Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Cory Henry playing Stevie Wonder on the Harpejji

Cool. Like the Stevie as well.

I want one. Prob not going to make it to the top of the purchase list, but it looks to be close enough to piano logic that I could learn it. Sounds very expressive tonally.

Chris

Main gear: Yamaha C7, Kronos 2 88, Moog Sub 37, CK61,  Kurzweil PC2x, Pearl epro, Mac/Logic/AUs

Very nice. I wonder how hard it is to learn.

Here ya go... [video:youtube]

There are 4 of these. Watch all 4 and you'll be ready to try it! :cool:

Seeing musicians like Stevie Wonder and Cory Henry embracing this makes me think it could be one truly new instrument that will succeed. :2thu: If it wasn't so expensive it would definitely be on my short list of non-keyboard instruments I'd love to have. :love: Surely other manufacturers will eventually build cheaper imitations. Behringer, how about it? :laugh:

><>

Steve

I think that if I were retired and living somewhere rural and remote, this would be my long term project. What a great concept. It would of course help to have one tenth of the native talent of Stevie Wonder.

Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it is time to pause and reflect.

-Mark Twain

Don't really know anything about this instrument, but I saw this today and thought it was nicely done by Cory Henry.

This instrument was discussed somewhere I have been as I found this in my video files. It is a compilation of 25 harpeji players in 5 minutes. A variety of styles and shows the adaptability of the instrument to several genres. A very interesting device.

[video:youtube]

Don

"Yes, on occasion I do talk to myself, sometimes I need an expert's opinion."

Alesis DG8, ARP(Korg)Odyssey Mk.1, Roland JU-06 & Keystation61. Stratocaster if I get tired of sitting.

I've been intrigued enough by these things for long enough that I'm gonna stop in the factory shop and check them out when I'm in Baltimore next month. If it were just me it probably wouldn't be a remotely serious consideration. But between me playing keys and my wife playing basically "anything that has strings and isn't a guitar," there is a greater-than-zero possibility of this being the next big household purchase.

• 3 years later...

It's like a Hawaiian guitar hooked up with a surfboard and had a baby genius!

• Cool 1

RT-3/U-121/Leslie 21H and 760/Saltarelle Nuage/MOXF6/MIDIhub, 

SL-880/Nektar T4/Numa Cx2/Deepmind12/Virus TI 61/SL61 mk2

Stylophone R8/Behringer RD-8/Proteus 1/MP-7/Zynthian 4

MPC1k/JV1010/Unitor 8/Model D & 2600/WX-5&7/VL70m/DMP-18 Pedals

Natal drums/congas etc & misc bowed/plucked/blown instruments.