Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Musikmesse 2019 Reports

This year's Musikmesse starts on April 2 in Frankfurt and will last until the 5th.

Please post your Musikmesse 2019 reports here, for forum members who are not fortunate enough to go to the show.

Feel free to discuss Musikmesse announced gear, events, and performances in this thread.

Best,

Geoff

My Blue Someday appears on Apple Music | Spotify | YouTube | Amazon

• Replies 11
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks Geoff - slim pickings this year at Messe - well keyboard wise anyway... I checked the list of exhibitors and Yamaha and Casio are both not there. Don't think I saw Korg or Roland, or Studiologic...I may have missed them though as it was really early this morning haha!

There is no luck - luck is simply the confluence of circumstance and co-incidence...

Time is the final arbiter for all things

Thanks Geoff - slim pickings this year at Messe - well keyboard wise anyway... I checked the list of exhibitors and Yamaha and Casio are both not there. Don't think I saw Korg or Roland, or Studiologic...I may have missed them though as it was really early this morning haha!

Yes, it seems that a number of manufacturers have opted not to exhibit this year.

Kawai is at Messe, however the booth is in the "Business to Business" area, and not open to the general public.

Kind regards,

James

x

Employed by Kawai Japan, however the opinions I express are my own.
Nord Electro 3 & occasional rare groove player.

Yes, it seems that a number of manufacturers have opted not to exhibit this year.

Kawai is at Messe, however the booth is in the "Business to Business" area, and not open to the general public.

Kind regards,

James

x

Yep. The beginning of the end for the Messe, imo. Less exhibitors, less visitors in the last couple of years. Just like the Cebit in Hanover... gone.

Yamaha C3 | CP4 | CK88 | P-121 | Sauter 108 Studio | Schimmel 112 |

Kind regards,

James

x

Yep. The beginning of the end for the Messe, imo. Less exhibitors, less visitors in the last couple of years. Just like the Cebit in Hanover... gone.

If it's true it's very sad news, because it is the biggest show in Europe...

Time will tell...

Kurzweil K2661 + full options,iMac 27",Mac book white,Apogee Element 24 + Duet,Genelec 8030A,Strymon Lex + Flint,Hohner Pianet T,Radial Key-Largo,Kawai K5000W,Moog Minitaur,Yamaha Reface YC + CP, iPad 9th Gen, Arturia Beatstep + V Collection 9

https://antonisadelfidis.bandcamp.com

Trade shows do come and go -- we see this all the time at my own company. The two or three that we prioritize each year as the most important ones, has changed a number of times in the twenty years I've been in the pro audio business. Even Pro Light + Sound has diminished in importance a bit. The ones that matter most to us at this point, no longer have any overlap with the Musical Instruments industry as they did previously.

Eugenio Upright, 60th Anniversary P-Bass, USA Geddy Lee J-Bass, Yamaha BBP35, D'angelico SS Bari, EXL1,

Select Strat, 70th Anniversary Esquire, LP 57, Eastman T486, T64, Ibanez PM2, Hammond XK4, Moog Voyager

Superbooth seems to be the new trade show for keyboards. Look at the list of companies - Roland, Yamaha, Korg, Behringer, Nord, Waldorf, Kurzweil etc - they'll all be there:

https://www.superbooth.com/

Too much stuff, too little time, too few gigs, should spend more time practicing...!  🙄

main instruments: Nord Stage 3 compact, Yamaha CP88, Kurzweil PC4, Viscount KeyB Legend Live