Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Tried to install Bandlabs Cakewalk big problems ensued.

I had all versions of Sonar on the computer and then I tried Bandlabs Cakewalk and it took over and corrupted all of my old sonar files and none of the file associations would work on all of the older versions.

Now I have to erase the C drive and all of the OS and Drivers on that newer computer, and reinstall everything because I uninstalled all of the Sonar apps and the Bandlab Cakewalk app, and reinstalled one Sonar app (Sonar 3) and the computer would not open that app at all so I put Sonar 8.5.3 on and it did open the file but it would not play the file without some kind of clicking noise. I did have everything working great on the newer computer before Bandlabs Cakewalk app went on. So I am assuming that is the culprit.

One more caution when I was installing Bandlabs Cakewalk on my Windows 8.1 Computer my anti virus popped up and told me that there was a tracking cookie just installed on the computer and it was downloading my personal info. Fortunately I do not put my real info on there. But it was the beginning of a scary moment.

Tomorrow the reinstall of the OS and drivers on my Win 8.1 computer.

BE VERY CAREFUL INSALLING BANDLABS CAKEWALK ON YOUR DAW.

• Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Whoa, thanks for the headzup.

Is this a paid/authorized version?

It is Free, ever since Bandlab bought the rights to Cakewalk products they encourage any Sonar user to download and install Bandlabs Cakewalk. They have some other agenda I assume to monetize their free software. Anyways there are other users who have no such problems.

Sounds to me like it just changed your bit rate to something your sound card didn't properly support. No need to wipe your PC.

Also, info collection is not a bad thing. It's what makes sure you see ads for guitars instead of tampons, at the side of the screen. No personal info is ever collected. ;)

Sounds to me like it just changed your bit rate to something your sound card didn't properly support. No need to wipe your PC.

Thanks;

I think it did a lot more than that, I tried installing some of my early versions of Sonar, and they would not load up only 8.5.3 did load but it would not play. A clean wipe and re-install is in order for tomorrow or a bit later. No big hurry.......

The only reason I suggest bit rate is that would make your audio have a clicking noise. Installing software would only cause other programs to not open if they overwrote files. If that is the case, reinstalling the original software would over write the changes and fix the issues. If it's a driver, reinstalling the driver would work. While a full wipe will also work, I always hate to see someone do that when it isn't necessary. Either way...let me know if I can help and, good luck!

Let me know if I can help and, good luck!

Thanks amigo. I was just out in my office copying files onto an external Hard Drive. The reinstall files are on a separate partition on the hard drive inside the computer. I have been wanting to reinstall for a year or so, because the boot time was getting longer and longer. Now it is time, I've done this before on many computers in the past. (I did check the bit rate inside Sonar and in my USB interface and they were OK) I think it is because after I uninstalled all the DAW apps, I did go in and do a regedit to delete any Bandlab and Sonar stuff, that is probably also part of the problem. If worse comes to worse I will buy another computer.

This stuff gives me a lot to do in the next several days. Generally I am bored stiff some days (I am retired) This is an adventure not a big problem. Thanks for the offer of help amigo.