Music Player Network Home Guitar Player Magazine Keyboard Magazine Bass Player Magazine EQ Magazine
Topic Options
#2976035 - 02/15/19 10:04 PM FS: Best Service libs (Galaxy Pianos, Voyager Drums, Organ)
Mark Schmieder Offline
MP Hall of Fame Member

Loc: San Francisco Bay Area
I decided that it's simpler to offer the Best Service libraries in one listing, as they have a uniform policy of 25 euros license transfer fee, paid by the seller, which I would pad for the vagaries of currency exchange and various currency and PayPal fees.

Although the Galaxy Pianos can be bought as a suite new for $259 and are sold individually for $115, I bought the three separately during special sales, so I can only sell them separately, meaning three transfer fees vs. one for the set.

Galaxy II Steinway -- Model D70 (Hamburg) -- $40 on its own (including fees)
Galaxy II German Baby Grand -- Bluethner Model 150 (1929, Leipzig) -- $40
Galaxy II Vienna Grand -- Boesendorfer Imperial 290 -- $40 on its own

-- $100 for the three together; the fees that I pay to best Service are the same (75 euros), but I consolidate my margin of error in the exchange rate and PayPal cut.

The Galaxy II Pianos are Kontakt Player licenses, not requiring a Kontakt license.

Best Service Voyager Drums -- Yamaha Maple Custom, and Yamaha Recording Custom -- well-recorded, but I prefer to focus on just one workflow, which for me is now Toontrack Superior Drummer -- note that this is an ENGINE library, but ENGINE is free -- this goes for $100 new; I only ask the transfer fee plus a safety zone: $40

I have the full edition of Voyager, but it is marked as "Bdl." and on that same date a freebie sampler pack of all Best Service libs was registered. So there's a mild possibility that resale isn't allowed. More likely, the free sampler pack comes with it. Best Service is VERY responsive though, so once you know you want Voyager Drums, I can inquire to make sure its license can be transferred. It isn't in my Best Service order history so I think I bought it from Plug-in Deals vs. directly from Best Service.

Best Service Organum Venezia -- a French romantic organ that runs on the free ENGINE player -- I have the expensive VSL organ and it has so many stops that I rarely need another organ source anymore -- this sells for $90; I only ask the transfer fee plus a cushion for fees: $40

Complete Orchestra Collection -- from Peter Siedlaczek, and similar in quality and timbre to the Miroslav Philharmonik offered by IK Multimedia, this is a suite that includes String Essentials, Complete Classical Collection, and String Tools -- this goes for $189 new, so I'm asking a little bit for myself on this one: $60 (includes the 25 euros for the license transfer fee).

If you buy them all, I can pull down my cushion a bit more, as the PayPal fees do scale down a bit when combined.

Edited by Mark Schmieder (02/15/19 11:13 PM)

KC Island
#2982950 - 04/02/19 01:12 AM Re: FS: Best Service libs (Galaxy Pianos, Voyager Drums, Organ) [Re: Mark Schmieder]
Mark Schmieder Offline
MP Hall of Fame Member

Loc: San Francisco Bay Area
I forgot these hadn't sold yet, as I had buyers but they all ended up depleting their funds during vendor sales for other stuff.

Best Service is easy and quick to deal with fortunately. While considering the ones listed above, be aware that I may also not need my recently purchased Alpine Volksmusik library from Best Service. It has some unique content, but I'm not sure I'd use any of that stuff.