Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Casio Privia PX-S1000 ($600) and S3000 ($800)

Thanks Mike Martin for the info.

I liked the Casio CPD-S350 a lot, so if the PX-S3000 has these improvements it should be a lot greater.

I am decided to purchase it, once it's available.

Casio PX-S3000, Elektron Analog Keys, Elektron Octatrack, Synthstrom Deluge, Eurorack 6U, Yamaha DXR10

Personal:

https://www.youtube.com/user/mcpepe2/

Band:

https://www.youtube.com/tentaclesband

On page one we have this:

Privia PX-S1000 ($600) AiR Sound Chip 24.5 lbs, 2 speakers.

Privia PX-S3000 ($800) AiR Sound Chip, 24.5 lbs, 2 speakers.

But now I see $900 for S1000 and $1200 for S3000.

Where? You could be seeing the difference between list price and street price.

Maybe this is the best place for a shameless plug! Our now not-so-new new video at https://youtu.be/3ZRC3b4p4EI is a 40 minute adaptation of T. S. Eliot's "Prufrock" - check it out! And hopefully I'll have something new here this year. ;-)

Where? You could be seeing the difference between list price and street price.

Look at the title...above your post.

Re: Casio Privia PX-S1000 ($900) and S3000 ($1200)

I just went back many pages and found a post that listed the price in Canada. Maybe that's where it came from then.

www.youtube.com/c/InTheMixReviews

I could see this causing some confusion, because the discussion turned to comparing the CDP-S350 and the PX-S3000, so just to help out, the piano is the same in both PX-S models (1000 and 3000). And the actions are the same, the speakers, the dual headphones and audio outputs, plus Bluetooth audio.

Regards,

Jerry

The differences are significant, here is a quick list because I'm traveling.

- The PX-S3000 includes a patent-pending "smart scaling" feature that simulates the individual hammer and key behavior of each of the 88 keys individually.

- The PX-S3000 has different piano samples

- The new AiR engine in the PX-S3000 has damper resonance, string resonance, damper noise, key-on/off mechanical noises and more. The CDP-S350 doesn't have any of this technology.

- Effects system: The effects system in the PX-S3000 is completely different and has fully editable insert effects

- Realtime controls: Over the CDP-S350 the PX-S3000 adds two knobs and an assignable expression pedal input

The PX-S3000 also adds:

- 1/4" left right outputs

- Two headphone outputs

- USB Audio Recording and Playback

- High Resolution MIDI Velocity

- Bluetooth audio

- Significantly better speaker system

There is more but that is the list off the top of my head.

Hi Bill:

As I just wrote, the samples are the same... just some more presets.

From my viewpoint, once you move into jamming and some other playing situations, the 3000 wins because there's more variety of acoustic and electric piano presets... not to mention clav and other bread-and butter sounds. Plus you can make changes to the effects...

That's just the beginning, but it has convinced me that the 3000 is the one I want.

I liked playing the new action even better than the PX5S which I've been gigging with since it came out. The slightly shorter scale didn't bother me in the amount of time I played/demoed the new models at the show. And I found the action just a bit more responsive, due to the less bounce/slop in the key upon release/return.

Color me impressed!

Regards,

Jerry

- The PX-S3000 has different piano samples

Hi Mike do the core pianos of the PX-1000 ("Grand Piano Concert," "Bright," "Mellow," "Rock" and "Jazz") use different samples in the PX-S3000? Or are the samples the same for them, and there's more pianos?

For those of us who may want to just grab "a piano" for practice or casual jamming - is there a real difference in the pianos themselves for that kind of a situation?

Don't know if that makes much sense but I hope you can follow my train of thought :laugh:

Edit: I just noticed you were actually comparing the 3000 to the 350 but you can feel free to answer anyway :)

Talking about the PX-S3000. Will we have access to sound design parameters?

I have read that the knobs will have pairs of parameters like Cutoff and Resonance, or Low and High for eqs. But will we have access to the envelopes, lfos, modulation matrix? FX parameters like feedback, wet/dry, time rate for delays?

Maybe not directly editing on the board but using an app?

Casio PX-S3000, Elektron Analog Keys, Elektron Octatrack, Synthstrom Deluge, Eurorack 6U, Yamaha DXR10

Personal:

https://www.youtube.com/user/mcpepe2/

Band:

https://www.youtube.com/tentaclesband

Talking about the PX-S3000. Will we have access to sound design parameters?

I have read that the knobs will have pairs of parameters like Cutoff and Resonance, or Low and High for eqs. But will we have access to the envelopes, lfos, modulation matrix? FX parameters like feedback, wet/dry, time rate for delays?

Maybe not directly editing on the board but using an app?

Attack / Release can be assigned to knobs.

Insert Effects are fully editable.

