Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Any good stand ideas for a Yamaha Reface CP (with NE5)

• Replies 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Try a narrower setup on your stand. I run my 18880 at 18 wide (no crossbar) with my NS3-88 HA and its very solid. Same when I add the second tier for my Juno-DS61.

Nord Stage 3 HA88, Nord Stage 3 Compact, Casio CT-S1, Radial Key Largo, Westone AM Pro 30, Rolls PM55P, K&M 18880 + 18881, Bose S1 Pro, JBL 305p MKII, Zoom Q2n-4K

I have the 18880-18881 combination. Not using the crossbar at all makes it a tiny bit wobbly, although I never had a collapse; but you CAN drill extra intermediate points in the crossbar, and fasten it down with a narrower overall setting.

When I use the 18880 by itself, I usually don't use the crossbar. Since I now have an iRig Pro 37 key controller, it definitely needs to be narrowed up for that.

Howard Grand|Hamm SK1-73|Kurz PC2|PC2X|PC3|PC3X|PC361; QSC K10's

HP DAW|Epi Les Paul & LP 5-str bass|iPad mini2

"Now faith is the substance of things hoped for, the evidence of things not seen."

Jim

Try a narrower setup on your stand. I run my 18880 at 18 wide (no crossbar) with my NS3-88 HA and its very solid. Same when I add the second tier for my Juno-DS61.

I don't have to use the crossbar?

No, the crossbar isnt mandatory. From my research before buying, it appears that many people dont use it. I never had one. Setting up narrower lessens any side-to-side sway.

If helpful, heres a link to the review I posted this morning on the Nord forum about using the 18880 at last nights gig:

https://www.norduserforum.com/accessories-and-amplification-f8/k-m-keyboard-stand-t14350.html#p113464

Nord Stage 3 HA88, Nord Stage 3 Compact, Casio CT-S1, Radial Key Largo, Westone AM Pro 30, Rolls PM55P, K&M 18880 + 18881, Bose S1 Pro, JBL 305p MKII, Zoom Q2n-4K

• 4 years later...
3 hours ago, Coastkeys said:

Buy a ROCKBAND keyboard stand online $15-25. Perfect for all reface models. This is the stand Yamaha uses at NAMM to show the Reface line.

yup! That's what i use. Buy 4 wingnut bolts from amazon and you can even fold them up.

spacer.png