Music Player Network Home Guitar Player Magazine Keyboard Magazine Bass Player Magazine EQ Magazine
Topic Options
#2974953 - 02/10/19 01:21 PM Anyone know how to save Mini Vent remote settings.
CEB Offline
10k Club

I have the distance and drive back to where I want but I can't get it to save. For the momentary bypass I have a Boss FS-5u. I have both TRS and TS cables. It looks like for programming Bruce says you need TS. But for usage I have a TRS. My changes won't save. Hopefully I'm just doing something wrong.

Thanks

"A great musician can bring tears to your eyes!!!
So can a auto Mechanic." - Stokes Hunt

KC Island
#2975001 - 02/10/19 07:02 PM Re: Anyone know how to save Mini Vent remote settings. [Re: CEB]
CEB Offline
10k Club

Cool I got a hold of Bruce. I need to pop the back on the Mini and switch some DIP switches to put it into programming mode. Then do the setting changes. When done I have to put it back into performance mode.

#2975006 - 02/10/19 07:24 PM Re: Anyone know how to save Mini Vent remote settings. [Re: CEB]
davedoerfler Offline
KCFF League Champion 2017
MP Hall of Fame Member

Loc: the swamp
glad you got it worked out, Ed. Bruce very rarely has shown up here in the last few years.
Moe

#2975010 - 02/10/19 07:38 PM Re: Anyone know how to save Mini Vent remote settings. [Re: CEB]
Delaware Dave Offline
MP Hall of Fame Member

Loc: Take a guess ....
Originally Posted By: CEB
I have the distance and drive back to where I want but I can't get it to save. For the momentary bypass I have a Boss FS-5u. I have both TRS and TS cables. It looks like for programming Bruce says you need TS. But for usage I have a TRS. My changes won't save. Hopefully I'm just doing something wrong.

Thanks

I asked Guido Kirsch this very question last month and here was his response:

Hello Dave,
no, the Ventilator does not accept TRS jacks.

Best regards,
Guido Kirsch

#2975116 - 02/11/19 12:27 PM Re: Anyone know how to save Mini Vent remote settings. [Re: Delaware Dave]
CEB Offline
10k Club

I have a Mini with the Remote mod. The Bypass switch is removed and in its place a TRS Jack that receives the input from the remote switch. I'm not sure if the Remote Mod came from Neo or if Bruce at Ashby Solutions invented it. I have a custom cable from Bruce that comes out the 11 pin Leslie socket and ends in 1) a TS plug that goes in the audio
Input and a TRS plug that goes into the new jack on top. This way I can control the speed with the swell pedal kick switch or the on 3c deck controls or the half moon on the bottom tier when I use it. 11 pin cable requires incoming voltage on pin 11 to tell the 3c there is a Leslie cable active. This arcane setup dates back to when organs took B+ from the Leslie.

Cool setup but I've started having hum issues that I'm trying to get resolved.

The Lester K is less integrated and a little more clumsy to use but it sounds pretty good too.

Edited by CEB (02/11/19 12:35 PM)

#2975162 - 02/11/19 03:42 PM Re: Anyone know how to save Mini Vent remote settings. [Re: CEB]
davedoerfler Offline
KCFF League Champion 2017
MP Hall of Fame Member

Loc: the swamp
fairly certain it was Bruce Whaler
Moe

#2975163 - 02/11/19 03:44 PM Re: Anyone know how to save Mini Vent remote settings. [Re: davedoerfler]
CEB Offline
10k Club

Bruce is a genius.

Moderator:  Dave Bryce, Stephen Fortner