02/09/19 03:03 PM
02/09/19 03:03 PM
Near Phoenix Az
desertbluesman Offline OP
MP Hall of Fame Member
desertbluesman  Offline OP
MP Hall of Fame Member

Near Phoenix Az
I sure appreciate the friendships we have established here and on the other forum. I look foreword each day to see whats happening on our guitar oriented boards. Since we have been at it for a long time, we all have slowed down on our participation in these forums. But I will hang in there until there is no action whatsoever.

Thank you friends, for being part of this and the other forums I frequent.

dbm
If it sounds good, it is good !!
http://www.soundclick.com/bands/default.cfm?bandID=143231&content=music
Harvey Cedars is my stage name on Soundclick
GP Island
Re: I sure appreciate the friendships we have established here [Re: desertbluesman] #2974811
02/09/19 04:51 PM
02/09/19 04:51 PM
Virginia
DocPate Offline
Gold Member
DocPate  Offline
Gold Member

Virginia
Same here Dave. This is the one good thing I love about the internet. To be able to make friends across the nation and world is wonderful. There was a time in the not so distant past that you had to pay through the nose just to make a long distant call to another part of the state...let alone internationally.

Re: I sure appreciate the friendships we have established here [Re: DocPate] #2974833
02/09/19 09:23 PM
02/09/19 09:23 PM
no longer lexington, Kenfunky,...
D
d / halfnote Offline
MP Hall of Fame Member
d / halfnote  Offline
MP Hall of Fame Member
D

So, like, what other forums ?

d=halfnote
Re: I sure appreciate the friendships we have established here [Re: d / halfnote] #2974836
02/09/19 09:48 PM
02/09/19 09:48 PM
Northern California
Larryz Offline
10k Club
Larryz  Offline
10k Club

Northern California
I only visit and post on this forum and the other forum we set up in case this one folds again someday. I truly appreciate all of the cyber friends we have on both forums. I too look forward every day to a cup of coffee in the morning and conversing with all of you. I check in at different times of the day when I have time. We have some great guys and gals out here! I have never been on facebook and have no desire to leave these old fashioned forums anytime soon... cool

Take care, Larryz
Re: I sure appreciate the friendships we have established here [Re: Larryz] #2974838
02/09/19 10:03 PM
02/09/19 10:03 PM
D
d / halfnote Offline
MP Hall of Fame Member
d / halfnote  Offline
MP Hall of Fame Member
D

Originally Posted By: Larryz
I have never been on facebook and have no desire to leave these old fashioned forums anytime soon...

FBook has a long history of avaricious acts against users that far predates it's recent notoriety
The big one for me is that they claim (C) of anything posted there freak rolleyes ...but even I go there sometimes.
It's too universal too totally avoid.

Guess no one's gonna hip me to the Secret Meeting Site, so I'll just have to keep
CB's Hip Shop
N my Hip Pocket.

d=halfnote
Re: I sure appreciate the friendships we have established here [Re: d / halfnote] #2974846
02/09/19 11:57 PM
02/09/19 11:57 PM
Near Phoenix Az
desertbluesman Offline OP
MP Hall of Fame Member
desertbluesman  Offline OP
MP Hall of Fame Member

Near Phoenix Az
Originally Posted By: d
So, like, what other forums ?

I go to several. One descended from the Line 6 forums called the Bert Cave, no one can get in there if you are not a member however no one posts much over there. I also go to Guitar Logic which descended from the Digitech Forums there is absolutely no activity there anymore. I go to The Gear Page https://www.thegearpage.net/board/index.php I also go to the Fender Forums https://forums.fender.com/viewforum.php?f=13. I also spend a bit of time on Facebook.

dbm
If it sounds good, it is good !!
http://www.soundclick.com/bands/default.cfm?bandID=143231&content=music
Harvey Cedars is my stage name on Soundclick
Re: I sure appreciate the friendships we have established here [Re: d / halfnote] #2974874
02/10/19 03:07 AM
02/10/19 03:07 AM
Northern California
Larryz Offline
10k Club
Larryz  Offline
10k Club

Northern California
Originally Posted By: d
Originally Posted By: Larryz
I have never been on facebook and have no desire to leave these old fashioned forums anytime soon...

FBook has a long history of avaricious acts against users that far predates it's recent notoriety
The big one for me is that they claim (C) of anything posted there freak rolleyes ...but even I go there sometimes.
It's too universal too totally avoid.

Guess no one's gonna hip me to the Secret Meeting Site, so I'll just have to keep
CB's Hip Shop
N my Hip Pocket.

There is another forum about 4 of us go to that we set up in case this one ever goes down (like it almost did a couple of times). It looks as though this one is here to stay so the other one is on hold. I know of friends unfriended on facebook and family feuds and with family members at each others throat. Plus I hear they sell your info so you get tons of spam and other unwanted crap. It doesn't interest me so I steer clear. cool

Take care, Larryz
Re: I sure appreciate the friendships we have established here [Re: Larryz] #2974895
02/10/19 09:26 AM
02/10/19 09:26 AM
Lincoln Park, MI, UNITED STATE...
whitefang Offline
10k Club
whitefang  Offline
10k Club

Lincoln Park, MI, UNITED STATE...
I actually, due to being hypoglycemic which makes it difficult to impossible to go back to sleep once awakened, got into the habit of coming in here and my other two or three forums every morning for about two hours or so before getting started on the care of my wife. Now she's gone, I still habitually arise God-awful early and spend the same two hours or so before going about my days, and if a "lag" in activity comes up I'll return to this and another forum for a bit. There's things I discuss here( and in another forum) that nobody I know personally ever bothers discussing. At least nobody I come in contact with on a daily basis. wink And these online forums( message boards, etc.) DO, IMHO, beat HELL out of those dweebish, TMI FACEBOOK pages! B-|

As for other forums, Well, only two others are music places with OT rooms( like the one I frequent in the EPIPHONE forum) and I also spend time at the TCM( Turner Classic Movies) forums discussing various films from also various time periods. ANOTHER "passion" of mine. wink And it too, has the same "rules" of conduct that most other forums do. Except they have an "Off-Topic Chir-Chat" room where now it's all taken up with ridiculously uncivil political discussions. I spend VERY limited time there, unless to post(and try to start) another "off-topic" thread NOT about anything political.
Whitefang

I started out with NOTHING...and I still have most of it left!
Re: I sure appreciate the friendships we have established here [Re: whitefang] #2975007
02/11/19 12:26 AM
02/11/19 12:26 AM
D
d / halfnote Offline
MP Hall of Fame Member
d / halfnote  Offline
MP Hall of Fame Member
D

Well, our own Captain of Steerage CB prolly won't mention one great site for fear of self-promotion but hint, hint.

If anyone wanted to chk the actual best overall forum for the widest range of musos on the web, go where The Other Craig (Anderton) took his ship when he bailed here.

Too bad, however, that we no longer have our, uh, sweat lodge. facepalm

d=halfnote

Moderated by  A String, Bluesape, myles_rose