Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Opinions on Bandhub or alternatives?

Hi,

I came across a reference to Bandhub in one of my Krome Facebook groups, so I decided to look into it. It was not a spam post. Looks like a lot of fun just for casual jamming/collaborating. I've also read a fair amount of negative stuff online about it. Anyone here used it or have any alternatives to recommend/words of advice? I know that at least two members do.

Thanks!

Yamaha: Motif XF8, MODX7, YS200, CVP-305, CLP-130, YPG-235, PSR-295, PSS-470 | Roland: Fantom 7, JV-1000

Kurzweil: PC3-76, PC4 (88) | Hammond: SK Pro 73 | Korg: Triton LE 76, N1R, X5DR | Emu: Proteus/1 | Casio: CT-370 | Novation: Launchkey 37 MK3 | Technics: WSA1R

Former: Emu Proformance Plus & Mo'Phatt, Korg Krome 61, Roland Fantom XR & JV-1010, Yamaha MX61, Behringer CAT

Assorted electric & acoustic guitars and electric basses | Roland TD-17 KVX | Alesis SamplePad Pro | Assorted organs, accordions, other instruments

• Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Bump? I just want to make sure that there aren't issues with hacking or it being a dangerous site.

Yamaha: Motif XF8, MODX7, YS200, CVP-305, CLP-130, YPG-235, PSR-295, PSS-470 | Roland: Fantom 7, JV-1000

Kurzweil: PC3-76, PC4 (88) | Hammond: SK Pro 73 | Korg: Triton LE 76, N1R, X5DR | Emu: Proteus/1 | Casio: CT-370 | Novation: Launchkey 37 MK3 | Technics: WSA1R

Former: Emu Proformance Plus & Mo'Phatt, Korg Krome 61, Roland Fantom XR & JV-1010, Yamaha MX61, Behringer CAT

Assorted electric & acoustic guitars and electric basses | Roland TD-17 KVX | Alesis SamplePad Pro | Assorted organs, accordions, other instruments

• 3 months later...

Well, I joined the site towards the end of November. No real issues.

Unfortunately, the team who has run the site has been forced to go all volunteer for the last year and laid off people etc under growing costs. So now they are changing the free membership to only include 10 collabs (Im at thirteen currently) and deleting anything older than three months. Paid version will now be raised majorly to $25/month, no annual option. Keep in mind were talking about mono Opus coded audio on a site that has a fair number of glitches etc. So Im leaving the site, especially with some looming employment issues on the horizon. It was a fun concept, but they dont have much of an option. For one the founding of the site some years ago literally took much of the life savings of the founders and private investors apparently.

Its too bad. So if anyone is on there, make sure you download your data before two weeks from today. Thats when everything starts.

Was it Korg Krome Users by chance that you're a member of? :)

Some of us Bandhubbers are attempting a homegrown alternative, organizing it on Facebook.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/816271198714040/

And if you're not a member of Korg Krome Users, come on by.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/KorgKromeUsers/

Nope, never heard of it. :D Yes, actually. I was curious all along whether you were the same person too. :) Thanks for the link to the new page. Looks interesting.

Heads up to anyone who is using Bandhub. Bandhub is shutting down permanently on March 15th due to their plan not working well enough. They have granted everyone Pro memberships until then so that users can download their recordings before the shutdown.

• 10 months later...