Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Music theory card game on Kickstarter

I was amused to run across this yesterday, which I immediately backed:

Lord of the Chords

The creator wrote an article on Medium about the inspiration behind creating it: I Hated Music Theory - How I Ended Up Creating A Music Theory Card Game Musicians Love. Intriguing, and definitely something I thought I could use in my life. This campaign is just about up with less than a week to go, so if it sounds like your thing you might want to jump on it.

1*nNSZUK6HUufpw_yKVUZNXw.jpeg

Acoustic: Shigeru Kawai SK-7 ~ Breedlove C2/R

MIDI: Kurzweil Forte ~ Sequential Prophet X ~ Yamaha CP88 ~ Expressive E Osmose

Electric: Schecter Solo Custom Exotic ~ Chapman MLB1 Signature Bass

• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

That was quite the over enthusiastic buzzy pitch on Kick.

I suppose when someone is raising $160,000 from all over, thats the way it's done.

Product might be a good idea for beginners or folks in the teen and older demographic.

If this works out, maybe the approach can be used in the public school system ;)

Why fit in, when you were born to stand out ?

My Soundcloud with many originals:

[70's Songwriter]

Interesting gambit, though I already think the world's overloaded w/theory conceptualizations, many more confusing than helful.

Maybe I'll make a musical slide rule (really a "wheel-within-wheel" guide to traditional mode identification.

d=halfnote

• 4 years later...

I stumbled upon Lord of the Chords as well, and it piqued my interest. The idea of turning music theory into a card game seems like a fantastic way to make learning more engaging. It's always refreshing to see creative approaches to education. Thanks for bringing it up; I'll certainly consider checking it out.

On 11/29/2023 at 2:55 PM, LindseyNorman said:

I stumbled upon Lord of the Chords as well, and it piqued my interest. The idea of turning music theory into a card game seems like a fantastic way to make learning more engaging. It's always refreshing to see creative approaches to education. Thanks for bringing it up; I'll certainly consider checking it out.

Speaking of card games, I recently became obsessed with playing euchre. It's incredible how a simple deck of cards can provide so much entertainment and friendly competition. It's been a great way for me to unwind and spend time with friends and family. Have you tried euchre before? If not, you might want to give it a shot!