Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Older Fatar Studio 90 Plus MIDI Controller issue. HELP!

I have an older Fatar controller, 88-weighted keys etc. I have a strange issue that I can't fix. I took the keyboard apart and it does not have rubber trigger pads like I have seen in other topics about this keyboard. Rather, each key has a very small spring that is stretched through two little metal contacts. Each spring is soldered to a board. There are two long boards, one for each half of the keyboard. All of the solders are solid, and I don't see any noticeable issue, but starting with the first D-key, every 8th note does not trigger on the bottom half of the keyboard. So D, then Bf, then Gf, and so on. It seems odd that its every 8th note. There are no broken springs or solders, so I'm thinking it could be the board? Has anyone seen anything like this before? Could it be the battery? I would like to fix it, but I don't want to spend a fortune since they keyboard is probably not worth much. I'm guessing its 25+ years old now. Its still nice and clean and functional, but I'm sure the tech is old now. I'd be surprised if I can even get parts for it. Thanks!

• Replies 0
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic