Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Official NFL 2019-2020, 100th Season Thread

It's been a week since Super Bowl LIII, and it's time to start a new NFL football thread.

This year marks the NFL's 100th season, as kicked off by the Super Bowl commercial below:

[video:youtube]

Here are some top stories from the last week:

Miami Dolphins' Brian Flores hires Jim Caldwell as assistant head coach

Bengals take long-overdue risk with the hiring of Zac Taylor

Inside the next potential fight between Le'Veon Bell and the Steelers

Will Rob Gronkowski retire? Why the Patriots star's decision isn't easy

Best,

Geoff

My Blue Someday appears on Apple Music | Spotify | YouTube | Amazon

• Replies 232
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I get it. The rebooted Browns have never been contenders, and now they may finally have a shot; but this looks more like turning a blind eye than rehabilitation. Not good.

In other signing news:

Ravens to trade Joe Flacco to Broncos

Best,

Geoff

It isn't my intention fo make this thread political. But, I would reserve judgment on an individual's actions until criminal charges are filed, a conviction has been made and a punishment rendered.

As we have learned from several videos of crimes being committed, what we see doesn't tell the whole story nor does it prove guilt or innocence.

The court of public should not be the judge and jury when it comes to allegation minus charges being filed and prosecuted.

In football news...

Flacco to the Broncos could be great for them. Manning found new life out there.

I just hope the Skins do not end up with Case Keenum. :laugh::cool:

PD

"The greatest thing you'll ever learn, is just to love and be loved in return."--E. Ahbez "Nature Boy"

Antonio Brown?

Im thinking Beckham has it more together. Thats not much of an endorsement. Here I thought the days of TO and Ocho cinco were long gone. It will be interesting to see who trades for Mr. Big Chest for 20 something million a year. :hitt:

Its gonna be a tough FF draft too. Where will Brown and Leveon Bell be picked?

Looks like the Steelers are taking a page from the Patriots playbook.

Whenever a player gets too big for the Pats, he ends up on another team and no Super Bowl rings. :D

It will be interesting to see how both Bell and AB perform on a different team. :cool:

PD

"The greatest thing you'll ever learn, is just to love and be loved in return."--E. Ahbez "Nature Boy"

The partying hasn't stopped for the Patriots.

patriots-owner-bob-kraft-charged-with-soliciting

Right. I saw that flash across the TV screen as breaking news a little while ago.

When I heard Bob Kraft on XM radio hanging out with some comedians I knew that old guy still had some playa in him. :laugh::cool:

PD

• 3 weeks later...

The transactions have been moving fast and furious.

The Cleveland Browns could be a more exciting team to watch this season.

The Jags picking up Nick Foles is the only move I've seen where the whole team just got a whole lot better. :cool:

PD

After 10 seasons in Green Bay, Clay Matthews is no longer a Packer:

Ex-Packers LB Matthews to Rams on 2-year deal

I realize it's getting rare these days for people to play for just one team for their entire careers, but I was hoping Matthews would. That said, if he had to go anywhere, I'm glad it's to the Rams. Welcome home, Clay.

Best,

Geoff

As a Life-Long Steelers fan, it is most unfortunate that the only time the Steelers get any Press is when yet another unhappy player bails out of Pittsburgh.

Brown is a malcontent. A trouble maker that was a negative force on the team and the locker room. Brown had said that "he was the Franchise" and was not happy with Ben Rothlesburger. What we had in Pittsburgh was two Divas that wanted to be the main man. Judging by Ben not being popular enough with the team to win team MVP more than once, I'd guess that Ben calling out team mates on his radio show went over with the players like the Hindenburg in New Jersey. :facepalm:

Bell is a different case in that he wanted a Long Term deal and the Steelers were not going to give a player that will be 27 at the start of next season the contract Bell wanted and expected. So, Bell got a better deal from the Jets. I can't blame Bell for expecting to get paid and leaving when he did not get a deal from Pittsburgh.

All three of those players never learned there is no I in team and that is one of the reasons the Steelers did not play up to their potential.

Personally, I would like to see a different player behind center in Pittsburgh, even though it means losing more games. We're all sick of the drama on what should have been a good team but was not. Time to move on.

Yamaha Motif ES8, Alesis Ion, Prophet 5 Rev 3.2, 1979 Rhodes Mark 1 Suitcase 73 Piano, Arp Odyssey Md III, Roland R-70 Drum Machine, Digitech Vocalist Live Pro. Roland Boss Chorus Ensemble CE-1.