Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Anyone have a Cardbus for an Echo Layla 24/96?

Anyone have a Cardbus for an Echo Layla 24/96? I am trying to get my recording capabilities back up and running. I have the Layla 24/96 but never bought the cardbus, I used PCI slots back in the day to work that item. Anyways I am formatting my old laptop to become my new recording computer.

• Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

A hesitant word of advice; update your recording gear rather than trying to resurrect older stuff. I traded an OCD overdrive pedal for an outdated Pro Tools setup, and never got the silly thing to work. Between Windows changing their software, and Pro Tools ceasing to support their older versions(and, I might add, Avid's downright crummy customer service), I got the shaft big time.

You gotta do what you gotta do, but you might be better off just going with a whole new set up, if you can work it into your budget.

Always remember that you are unique. Just like everyone else.

+1 Picker. A DAW isn't really about the hardware, it's the software. I'm guessing that hardware is 15 or more years old at this point, & really not, in my opinion, worth investing any more money in. Seriously, I'd look at a new low cost USB based interface.
Scott Fraser