Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Post your old or new band photos!

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Nice pics and retrospective Mr. Evett! You've kept it going throughout the years... in retrospect I wish I could say the same!

:):thu: And somehow the live 'thing' keeps limping along; though I now wish I'd taken the advice of a fellow player (many years back a very successful studio cat, when there was a commercial jingle scene in this region) to 'get into writing' versus 'beating one's brains out' in the bars. :laugh:

'Someday, we'll look back on these days and laugh; likely a maniacal laugh from our padded cells, but a laugh nonetheless' - Mr. Boffo.

We need a barfing cat emoticon!

Zombie thread alert! Some pseudo keytar action circa 1981. I think the Liberation existed at this time, but I just decided to screw some bolts on the sides of this Micromoog and go for it. This is at an outdoor park gig about 45 min north of L.A. The good old days, back when those Japanese kimono type gig clothes were happening..haha

prowler-oak-grove-park-1981.jpg

Where are the groupies that were in your promo pic on the first post in this thread? :laugh:

Where are the groupies that were in your promo pic on the first post in this thread? :laugh:

I had to crop them out to keep me from getting banninated.

Can you crop the band and keep the groupies? Lol

Dan

Acoustic/Electric stringed instruments ranging from 4 to 230 strings, hammered, picked, fingered, slapped, and plucked. Analog and Digital Electronic instruments, reeds, and throat/mouth.

• 1 month later...

Circa 1980, Micromoog stacked on Polymoog. Looks like I created some kind of blocks to raise the board up to standing height. I think I had a MusicMan stack for an amp? This was taken at some kind of festival near Ojai, about an hour north of L.A.

surge-1980-v2.jpg

Some music I've recorded and played over the years with a few different bands

Tommy Rude Soundcloud

http://fabulousthunderbirds.com/assets/Live-20-tagged.png
You're in a band????

:poke:;)

"I'm so crazy, I don't know this is impossible! Hoo hoo!" - Daffy Duck

"The good news is that once you start piano you never have to worry about getting laid again. More time to practice!" - MOI

Dear god - how tall is the dude in the middle?!!?!?!

The photo is a little misleading because he's standing closer. Also, I'm photoshopped in because I joined after the pictures were shot. But he IS tall! I would guess around 6'5" or so, maybe taller.

Dan

Acoustic/Electric stringed instruments ranging from 4 to 230 strings, hammered, picked, fingered, slapped, and plucked. Analog and Digital Electronic instruments, reeds, and throat/mouth.

The Progressive Metal band:

Band_Elze.jpg

Dear god - how tall is the dude in the middle?!!?!?!

That tall dude looks bad azzz. I bet there's not many idiots willing to mess with your band with him on stage.

Gigs: Nord 5D 73, Kurz PC4-7 & SP4-7, Hammond SK1, Yamaha MX88 & P121, Numa Compact 2x, Casio CGP700, QSC K12, Yamaha DBR10, JBL515xt(2). Alto TS310(2)

That tall dude looks bad azzz. I bet there's not many idiots willing to mess with your band with him on stage.

Actually he's pretty docile - a really nice guy! I've never known him to be a fighter or anything. But he DOES know how to look the part!

Dan

Your drummer hasn't aged a bit since the first picture.

Dan

Your drummer hasn't aged a bit since the first picture.

Heh. He's the son of the guitar player in the center. 20 years old, first performed with this very band when he was 4, also sings lead, plays percussion, accordion, harmonica, and sax. He's our resident heart throb that gets all the old ladies hot and bothered every time he plays a sax solo. I'm not even kidding.

Moe

---