Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Crumar Seven

Wanna see me improvise a Seven demo?

dB

"Sticklers for auth-en-tic-it-y" :D

"I'm so crazy, I don't know this is impossible! Hoo hoo!" - Daffy Duck

"The good news is that once you start piano you never have to worry about getting laid again. More time to practice!" - MOI

• Replies 832
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yesterday I had a problem with my Seven. During band-practice it started to trigger random notes while playing. I've been careful with my Seven and don't transport it that much, but this was disappointing. Anybody else had this?

EP Review with Dave Bryce

[video:youtube]

Find 660 of my jazz piano arrangements of standards for educational purposes and tutorials at www.Patreon.com/HarryLikas Harry was the Technical Editor of Mark Levine's "The Jazz Theory Book" and helped develop "The Jazz Piano Book."

Must be a fake demo, everyone knows the TP100 action is unplayable.

I'm enjoying the Venice Grand on the Seven. With that addition, the keyboard feels complete.

Gigging: Crumar Mojo 61, Hammond SKPro

Home: Vintage Vibe 64

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
A review I've written after receiving mine: LINK

Very nicely written, David. The first two paragraphs grabbed me right in.

Thanks so much Steve that means a lot! :)

• 2 weeks later...

Sorry I missed those replies - Sun@Rain I did it just for fun.

I love the form factor of the Seven (like johnchop says - it's hot :D) and essentially avoiding needing a stand. If I use that configuration I'd be using the Nord for organs and probably some pianos as well.

• 1 month later...

Hello everyone,

I'm new here and first of all, thank you for all the valuable informations on this thread. I'm planning on getting a modeling keyboard soon and you helped me gravitate towards Crumar.

However, I have a question for those of you who have both the Mojo 61 and the Seven. I contacted Crumar and they said that the electric pianos engines were not 100% identical in the two instruments. Do you hear any differences? Better yet, do you have a way to record something simple and post it here that would emphasize the differences?

Sorry if it seems a bit rude for a first post and, again, thanks!

Hello everyone,

I'm new here and first of all, thank you for all the valuable informations on this thread. I'm planning on getting a modeling keyboard soon and you helped me gravitate towards Crumar.

However, I have a question for those of you who have both the Mojo 61 and the Seven. I contacted Crumar and they said that the electric pianos engines were not 100% identical in the two instruments. Do you hear any differences? Better yet, do you have a way to record something simple and post it here that would emphasize the differences?

Sorry if it seems a bit rude for a first post and, again, thanks!

If Crumar says they're not identical, then I guess they're not. As someone who owns both, I'm not sure I could answer the question. Because the sounds are so adjustable, to compare the two you would have to know whether you were starting from the same baseline, and I'm not sure how I as a user could do that with any kind of certainty. I'd say that if someone was trying to choose between the Mojo 61 and the Seven, there would be many factors in that decision more important than whether the EP engines were identical.

Gigging: Crumar Mojo 61, Hammond SKPro

Home: Vintage Vibe 64