Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Will likely be away from the forum for a bit

Best of luck Jim! As others have said you are a valued asset around here and a true brotha to those who have met you!

Jimmy

Those are my principles, and if you don't like them... well, I have others. Groucho

NEW BAND CHECK THEM OUT

www.steveowensandsummertime.com

www.jimmyweaver.com

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Best wishes, Jim.

I've seen a few people get the cataract surgery and come away very, very happy in the end. I worked with an old Russian dude who had coke-bottle thick glasses and afterwards he didn't need them anymore. He kept saying, "every day, I see better and better!" in his Russian accent. It was really funny and happy. I hope you're blown away with how good the results are. :)

(You too, Dave Ferris!)

"I'm so crazy, I don't know this is impossible! Hoo hoo!" - Daffy Duck

"The good news is that once you start piano you never have to worry about getting laid again. More time to practice!" - MOI

Good luck Jim,

As a fellow keyboardist with Glaucoma I sympathize with where you are now in your vision degradation.

I also fondly remember you as the very first person to respond to my first Kurzweil question on the old Sonikmatter forum which you answered so informatively which helped me get going on my new pc3k at that time.

Regards Brian.

Kurzweil PC3K8/ GSI Gemini Desktop/ ESI UNIK 8+ monitors/ QSC K8.2/ Radial Key Largo/ CPS Spacestation 

Praying for you, Jim. I hope you're able to be back here right away because your vision has drastically improved.

"In the beginning, Adam had the blues, 'cause he was lonesome.

So God helped him and created woman.

Now everybody's got the blues."

Willie Dixon

Our thoughts and prayers are with you, Jim. My father had similar surgery at age ~70 and he's doing well.

I pray your operation goes similarly well.

Sundown

Working on: The Jupiter Bluff; Driven Away

Main axes: Kawai MP11 and Kurz PC361

DAW Platform: Cubase

Jim,

This surgery is so common and routine now that I wouldn't give it a drop of concern. I've had many friends do this and all have had remarkable results.

That said, I have to say that I may relate more personally than most because like you, I've been blind in my left eye for around 25 years, and I also live with the same concern that any right eye complications could leave me sightless. I know exactly how you feel, but I still think there's little to worry about with this particular surgery so we'll See you when you return.

Just a quick note: Surgery went well, both procedures. At this point, I can see well enough to get around, because the glaucoma procedure takes longer to heal, it will be about 4 weeks before the eye stabilizes enough to be fitted for any needed glasses. I'm viewing this on a 32" monitor with 200% magnification turned on in Windows.

Have to keep eye covered with glasses all day, then shield over eye at night for sleeping. No real pain, although I can definitely feel the stitches from the glaucoma procedure (they will dissolve). Not spending much time on computer. Medications: one eyedrop 6 times a day, another 4 times, and a third one time. No longer taking the two that I was using to affect the glaucoma. Eye pressure measured yesterday at Dr. office was 6, had been 10 (this is a very good thing, indicates that the excess fluid is draining)

Feeling very blessed.

Thanks for all of the well-wishes and prayers.

Jim

Howard Grand|Hamm SK1-73|Kurz PC2|PC2X|PC3|PC3X|PC361; QSC K10's

HP DAW|Epi Les Paul & LP 5-str bass|iPad mini2

"Now faith is the substance of things hoped for, the evidence of things not seen."

Jim

Prayers being answered. Glad to hear the procedures went well and the initial outcome is positive. Wise choice to take it easy on the computer (and all screens that require your eyes to adjust). For the optimum results in reducing pressure to the best level is rest so the pressure is not going up and down all the time.

Glad to see your "being away" was less time than you anticipated.

Don

"Yes, on occasion I do talk to myself, sometimes I need an expert's opinion."

Alesis DG8, ARP(Korg)Odyssey Mk.1, Roland JU-06 & Keystation61. Stratocaster if I get tired of sitting.

Just a quick note: Surgery went well, both procedures.

Excellent news mayne. Let the healing begin. :thu::cool:

What he said. :cool:

I'm glad that's behind you, Jim.

TLH

"Music expresses that which cannot be put into words and that which cannot remain silent." - Victor Hugo