Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

OT: R. Kelly

I just read that after all of his legal woes and unpaid bills on, for instance, his Chicago studio, he has just $625 left in the bank. I think he should give me that money for the time I've had wasted by hearing about him on the news while waiting for actual information. That should get me Omnisphere and an SSD dock. Seems fair. Discuss.

"I want to be an intellectual, but I don't have the brainpower.
  The absent-mindedness, I've got that licked."
        ~ John Cleese

• Replies 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Fair enough, although I do not apologize for "polluting" the group a bit, since that is not unique to me alone. :wave:

I also posted it because it has become a clear struggle between staying informed and being deluged with such news as if it had any real-world import. The wearying stridence over every single issue has been abrading my composition process, so jabbing at it a bit is mildly liberating. Its hard to imagine merely "turning it off" when the good and bad are increasingly intertwined electronically.

I find that writing instrumentals is usually a positive way to deny the world's caustic aspects rather than being consumed by them. If bad news is determined to swing from my tonsils like a junebug on a trapeze, I am equally determined to spit him out. Preferably into the soup of pop poseurs or (redacted by the group's religion/politics proviso.)

Its simply a more modern build of the same problem composers have fought since Oog built the first marimba: how to encourage inspiration to outmatch despair. :keys:

~ John Cleese

Fair enough, although I do not apologize for "polluting" the group a bit, since that is not unique to me alone. :wave:

I also posted it because it has become a clear struggle between staying informed and being deluged with such news as if it had any real-world import. The wearying stridence over every single issue has been abrading my composition process, so jabbing at it a bit is mildly liberating. Its hard to imagine merely "turning it off" when the good and bad are increasingly intertwined electronically.

I find that writing instrumentals is usually a positive way to deny the world's caustic aspects rather than being consumed by them. If bad news is determined to swing from my tonsils like a junebug on a trapeze, I am equally determined to spit him out. Preferably into the soup of pop poseurs or (redacted by the group's religion/politics proviso.)

Its simply a more modern build of the same problem composers have fought since Oog built the first marimba: how to encourage inspiration to outmatch despair. :keys:

I deserve $20 for reading what you just wrote.

The baiting I do is purely for entertainment value. Please feel free to ignore it.

Heres Pete Davidsons take on it...

[video:youtube]

I could forgive the guests for being obvious as they desperately stared at a teleprompter reading their lines but this guy is a regular on SNL right? Just smile like you are saying reading something funny provocative and the audience laughs hoots and hollers? Or is that audience enhanced during the broadcast?

I have not cared to find out who R Kelly is (still don't) or why he has been in the news but I have an idea now.

...............http://www.sherv.net/cm/emo/funny/1/vomit.gif

...such news....

R Kelly songs at a gig report: I played "Burn It Up" as a DJ last Saturday night and everybody danced.

End of report.

As it relates to music? This.

It's the age-old conundrum about artist vis-a-vis art [putting aside for a moment the tired arguments about what constitutes 'good' music].

I could forgive the guests for being obvious as they desperately stared at a teleprompter reading their lines but this guy is a regular on SNL right? Just smile like you are saying reading something funny provocative and the audience laughs hoots and hollers? Or is that audience enhanced during the broadcast?

Actually, Petes also a writer on SNL, and does his own stand-up routine. Its cool if hes not for you, but hes not just reading lines, he writes too.

I would like to apologize to anyone I have not yet offended. Please be patient and I will get to you shortly.

I deserve $20 for reading what you just wrote.

You'll take $10, a dusty old Roland Jupiter-8 cloisonne pin and like it that way. :D

~ John Cleese