Music Player Network Home Guitar Player Magazine Keyboard Magazine Bass Player Magazine EQ Magazine
Topic Options
#2974853 - 02/09/19 07:32 PM Inaugural AAF Football thread
S_Gould Offline
Platinum Member

Loc: Port Charlotte ,FL,UNITED STAT...
Is anyone aware of the Alliance of American Football league, who are broadcasting on CBS? I'm liking it, so far. Undrafted college players, people from the NFL who were cut, or didn't get much playing time. Rules designed to speed the play.

KC Island
#2974889 - 02/10/19 02:11 AM Re: Inaugural AAF Football thread [Re: S_Gould]
ashevillecabbie Offline
Gold Member

Loc: Asheville NC
So they've played some games already? Cool. What is different or new?

Not a big fan, but I spend a fair amount of time in the transportation staging lot at Asheville Regional with a number of other drivers and football is a hot topic with at least two of them--downright rabid fans, they are, and the recent super bowl did not thrill them.

I understand Orlando has a team? With Spurrier as coach? Man, if I were still in Florida that would be a more interesting team to me than the Bucs!

#2974910 - 02/10/19 07:22 AM Re: Inaugural AAF Football thread [Re: ashevillecabbie]
Joe Muscara Offline
Triple Secret Banninated
20k Club

Loc: Heaven, Hell, or Houston
There's lots of good into including a summary of the rules on Wikipedia. I like the idea of the changes they've made, though I haven't watched anything yet.

#2974964 - 02/10/19 02:39 PM Re: Inaugural AAF Football thread [Re: Joe Muscara]
Iconoclast Offline
Gold Member

Loc: Phoenix, Arizona
Inaugural Regular season starts today. There have already been some pre-season games.

No kickoffs, must go for 2 on the PAT, different OT rules and others.

Forte7, Nord Stage 3, XK3c, OB-6, Arturia Collection, Mainstage, MotionSound KBR3D. A bunch of MusicMan Guitars, Line6 stuff

#2974971 - 02/10/19 03:09 PM Re: Inaugural AAF Football thread [Re: Iconoclast]
Joe Muscara Offline
Triple Secret Banninated
20k Club

Their web site has live data where you can see the players on the field in an overhead graphic, including watching guys running on and off and stuff. What a trip!

https://aaf.com

#2975002 - 02/10/19 07:03 PM Re: Inaugural AAF Football thread [Re: Iconoclast]
Geoff Grace Offline
Senior Trade Show Overseer
10k Club

Originally Posted By: Iconoclast
No kickoffs, must go for 2 on the PAT, different OT rules and others.

So it looks like they're going even further to eliminate the foot from actually contacting the ball in this type of "football." freak

Nonetheless, I'm still a little interested, as football is my favorite sport. I imagine I'll eventually watch a little—once NFL withdrawal sets in.

Best,

Geoff

Craig Anderton's Archiving Article

#2975004 - 02/10/19 07:05 PM Re: Inaugural AAF Football thread [Re: Geoff Grace]
CEB Offline
10k Club

Hockey and college hoops time for me.

"A great musician can bring tears to your eyes!!!
So can a auto Mechanic." - Stokes Hunt

#2975011 - 02/10/19 07:47 PM Re: Inaugural AAF Football thread [Re: CEB]
CEB Offline
10k Club

Oooooo!

My son sent me this. A clean legal hit on the QB in this. If someone put a hit like this on Brady they would be banned for life. grin

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gySt_KwRnzI

"A great musician can bring tears to your eyes!!!
So can a auto Mechanic." - Stokes Hunt

#2975014 - 02/10/19 08:12 PM Re: Inaugural AAF Football thread [Re: CEB]
davedoerfler Offline
KCFF League Champion 2017
MP Hall of Fame Member

Loc: the swamp
Originally Posted By: CEB
If someone put a hit like this on Brady they would be banned for life. grin

so true shocked
Moe

#2975019 - 02/10/19 08:24 PM Re: Inaugural AAF Football thread [Re: davedoerfler]
J. Dan Offline
Bannination Free Since '08
10k Club

Loc: St. Louis, MO
What ever happened to the XFL? That seemed to have some promise at one point.

Acoustic/Electric stringed instruments ranging from 4 to 230 strings, hammered, picked, fingered, slapped, and plucked. Analog and Digital Electronic instruments, reeds, and throat/mouth.

#2975070 - 02/11/19 08:35 AM Re: Inaugural AAF Football thread [Re: J. Dan]
Joe Muscara Offline
Triple Secret Banninated
20k Club

Originally Posted By: J. Dan
What ever happened to the XFL? That seemed to have some promise at one point.
from the Wikipedia page on AAF -

Quote:
Filmmaker Charlie Ebersol was inspired to create the AAF in late 2016 after making the documentary This Was the XFL for ESPN Films' 30 for 30 series; upon researching and examining the history of the XFL, he came to the conclusion that the concept was viable but that the finished product was both poorly executed and, from an on-field standpoint, bad football. He began developing the AAF in December 2017, about the same time that word had come out about XFL co-founder Vince McMahon possibly reviving the old XFL brand.

#2975117 - 02/11/19 12:30 PM Re: Inaugural AAF Football thread [Re: Joe Muscara]
Josh Paxton Offline
MP Hall of Fame Member

As a non-fan of the sportsball, I had never heard of this until this post. So at first glance, I thought the subject was talking about a football thread that was, as the kids say, "Inaugural AF."

#2975128 - 02/11/19 01:05 PM Re: Inaugural AAF Football thread [Re: Josh Paxton]
Joe Muscara Offline
Triple Secret Banninated
20k Club

Originally Posted By: Josh Paxton
as the kids say, "Inaugural A All F."
Fixed it for ya. thu

Moderator:  Dave Bryce, Stephen Fortner