like two boards anyway, I just got an electro and would like to pair it with something like the modx eventually to retire my ailing pc3 :)

The one that is near to me (kijiji) the seller is asking $3600 CAD for a Stage 2EX. I can't help but feel this is too expensive, unless that's what they're selling for?

That sounds about right based on the listings Ive seen for Stage 2s in Montreal and surroundings on Kijiji in the last year.

Nord Stage 2 Compact, Yamaha MODX8

Stage 3 Compacts can be had for well under $3000 USD. Just keep watching dealers for B-stock or open-box deals. I got one a month ago and know of a good Stage 3 Compact deal at the moment.
C3/122, M102A, Vox V301H, Farfisa Compact, Gibson G101, GEM P, RMI 300A, Piano Bass, Pianet , Prophet 5 rev. 2, Pro-One, Matrix 12, OB8, Korg MS20, Jupiter 6, Juno 60, PX-5S, Nord Stage 3 Compact

Thank you so much for all the replies. So perhaps the Stage 2EX is close to fair price or maybe a bit high. I will keep these points in mind.

Actually, I had a good play today on both the Electro 6D and the Stage 3 on my way home from work. I think I need one of those now. Man, those Mellotron and synth samples are just crazy fun! I added a little of the "Vibe" effect and some reverb...I might as well have been playing a synthesizer!

Ugh, they're so nice!

Regarding the price, I wish I could find a Stage 3 for $4000 CAD! ($3000 USD was mentioned above...)

The CAD dollar is so weak, it's hard to imagine me paying $5500 for the Stage 3. It really is frustrating and infuriating. (Good thing this is only a hobby, I mean I don't really need any of this. But I sure do love it and the pleasure it brings me!)

Electro 5, NI Kontrol S61/49, MX49, PC3, Rev2, Prologue, Pro3, Juno-DS, Mopho Keys, SE02, drums, tons of synth software, guitars, amps, and pedals...help me!!

I'm glad to see that my Stage 2 would still worth 4000 CAN$ but sincerely, this is the price I paid, full price , no discount because I was using I store credit, in December 2011 so, no way I would pay again the same price for stage 2 used....I know that the new stage 3 HA reached a summit at 6000 CAN$ but I would go for the compact stage 3 B Stock...
Stage 2, C2, NL2X+TC Pedals, P08+Tetra+H9, P12+TC Chorus D50+PG1000, 2 Matrix 1K, Proteus 2K, TX802, Streichfett, Drumbrute. Guitars:G&L Legacy, Asat X2, Ibanez Artstar AS153.Bass: L2000, SR1200&2605.

Thanks again for all the points. I think I will wait for a deal on a Stage 3 Compact. It's a current item, so there's no hurry to buy.

I'll just patiently watch and wait...

Pro Audio Star in Brooklyn currently has a deal on a "used" (possibly open box/customer return) Compact.
C3/122, M102A, Vox V301H, Farfisa Compact, Gibson G101, GEM P, RMI 300A, Piano Bass, Pianet , Prophet 5 rev. 2, Pro-One, Matrix 12, OB8, Korg MS20, Jupiter 6, Juno 60, PX-5S, Nord Stage 3 Compact

Speaking of Pro Audio Star, ask for a quote on new. They offer some great deals (if Canada isn't a deal-breaker). I just got an electro 6D from them brand new for cheaper than almost any used price I've seen.

The price they offer is quite nice! I've never done shipping something so large/expensive from the USA - I always figured the shipping costs will make it prohibitive.

Also, whenever I read the words: "import duties or taxes upon receipt" I don't know how to begin. Without knowing what those charges will be means I can't proceed. I wish all that stuff could be known ahead of time...

Without knowing what those charges will be means I can't proceed. I wish all that stuff could be known ahead of time...

Ive never dealt with Pro Audio Star myself, but more and more large US retailers are letting you calculate the import, tax, and brokerage fees at the time of checkout.

Nord Stage 2 Compact, Yamaha MODX8

Check Full Compass Systems in FL. Currently have great B-Stock deal on the S3C. Even with duty and taxes this might still be a good deal.

Thanks everyone. (I will check Full Compass as well...)

I did a short "chat" with ProAudioStar on their site, and it looks like I might be able to save quite a bit. I think as Canadians we're getting hosed somewhere...unless stores are desperate for business? What an eye-opener.

My question now involves duties, etc. I think that might deserve a new thread. Thank you all for chiming in, without your suggestions I would not have known any U.S. sites to look at.

• 2 months later...

I really enjoyed my Nord Stage 2 HA76 a LOT. In some ways, I wish I never sold mine. I didn't continue down the path with Stage 2EX or Stage 3 because I really valued a 76 key size and the Hammer Action instead of the HP keybed. I figured it was worth making a change to pick up more onboard piano memory, but for me, the TP/100 keybed in the HP76 missed the mark and while I was trying to adjust to the HP keybed I tried a Kurzweil Forte 7 and it stole the show for me. That being said, I think a Stage 2 HA76 is a great buy and highly recommend it.

I had accumulated some scratches and dings on the red end panels but never on the control surface, keys or screen with were always well kept, protected in bubble wrap and wiped down after a show. The end panels would get bumped around getting it on and off the stand or just incidental contact with things that go bump in the night on a stage.

Before I sold my Stage 2 HA76 I ordered a new set of the Nord factory red end panels from Full Compass parts department and put them on. The buyer commented that it looked like it was brand new out of the box and they were happy to pay my full asking price in cash without hemming and hawing over price concessions for the cosmetic shape of the end panels. It is an easy cosmetic fix and something to consider when you are ready to sell a Nord and want it to look great for a prospective buyer.

Yamaha U1 Upright, Roland Fantom 8, Nord Stage 4 HA73, Nord Wave 2, Korg Nautilus 73, Viscount Legend Live, Lots of Mainstage/VST Libraries