Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Casio Privia PX-S1000 ($600) and S3000 ($800)

But with other manufacturers I would never mind the logo at all! I know it's awful, but with Casio I would still be wary about even one person thinking about or mentioning to me the brand's long time (probably no longer valid) association with cheap, cheesy keyboards and sounds.

Rich Forman

Yamaha MOXF8, Korg Kronos 2-61, Roland Fantom X7, Ferrofish B4000+ organ module, Roland VR-09, EV ZLX12P, K&M Spider Pro stand,

Yamaha S80, Korg Trinity Plus

I would imagine these sorts of things only matter to keyboard players in the audience who are a little on her older side and thats a pretty small % of an audience depending on what sort of venues and styles you play. Regardless, a shiny black look is very nice coming from the white and blue PX-5S and Electric Blue PX-560. Especially for solo piano and combo gigs.

Yamaha CP88, Casio PX-560

Kind of like using plastic knives and forks vibe with that name, yes! I don't care really when I gig my PX5s..but I understand why people might... I went through it a bit when I 1st started gigging it... it passed quickly, I really enjoy that action. . .

But with other manufacturers I would never mind the logo at all! I know it's awful, but with Casio I would still be wary about even one person thinking about or mentioning to me the brand's long time (probably no longer valid) association with cheap, cheesy keyboards and sounds.

CP-50, YC 73,  FP-80, PX5-S, NE-5d61, Kurzweil SP6, XK-3, CX-3, Hammond XK-3, Yamaha YUX Upright, '66 B3/Leslie 145/122

Still wishing that Casio label wasnt so prominent.

Perhaps they should have made it like PX130 that just said Privia.

I am tempted to get the 1000 for $480 over the 3000 for $640 (20% email coupon from national retailer).

Does anyone think the 3000 is worth the extra difference. I did read about things such as different amp simulators etc,, but are there more acoustic and EP sounds.

I'm not sure I would use all of the extras and come to think of it might not want pitch bend wheels on a DP.

Actually, the CASIO logo is fine in my view. Not oversized - weve been looking at it for years, after all. Its the humongous Privia in that artsy font more suited to a decor magazine logo that annoys me.

Yeah I know, I need to relax.

Yamaha P515 & CK88, Pianoteq, Mainstage, iOS, assorted other stuff.

What's the keybed action like? PH4, RH3, or somewhere inbetween? Improvement over the other Casio models

[font:Arial Black]Rudi:[/font] You sort of hit it on the head, somewhere between Roland PHA4 and Korg RH3 :-) ;

I don't know about that... I played a CDP-S100 very briefly, and the action it reminded me most of was the previous main Casio action (PX560, PX5S, etc.). I'd say the new action feels more like their last one than it does a PHA4 or RH3. It may play differently with their new sensor system or whatever, but strictly physically, the feel seems similar to me (though I was not actually playing them side by side).

Maybe this is the best place for a shameless plug! Our now not-so-new new video at https://youtu.be/3ZRC3b4p4EI is a 40 minute adaptation of T. S. Eliot's "Prufrock" - check it out! And hopefully I'll have something new here this year. ;-)

Or even worse, cheap calculators.

Perhaps they should have made it like PX130 that just said Privia.

I am tempted to get the 1000 for $480 over the 3000 for $640 (20% email coupon from national retailer).

Does anyone think the 3000 is worth the extra difference. I did read about things such as different amp simulators etc,, but are there more acoustic and EP sounds.

I'm not sure I would use all of the extras and come to think of it might not want pitch bend wheels on a DP.

Sweet pricing. Would get a $480 PX-S1000 in a heartbeat.

(Also wishing it would just say Privia ...)

I doubt a national retailer is emailing a 20% coupon that would actually apply. Maybe in a few years when new models are released. Although Adam at Kraft is flexible.

Find 660 of my jazz piano arrangements of standards for educational purposes and tutorials at www.Patreon.com/HarryLikas Harry was the Technical Editor of Mark Levine's "The Jazz Theory Book" and helped develop "The Jazz Piano Book."

I doubt a national retailer is emailing a 20% coupon that would actually apply. Maybe in a few years when new models are released. Although Adam at Kraft is flexible.

-Correct- although the coupons never work online I simply call with the code and the retailers I use do honor it over the phone- worked for my ES8/Krome/P125 etc..

see page 2 of this thread , Dave played the Yammy and the Casio

Find 660 of my jazz piano arrangements of standards for educational purposes and tutorials at www.Patreon.com/HarryLikas Harry was the Technical Editor of Mark Levine's "The Jazz Theory Book" and helped develop "The Jazz Piano Book."

