Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Roland Go Keys: Fun as f...

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• 7 months later...

Ummm... totally disagree, I tried a Go:Piano and a Go:Keys in the store a week ago, the difference was night & day. Go:Piano was much stiffer and had about the most piano-like action I've ever felt with an unweighted board. Go:Keys was floppy and sloppy, typical Roland fare. I preferred the Casiotone's action to the Go:Keys, but the Go:Piano gave me pause.

I was in the market for a cheap little self-contained board. The Go:Keys seemed like a complete waste. The Casiotone S300 is arguably superior, or at least VERY close, and less than half the price. But the Go:Piano had a surprisingly good piano sound feel. IMO, there is no place in this world for the Go:Keys anymore.

Puck Funk! :)

Equipment: Laptop running lots of nerdy software, some keyboards, noise makersâ¦yada yada yadaâ¦maybe a cat?

Anybody else who can confirm that the action is different? Seems like the gentlemen from this thread were having the opinion that they are identical:

http://forum.pianoworld.com/ubbthreads.php/topics/2755574/why-is-roland-go-keys-cheaper-than-go-piano.html

It also seems âlikely' that the actions are the same, given that these two boards are virtually identical and that also Roland describes the keybed with the same words (ivory feel and box shaped keys with velocity). But admittedly it also seems likely that the GoPiano should somehow be better for piano than the GoKeys, and a different action seems like one way to do this.

2019 W.Hoffmann T122 upright, Roland FP-50, Roland RD64, Korg Microkorg

I was curious so did some research on the ol' youtube. If you watch this video at about 4:10 the reviewer says GoPiano is "slightly more weighted" than the GoKeys.

Gigging: Crumar Mojo 61, Hammond SKPro

Home: Vintage Vibe 64