Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Fleetwood Guitar

Hi,

I have just purchased a second hand Fleetwood Guitar and was wondering whether anyone knew about this type of electro-acoustic guitar. If you know what year it may have been produced, RRP, etc. that would be really helpful as I have searched online and there is no information at all.

Here are some pictures:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v490/JackAnderson_800/fleet2.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v490/JackAnderson_800/fleet1.jpg

Thanks.

I looked all over and could only find a reference to a manual for a bass. Half of the links no longer exist.
Raise your children and spoil your grandchildren. Spoil your children and raise your grandchildren.

• 12 years later...

Hi, I know this is an old post, But I have a Fleetwood acoustic dreadnought! I bought it around 1995 for about AUD$650. It was sold at a small country music shop in NSW Australia and I have not seen the brand since. I don't know where it was made but the price suggests Asia. I have the catalogue which says most of their models have solid mahogany back/sides/neck and spruce top. The retailer sold lots of Yamaha and Samick. The Fleetwood wash pushed as a more upmarket version of Samick. They were all very "pretty" guitars, so I think they were trying to compete with brands like Takamine which was poplar at the time.

WELCOME ABOARD VERONICAL! Nice to have a new member from down under! Since you bought the Fleetwood back in '95 and still have it, I'll bet you like the guitar, even though there is not a lot of info out there (based on the comments posted back in '06). :cool:

ps. the picture in the OP reminds me of an Ovation...

Take care, Larryz

Well, I can't say for sure, but I'll bet she still HAS that Fleetwood because---

Not ONLY does she probably still LIKE it,

But-----

Maybe CAN'T AFFORD the amount of GAS some of you here seem to have! ;)

Whitefang

I started out with NOTHING...and I still have most of it left!

The body & sound hole look a lot like an Ovation, while the headstock looks like some of the early Applause models? It also looks like that's a synthetic back we're seeing through the sound hole?

I tried doing an end-run search, by looking for Ovation Knock-offs, and found a bunch of links and threads, none of which led back to Fleetwood, as yet. However, given that the Music shop where VeronicaL originally found it seems to carry a line of Asian-made Guitars, I wouldn't be surprised if this were some knock-off from an Asian distributor, maybe even a re-branded Applause?

"Monsters are real, and Ghosts are real too. They live inside us, and sometimes, they win." Stephen King

http://www.novparolo.com

https://thewinstonpsmithproject.bandcamp.com

• 4 years later...

I have a beautiful fleetwood cutaway electric acoustic guitar. 

Bought it at a second hand shop. Have no idea of the history but it's sounds fantastic and easy to play. 

No one I know has heard of it. It doesn't look cheap and doesn't play like a cheap guitar. 

• Like 1

• 3 months later...