Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Absinthe at Pirate's Alley Cafe in New Orleans.

Ooo - living dangerously!

Lots of great drinks in NOLA; love ma a Hurricane (when it's done right and not watered down).

I love that town. I wasn't impressed the one time I had that drink though. It was really sweet. That was at Pat O'Brien's.

"I'm so crazy, I don't know this is impossible! Hoo hoo!" - Daffy Duck

"The good news is that once you start piano you never have to worry about getting laid again. More time to practice!" - MOI

Yeah, it's a sweet drink; but best when it's sweet AND strong. Yeah, I miss New Orleans. It's been over 15 years since I was there.

Left to my own devices, I'll take a nice single malt Scotch. (Cragganmore 12 year, if possible).

In my early days, rye whiskey was rot gut stuff (or at least, what I was exposed to was). However, I've recently discovered Sagamore Rye, which is excellent!

"Am I enough of a freak to be worth paying to see?"- Separated Out (Marillion)

NEW band Old band

Yeah, it's a sweet drink; but best when it's sweet AND strong. Yeah, I miss New Orleans. It's been over 15 years since I was there.
Sorry to hear that. I went for my first time only a couple of years ago, and I absolutely loved it. I've been back twice since. I often say that it's a good thing I don't live closer, or I'd be there every month or more. As it is, it's a five or six hour drive, which is longer than just winging it.

"I'm so crazy, I don't know this is impossible! Hoo hoo!" - Daffy Duck

"The good news is that once you start piano you never have to worry about getting laid again. More time to practice!" - MOI

I love coffee. I started drinking it quite late in the first year of my college. It was just a magic tool to start the morning after the next party and before classes in philosophy. After graduating from college, the habit of drinking coffee didn't disappear, but rather grew stronger. I now drink at least 3 cups of coffee per day. The last cup is necessarily a latte. Some people believe that coffee is bad for health, but on the contrary, I think that coffee is very healthy. This article describes some of the reasons why I think so. I really think that coffee well affects the state of the skin, raises the pressure and is the prevention of diabetes mellitus grade 2

I used to hate coffee; drank a lot of tea. Liked the smell of coffee, but not the taste. Then my oldest started working at a Starbucks, and would say, "I just learned to make a (XXXX)... try it!" Eventually I started liking it. Got my first coffee maker at 45. Generally, no more than 1 cup a day; maybe 2 on weekends.

NEW band Old band

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
Not much on hard liquor, but my preference is a Napa Valley Cabernet Sauvingnon, followed by a Heffeweizen or a good Pilsner or Lager, preferably German or maybe Czech. After that, I appreciate a good Bloody Mary. Sub Zero ice bar makes a Bacon Mary.....Bakon Vodka Bloody Mary complete with a strip of bacon.

Dan

Acoustic/Electric stringed instruments ranging from 4 to 230 strings, hammered, picked, fingered, slapped, and plucked. Analog and Digital Electronic instruments, reeds, and throat/mouth.

• 2 weeks later...
a good Pilsner or Lager, preferably German or maybe Czech

hey Dan, just so your bartender knows that you are very knowledgeable about this topic, a Pilsner is a lager. There are only 2 types of beers, ales and lagers. Everything else is just a category. Cheers.

:cheers:

:nopity:

You say potato

I say Vodka

For my daughter's 21st birthday last month, we went to a Korean grill. She wanted a drink, so the waiter suggested "soju", which he aid was pretty much Korean vodka. They flavor it by putting a popsicle in a carafe of soju. Pretty decent. Not too strong, but just enough.

The next week I saw it for sale in a local store. Darned if he wasn't right - it's made from fermented SWEET potato.

NEW band Old band

German Rieslings (US ones, especially from CA have too much alcohol percentage, which overrides the subtle flavors).

Occasionally a good Cabernet Franc

Most of the really good moderate priced German Rieslings never get exported, the home folk there drink them.

Howard Grand|Hamm SK1-73|Kurz PC2|PC2X|PC3|PC3X|PC361; QSC K10's

HP DAW|Epi Les Paul & LP 5-str bass|iPad mini2

"Now faith is the substance of things hoped for, the evidence of things not seen."

Jim