I'm not 100% certain how much will be on the app but most parameters are available from the front panel.

-Mike Martin

Casio

Mike Martin Photography Instagram Facebook

The Big Picture Photography Forum on Music Player Network

The opinions I post here are my own and do not represent the company I work for.

Mikes presence and replies here are part of the reasons why I might get my first Casio.

This will very likely be my third, over the years. Im resisting the impulse to preorder, but will know five minutes after I lay my hands on one.

Unlike so many keyboards that set off my GAS, Im hopeful that this one will actually end up on the floor of one of my local big music stores.

Yamaha P515 & CK88, Pianoteq, Mainstage, iOS, assorted other stuff.

I was hoping to get myself a digital piano and PX-S series definitely ticks all the checkboxes, plus the country where i am in, Roland FP-30 is mighty over priced.

My question is for Mike. I wonder if you'd have any idea about these launching in India? I see that a lot of European and US stores have it listed for pre-order but not the Asian websites. So i am guessing it's rolling out step by step rather than a world wide release at once? I couldn't find any info from casio india either since nobody picks the calls or responds to any email. Sigh.. eagerly waiting on this one though.

My question is for Mike. I wonder if you'd have any idea about these launching in India? I see that a lot of European and US stores have it listed for pre-order but not the Asian websites. So i am guessing it's rolling out step by step rather than a world wide release at once?

I don't know. In some areas it is slightly delayed because of Bluetooth regulations. I know in Mexico the PX-S series won't be available until late June or so.

-Mike Martin

Casio

Mike Martin Photography Instagram Facebook

The Big Picture Photography Forum on Music Player Network

The opinions I post here are my own and do not represent the company I work for.

I don't know. In some areas it is slightly delayed because of Bluetooth regulations. I know in Mexico the PX-S series won't be available until late June or so.

Thank you for the response. I guess i will just wait it out. And i hope a PX-870 update with new key action is planned in future. That would be a killer digital upright for homes.

[video:youtube]

Find 660 of my jazz piano arrangements of standards for educational purposes and tutorials at www.Patreon.com/HarryLikas Harry was the Technical Editor of Mark Levine's "The Jazz Theory Book" and helped develop "The Jazz Piano Book."

PX-5S replacement. Remember the history. PX-5S was released a year after the PX-150 and PX-350.

I've been very patient since reading this a couple of months ago. Any hints or new information about a PX-5s Replacement?

Heh - that post was made less than two months ago, on January 25th. I don't think you're being patient enough. ;)

"I'm so crazy, I don't know this is impossible! Hoo hoo!" - Daffy Duck

"The good news is that once you start piano you never have to worry about getting laid again. More time to practice!" - MOI

PX-5S replacement. Remember the history. PX-5S was released a year after the PX-150 and PX-350.

I've been very patient since reading this a couple of months ago. Any hints or new information about a PX-5s Replacement?

Heh - that post was made less than two months ago, on January 25th. I don't think you're being patient enough. ;)

Yup. PX-S3000 announced in January, shipping in... April? So we have a ways to go before we get to a year from that... and even that is uncertain...

Maybe this is the best place for a shameless plug! Our now not-so-new new video at https://youtu.be/3ZRC3b4p4EI is a 40 minute adaptation of T. S. Eliot's "Prufrock" - check it out! And hopefully I'll have something new here this year. ;-)

When are these due to be released?

I was at GC in the Portland area and played the Roland FP 30.

The piano sample sounded pretty good through phones, but I did not care for the action. It seemed a bit loose for my taste.

Of everything in the 500 to 700 dollar range I thought that the FP30 had the best sound.

Very curious to see what Casio has come up with sound wise.

Mid to late April is what I was told by Kraft.

Find 660 of my jazz piano arrangements of standards for educational purposes and tutorials at www.Patreon.com/HarryLikas Harry was the Technical Editor of Mark Levine's "The Jazz Theory Book" and helped develop "The Jazz Piano Book."

I hear a lot of Dyno Rhodes and DX7 samples in the S3000 demo link below... does the S3000 have a Herbie Rhodes like this:

So far the only hint I've gotten that a herbie Rhodes exists in the S3000 was the the guy from EWF at NAMM. Casio sure is keeping it under wraps if there is a Herbie Rhodes in the S3000. I know the S1000 doesn't have one, it has a single Dyno type model.

My PX-360 has a Herbie Rhodes, so I am expecting the S3000 does too.

PX-S3000 sound samples

Number on the list: 22-26 + 37 acoustic pianos

Layer sounds 2+4 acoustic piano and strings

Possibly my imagination, but these piano patches sounded better - wider, more open and alive - in the various NAMM recordings than they do here. Again, could be an illusion.

Yamaha P515 & CK88, Pianoteq, Mainstage, iOS, assorted other stuff.