Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Kurzweil Forte 4.0 !!!!!

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey A.C. do you realize your handle has a startling similarity to an old musical term used in notation for centuries, What an amazing coincidence.

Coincidence? Methinks not. ;)

Did you think I was that unawake? I am from the deadpan school of the ridiculous... but no one gets it. Is it my fault, or is the whole world not hip? Emoticon free, expression.

Back East this sax player front man used to tell jokes - and he would say too hip for the room, over the mic.

You don't have ideas, ideas have you

We see the world, not as it is, but as we are. "One mans food is another mans poison". I defend your right to speak hate. Tolerance to a point, not agreement

Did you think I was that unawake? I am from the deadpan school of the ridiculous... but no one gets it. Is it my fault, or is the whole world not hip? Emoticon free, expression.

No, John, I knew you got it. That is why I used a "wink emoji". Deadpan works in verbal expression, not always as much in the written form, which is why we have emoticons, but you already knew that also.

:nopity:

Thank you... and by "great action" does that mean light, light like a new Nord Stage I played recently?

I think they are close. The Kurzweil Forte 7 uses a Fatar TP/40L and I believe the Nord Stage HA (not HP) in the 88 is still a TP/40M, so they are very close.

Yamaha U1 Upright, Roland Fantom 8, Nord Stage 4 HA73, Nord Wave 2, Korg Nautilus 73, Viscount Legend Live, Lots of Mainstage/VST Libraries

The second-worst thing to me about the Forte is that it's expensive. The first-worst thing is that it's clearly worth the price.

I think I'll (somehow) start a viral meme of "Kronos is much better than Forte." Then, people will trade in their Forte's at GC for Kronoses, or just sell 'em on CL. Then, I can swoop in and buy a used Forte 7 that I can afford.

-Tom Williams

{First Name} {at} AirNetworking {dot} com

PC4-7, PX-5S, AX-Edge, PC361

This is great! Turns the Forte into a ModX for the price of a Montage.

Wake me up when the Montage has a VA, B3 clone, twice its current user flash, a 16-part sequencer, and a programming environment 1/4 as powerful as VAST.

Busch.

what Busch said + 20lbs lighter!

"I have constantly tried to deliver only products which withstand the closest scrutiny � products which prove themselves superior in every respect.�

Robert Bosch, 1919

Thank you... and by "great action" does that mean light, light like a new Nord Stage I played recently?

I think they are close. The Kurzweil Forte 7 uses a Fatar TP/40L and I believe the Nord Stage HA (not HP) in the 88 is still a TP/40M, so they are very close.

I have a Nord Stage HA (Classic) and have played the Forte. I do like my Nord action, and the Forte is a bit lighter still. Dave Weiser posted a while back that Kurzweil chose the TP40L as it gives a piano-like experience, while being light enough to tacke orchestral parts - ideal for theatre pit work.

Wake me up when the Montage has a VA, B3 clone, twice its current user flash, a 16-part sequencer, and a programming environment 1/4 as powerful as VAST.

Busch.

And available in 70something key size.

My current rig is a Nord Stage 2 73SW over a controller - I think I've posted before that if I was building my rig again now, I might well start with a Forte 7 and add a synth-action controller upstairs. The 41lb weight is a bit of a concern, I can just about manage the 36lb of my Nord 76 Classic (used as a controller only) but wouldn't really want any more than that.

Cheers, Mike.

Busch.

And available in 70something key size.

My current rig is a Nord Stage 2 73SW over a controller - I think I've posted before that if I was building my rig again now, I might well start with a Forte 7 and add a synth-action controller upstairs. The 41lb weight is a bit of a concern, I can just about manage the 36lb of my Nord 76 Classic (used as a controller only) but wouldn't really want any more than that.

Cheers, Mike.

Mike, the compact form factor makes it easily manegable to lift in and out of a case and up to a stand! Its actually easier to hande than a Korg SV1!

"I have constantly tried to deliver only products which withstand the closest scrutiny � products which prove themselves superior in every respect.�

Robert Bosch, 1919

Then, I can swoop in and buy a used Forte 7 that I can afford.

I just found a used Forte 88 for $2099. My church purchased it and we now have two. :keynana:

There's nothing else like a Forte and well worth the price either way (new or used).

Kurzweil Forte, Yamaha Motif ES7, Muse Receptor 2 Pro Max, Neo Ventilator

I'm really anxious to get back into working with the Forte especially given this update.

I just purchased your VKC.

Have you put any thought into a different character acoustic piano? I'd pay a lot for a good Bosendorfer or Fazioli sample set and even give up almost all of my Forte's user memory.

I've purchased a couple of acoustic pianos, but they aren't well done.

What a great instrument.

It is.

DigitalFakeBook Free chord/lyric display software for windows.

I'd pay a lot for a good Bosendorfer or Fazioli sample set and even give up almost all of my Forte's user memory.

I have the Nord Italian Grand Fazioli loaded in my Forte. I'm not sure if it was re-sampled or converted somehow.

Yamaha U1 Upright, Roland Fantom 8, Nord Stage 4 HA73, Nord Wave 2, Korg Nautilus 73, Viscount Legend Live, Lots of Mainstage/VST Libraries

Interesting. How did you get the Nord Fazioli into the Forte if you didn't resample or convert it?

I loaded a file that someone sent me, but I was not the one who did the re-sampling/conversion.

File conversions are possible if you want to load Nord samples, Scarbee samples, etc. into Flash memory on the Forte but it's not something I actually know how to do personally.

My interest in the Forte recently peaked.

Just wondering, about the sound quallity of the Kurzweil..

And while the sample memmory promisses a lot..

The VAST engine its VA part as well as the VBK3 seem ancient ..

Altough i dont know how much they updated these and the dsp effects over time?

How would you characterise the Kurzweil sound?

Programming riffs and arps and sequencing used to be a pain in the short time i owned a pc3x, has this imporved with the new interface?

Whats left of the orriginal stage piano? Seems to have turned into a fullfledged workstation? How easy is it to sit down, quickly layer 3 sounds and play away, as one would expect on a stage piano?

Yeah,- and bring back the ribbon controller- and BC- connectors as well please.

A.C.

Yeah, I would miss the ribbon :(

What year is this??? How long have I been away from the forum?

Ian Benhamou

Keyboards/Guitar/Vocals

[url:https://www.facebook.com/OfficialTheMusicalBox/]The Musical Box[/url]

think of another synth manufacturer that has released a v4 of *anything*

Nord (piano) - but many of the increments are marginal, rather than dramatic.

Regards, Mike

Motif series comes to mind (Motif Classic, Motif ES, Motif XS, Motif XF).

Yamaha: Motif XF8, MODX7, YS200, CVP-305, CLP-130, YPG-235, PSR-295, PSS-470 | Roland: Fantom 7, JV-1000

Kurzweil: PC3-76, PC4 (88) | Hammond: SK Pro 73 | Korg: Triton LE 76, N1R, X5DR | Emu: Proteus/1 | Casio: CT-370 | Novation: Launchkey 37 MK3 | Technics: WSA1R

Former: Emu Proformance Plus & Mo'Phatt, Korg Krome 61, Roland Fantom XR & JV-1010, Yamaha MX61, Behringer CAT

Assorted electric & acoustic guitars and electric basses | Roland TD-17 KVX | Alesis SamplePad Pro | Assorted organs, accordions, other instruments