Music Player Network Home Guitar Player Magazine Keyboard Magazine Bass Player Magazine EQ Magazine
Topic Options
#2974861 - 02/09/19 08:14 PM GSI GEMINI editor not connecting with Google Chrome
Delaware Dave Offline
MP Hall of Fame Member

Loc: Take a guess ....
Not sure if anyone else is experiencing this issue so I thought I start its own subject.

I've been connecting to the Gemini via my Android-based pad and phone since I've had it (a couple of years). When the Venice Grand was released tonight I tried installing it. I connected with my pad to the Gemini via wireless and receive the typical connected message. When I tried connecting to 192.168.1.1 I received a 'host not responding, page isn't working' message. I tried a bunch of troubleshooting ideas but received the same message. I then tried with my phone that always works but got the same message. I then reset the WiFi on the back of the gemini but still received the same message. I then cleared everything on Google chrome, licenses, passwords, browsing history, cache, still got the same problem. I then fired up my work laptop that has chrome but has never been connected to the gemini, it connected like the pad and phone but I still could not get the 192.168.1.1 page to work, I received a page isn't working message. I figured something was broken in the Gemini. As a last resort I downloaded Firefox onto my phone. The Gemini editor came up. Still connected to the wifi I then retried with Google chrome and the page would not come up. Went back to Firefox and the page appeared. Chrome worked with the page a month ago but is not working for me now. I'm using Android based devices except for the laptop which is windows 10.

Is anyone else using chrome experiencing this issue? I'm on version 72.0.3626.96 and I believe it was updated on 2/6/19, three days ago. I'm concerned that if Firefox suddenly stops working I will have a non-updateable device. What other Android based browsers do you use to successfully get to the Gemini's web editor?

KC Island
#2974923 - 02/10/19 09:18 AM Re: GSI GEMINI editor not connecting with Google Chrome [Re: Delaware Dave]
bjosko Offline

Loc: Denmark
Just tried with my work phone that are an Android.
Same here, it would hook up to the Gemini network, but warned me that there was no internet, and it did not ask for a password, and therefore no connection to 192.168.1.1
Also dead connection between my Windows work PC, but that might bee because of my company security settings
All is working fine from my Ipad,Iphone or Mac

#2974930 - 02/10/19 10:36 AM Re: GSI GEMINI editor not connecting with Google Chrome [Re: bjosko]
ZioGuido Offline

This has nothing to do with the wifi connection, the password, the antenna, whatever... This is just yet another mishap with those funny Chromium people who sometimes make some very clumsy decisions.

I have found a workaround and will be releasing updates for all Crumar/GSi instruments as soon as possible. Meanwhile, please use a different browser.

#2974932 - 02/10/19 10:53 AM Re: GSI GEMINI editor not connecting with Google Chrome [Re: bjosko]
sosho Offline

Loc: germany
Confirmed . Chrome does not work anymore on my Androids . Unfortunately it autoupdated . Firefox still works ( which unfortunately will not fit on my very old phone )
edit: sorry, posted before refreshing the site

Edited by sosho (02/10/19 11:01 AM)

#2975034 - 02/11/19 01:24 AM Re: GSI GEMINI editor not connecting with Google Chrome [Re: sosho]
Garubi Offline

Loc: Italy
firmware ver 1.31 released.
It contains the fix to the Chrome connection problem.
available from the the download page at GSI website:
https://www.genuinesoundware.com/?a=showproduct&b=43#dl

#2975166 - 02/11/19 04:05 PM Re: GSI GEMINI editor not connecting with Google Chrome [Re: Garubi]
Delaware Dave Offline
MP Hall of Fame Member

Loc: Take a guess ....
Hmmm, Chrome just released a patch. I hope it doesn't break what Guido just fixed.

#2975383 - 02/12/19 01:41 PM Re: GSI GEMINI editor not connecting with Google Chrome [Re: Delaware Dave]
sosho Offline

Loc: germany
Did not update FW yet and chrome still does not connect after the update , so I am confident it stays like it was before

Moderator:  Dave Bryce, Stephen Fortner