Music Player Network Home Guitar Player Magazine Keyboard Magazine Bass Player Magazine EQ Magazine
Topic Options
#2980355 - 03/16/19 11:59 AM OT:Mac experts, Sound flower and trainyourears problems
RudyS Offline
MP Hall of Fame Member

Loc: Groningen, The netherlands
I use a program called trainyourears (TYE), which basically does some random EQ of a sound and you have to guess what EQ settings are used. Very useful and and fun program. Sound flower is 3rd party software which allow you to re-direct sound of your sound card, so you can sound from say Spotify to the TYE software. It all worked perfectly until recently (I believe after my Mojave update).

I now can't get the Sound Flower to get audio in the TYE software. I contacted their support, but they don't seem to be able to solve the problem. They are only suggestion the obvious stuff, which I already checked. Hopefully there is somebody here who can help me.

the facts:

-I believe Sound flower is working properly, as I can use Soundflower in logic and am able to send Spotify to Logic via Soundflower.
-I selected the right settings in the TYE (support has checked that)
-I have the same setup on my Mac mini running Sierra, and there it works.
-I have audio in the TYE software itself, as I can play files directly from the software.

Is there maybe some new setting in Mojave which is blocking the signal to TYE?

KC Island
#2980398 - 03/16/19 08:35 PM Re: OT:Mac experts, Sound flower and trainyourears problems [Re: RudyS]
Sven Golly Offline
KC Ambassador of Goodwill
10k Club

Loc: Toronto, ON

#2980412 - 03/17/19 04:14 AM Re: OT:Mac experts, Sound flower and trainyourears problems [Re: Sven Golly]
RudyS Offline
MP Hall of Fame Member

Loc: Groningen, The netherlands
Sven, really, how do you do that!? You should make a living out of these things!

Of course you have the answer and it is working perfectly now! Even the developer of the program couldn't help me!

Thank you very much!

Moderator:  Dave Bryce, Stephen Fortner