Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Mick Jagger

Rocker Mick Jagger is set to undergo heart valve replacement surgery in NYC this week,, the report at the top of the Drudge Report, the influential online aggregator, read. Jagger is expected to make a full recovery and will be back on stage by summer, sources explain. The procedure has a 95% success rate. And Jagger, 75, is in extraordinary physical condition.

www.mediaite.com/online/matt-drudge-breaks-news-of-mick-jagger-heart-surgery/?fbclid=IwAR0iE9brqc9maObuTPIc_PUYr9TDjFIpzN1PcPnVfA-j9_V6gzZRxOVt9_w

• Replies 17
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

My father had a heart valve replacement at the age of 91 & was playing golf a week later. Unless there are mitigating complications, it's a minimally invasive procedure, using an arthroscope to fish the valve through the aorta from a small incision in the groin. No need to open up the chest. I'm sure Mick will pull through just fine.
Scott Fraser

At 75 all sorts of things might be wrong w/any of us.

Kinda surprising abt MJ since he's always been very health conscious & active ...but there ya go.

& to give this some gtr context...

2 surprising vid clips

[video:youtube]

[video:youtube]

d=halfnote

Aww...HELL! I'm not yet SEVENTY and got all kindsa shit bothering me....

Lymphedema; hypertension, some kind of so far incurable roseacea(with fortunately no outward signs, but does always feel like my face, eyes and nostrils are invaded by tiny mite-like creatures) and having still numbness on my left from a mini-stoke almost five years ago.

But Mick's situation IS far more serious than any of that, and I'm pulling for him.

Whitefang

I started out with NOTHING...and I still have most of it left!

Aww...HELL! I'm not yet SEVENTY and got all kindsa shit bothering me....

Lymphedema; hypertension, some kind of so far incurable roseacea(with fortunately no outward signs, but does always feel like my face, eyes and nostrils are invaded by tiny mite-like creatures) and having still numbness on my left from a mini-stoke almost five years ago.

But Mick's situation IS far more serious than any of that, and I'm pulling for him.

Whitefang

I am sorry to hear about all of your health problems, hope you get better Whitefang.

Hoping for a fast recovery for Mick Jagger, and back on tour soon. The Rolling Stones transcend generations. We have 3 generations of Rolling Stones fans in my family.

Jenny S.

Jagger's dad had a Brit TV show abt sports training back in the 1950s (MJ can be seen in some episodes!)

but the facts of DNA & its outplay are independent of what we do.

I'd point out, as tried above,

MJ knows more abt gtr than many allow.

d=halfnote

1st: Thank you, SurferGirl... :)

2nd: Yep. Most DON'T know Mick too plays guitar. How well, I have no idea since all I've seen( and heard) him do is just strum a few chords.(doing "You Can't Always Get What You Want" on Ed Sullivan). ;)

Whitefang

Rolling Stones frontman Mick Jagger is recovering after a heart valve replacement procedure."Mick Jagger has successfully undergone treatment. He is doing very well and is expected to make a full recovery," a representative for Jagger said in a statement to CNN. A source close to the band told CNN earlier this week that Jagger was being treated to replace a valve in his heart, but a representative for the singer declined to elaborate.

"Thank you everyone for all your messages of support, I'm feeling much better now and on the mend - and also a huge thank you to all the hospital staff for doing a superb job," Jagger wrote in a tweet Friday afternoon.

I was speaking to someone who said that the tour management released a statement saying that it's just a delay, hang on to your tickets. I mean, it's a routine operation these days but it's still a heart valve. I hope Mick doesn't overdo it and make things worse.

Same old surprises, brand new cliches-

Skipsounds on Soundclick:

www.soundclick.com/bands/pagemusic.cfm?bandid=602491

You BETCHA!

My brother had similar heart trouble and thought he could "bully" his way through it. Sadly, it didn't work.

I would imagine, having made it this far in life, that Mick would have far more sense.

Whitefang