Music Player Network Home Guitar Player Magazine Keyboard Magazine Bass Player Magazine EQ Magazine
Topic Options
#2980183 - 03/15/19 02:28 AM anybody ever mess with one of these?
picker Offline
10k Club

Loc: Near 12th Street and Vine...

GP Island
#2980184 - 03/15/19 02:40 AM Re: anybody ever mess with one of these? [Re: picker]
Winston Psmith Offline
MP Hall of Fame Member

Loc: Inside the Beltway
Never seen one before? Man, that's really treading a fine line with trademark or copyright infringement; just different enough that they can probably get away with it.

Then, there's this, which I lifted directly from the Amazon site - "CLONE Klon Centaur GOLD PROFESSIONAL OVERDRIVE True Bypass Mini Klon Centaur Effect Pedal".

I can tell you, there are a lot of bogus products and knock-offs on Amazon, even for well-known brand name products. They're usually from some retailer or supplier you've never heard of, very often overseas, although some say "Fulfilled by Amazon". I'd take my chances with a bargain OD from my nearest GC, before I'd order one of those.

http://www.novparolo.com

#2980217 - 03/15/19 08:01 AM Re: anybody ever mess with one of these? [Re: Winston Psmith]
Larryz Offline
10k Club

Loc: Northern California
I've ordered a ton of stuff off of Amazon and only had to return 2 or 3 products. Amazon has a return policy that is very fast and efficient with free shipping via UPS. On products supplied by independents, Amazon monitors them very closely. I have had to contact one directly regarding a return and Amazon monitors their response. They risk being kicked off the program, if they do not satisfy a customer. Amazon guaranteed me a refund. I would give the pedal a try if I really wanted one and hope for the clone to Klon at $25 bucks LOL! cool

Edited by Larryz (03/15/19 08:04 AM)

#2980219 - 03/15/19 08:28 AM Re: anybody ever mess with one of these? [Re: Larryz]
d / halfnote Offline
MP Hall of Fame Member

Loc: no longer lexington, Kenfunky,...
I'm not really hip to newer pedals but here's somethings I found on YTube

WARNING: yer mus' be able to penetrate a severe Sco'ish accent, ye mus', Laddie !

Less murky & more helpful, perhaps ("sorry abt thhe clothes washer in the background" rolleyes )

Prolly the best online demo

More info &, demos &, etc. = https://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=Mosky+Golden+Horse+Mini+Klon+Centaur+Guitar+Effect+Pedal+OVERDRIVE+True+Bypass

BUT as always yer best test is the one you perform w/yer own gtr & gear

#2980281 - 03/15/19 04:24 PM Re: anybody ever mess with one of these? [Re: d / halfnote]
picker Offline
10k Club

I figured for $23 and free shipping, if I didn't like it, I could give it to somebody who did.

#2980316 - 03/16/19 04:38 AM Re: anybody ever mess with one of these? [Re: picker]
Caevan O'Shite Offline
20k Club

Loc: The Great Spirit's Handprint o...
Originally Posted By: picker
I figured for $23 and free shipping, if I didn't like it, I could give it to somebody who did.

Yer probally right. Though I couldn't help but think, thassa funny way to wield a poleaxe... wink

~ Caevan James-Michael Miller-O'Shite ~
_ ___ _ Leprechaun, Esquire _ ___ _

#2980496 - 03/17/19 04:22 PM Re: anybody ever mess with one of these? [Re: Caevan O'Shite]
picker Offline
10k Club

This sucker needs a like button... love it, Caev...

#2980511 - 03/17/19 06:20 PM Re: anybody ever mess with one of these? [Re: picker]
Caevan O'Shite Offline
20k Club

Loc: The Great Spirit's Handprint o...
Originally Posted By: picker
This sucker needs a like button... love it, Caev...

blush love love love love love like

Much love for the horsewax witha poleaxe...

(I haven't had the pleasure of this golden treasure, but it's got a well-liked reputation, for good measure... )

~ Caevan James-Michael Miller-O'Shite ~
_ ___ _ Leprechaun, Esquire _ ___ _

#2981171 - 03/21/19 10:26 PM Re: anybody ever mess with one of these? [Re: Caevan O'Shite]
Bluesape Moderator Offline
10k Club

Loc: Ottawa
Looks cool for peanuts pricing.

#2981278 - 03/22/19 11:07 AM Re: anybody ever mess with one of these? [Re: Bluesape]
Winston Psmith Offline
MP Hall of Fame Member

Loc: Inside the Beltway
A little further down, on that same Amazon page, there was this listing, for $6 more -

Mosky Golden Horse Full Metal Shell

Not sure what the difference is, other than $6 more for what looks like the same box?

http://www.novparolo.com

Moderator:  A String, Bluesape, myles_rose