Did anyone play both the new Casios and Yamahas at NAMM that could offer some comparisons?
see page 2 of this thread , Dave played the Yammy and the Casio

Quick recap: He liked the Casio piano sound better than the Yamaha. He liked the Casio action better than the Yamaha 73 (no comment on the 88). He didn't compare the non-piano sounds.

Some major distinctions:

Casio:

* small size, lightweight 88

* battery power

* auto accompaniment

* speakers

* budget priced

Yamaha:

* hands-on interface

* 4-zone MIDI controller capabilities

* pro connectivity... 5-pin DIN MIDI jacks, internal power supply, balanced outs

* available in a lightweight 73

* will be updated with additional sounds

Maybe this is the best place for a shameless plug! Our now not-so-new new video at https://youtu.be/3ZRC3b4p4EI is a 40 minute adaptation of T. S. Eliot's "Prufrock" - check it out! And hopefully I'll have something new here this year. ;-)

Monster duo! I listened at .75 speed.

[video:youtube]

Some strings... in German. No hot playing.

[video:youtube]

I have just tried a new Casio CDP-S350 in a music store and I was very happy with it.

I liked very much the sounds and the touch for piano playing. Also the feeling of the keys was very good. I was only playing 15 mins with it. Acoustic and electric pianos (my main focus) worked very well, but I also liked the other sounds (synths, guitars,organs...). I also thought the 8W speakers were enough for small quiet restaurants.

In the specifications the CDP-S350 is very similar to the PX-S3000. They both have 700 sounds, 2 USB ports, built-in rythms, 8w speakers, same keyboard?

Anyone has more info comparing this 2 boards (sounds, effects, keyboard,...). I just want to know what can I expect from the more expensive PX-S3000.

Casio PX-S3000, Elektron Analog Keys, Elektron Octatrack, Synthstrom Deluge, Eurorack 6U, Yamaha DXR10

Personal:

https://www.youtube.com/user/mcpepe2/

Band:

https://www.youtube.com/tentaclesband

PX-S3000 has the more advanced "AiR" piano engine, more polyphony, assignable knobs, "88 key digital scaled simulation" which alters the response of the keys, touch sensor display. Maybe Mike Martin will chime in with other differences...?

The differences are significant, here is a quick list because I'm traveling.

- The PX-S3000 includes a patent-pending "smart scaling" feature that simulates the individual hammer and key behavior of each of the 88 keys individually.

- The PX-S3000 has different piano samples

- The new AiR engine in the PX-S3000 has damper resonance, string resonance, damper noise, key-on/off mechanical noises and more. The CDP-S350 doesn't have any of this technology.

- Effects system: The effects system in the PX-S3000 is completely different and has fully editable insert effects

- Realtime controls: Over the CDP-S350 the PX-S3000 adds two knobs and an assignable expression pedal input

The PX-S3000 also adds:

- 1/4" left right outputs

- Two headphone outputs

- USB Audio Recording and Playback

- High Resolution MIDI Velocity

- Bluetooth audio

- Significantly better speaker system

There is more but that is the list off the top of my head.

-Mike Martin

Casio

Mike Martin Photography Instagram Facebook

The Big Picture Photography Forum on Music Player Network

The opinions I post here are my own and do not represent the company I work for.

- Significantly better speaker system

I hadn't noticed that one, I thought they were the same, but yup, they're different... spec sheets says 13 cm x 7 cm for the CDP, 16 xm x 8 cm for the PX. (All are oval, 8 w/ch.) I know the PX150/160 were single full-range speakers vs. 2-way speakers in the higher models, is there any similar distinction here?

The speakers in the new Privia PX-S models are the best we've ever had in our pianos. It was a big concern given the overall smaller size of the products. Needless to say our team in Tokyo delivered - the speakers in the PX-S are great.

-Mike Martin

Casio

Mike Martin Photography Instagram Facebook

The Big Picture Photography Forum on Music Player Network

The opinions I post here are my own and do not represent the company I work for.

- The PX-S3000 has different piano samples

Hi Mike do the core pianos of the PX-1000 ("Grand Piano Concert," "Bright," "Mellow," "Rock" and "Jazz") use different samples in the PX-S3000? Or are the samples the same for them, and there's more pianos?

For those of us who may want to just grab "a piano" for practice or casual jamming - is there a real difference in the pianos themselves for that kind of a situation?

Don't know if that makes much sense but I hope you can follow my train of thought :laugh:

Edit: I just noticed you were actually comparing the 3000 to the 350 but you can feel free to answer anyway :)