Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 13 of 16 1 2 11 12 13 14 15 16
M
10k Club
10k Club
M
Suicide is nothing to joke about. Please delete your post.

Eugenio Upright, 60th P-Bass, Geddy Lee J-Bass, Hofner HCT-500/7, Yamaha BBP35, Viking Bari
Select Strat, Select Tele, Am Pro JM, LP 57 Gold, G5422DC-12, T486, ES295, PM2, EXL1
XK1c, Voyager, Prophet XL
Keyboard Corner Island
MPN Advisory Board
10k Club
OP Offline
MPN Advisory Board
10k Club
Speakers without speaker cones:

Best,

Geoff

My Blue Someday appears on Apple Music | Spotify | YouTube | Amazon
MP Hall of Fame Member
MP Hall of Fame Member
Originally Posted By: Mark Schmieder
Ultimate Support have been true innovators for some time now. This product is a surprise, but it makes sense that Ultimate would be looking to fill a much-needed void.

I like the redesigned Apex with the ability to have angled tiers. AND....the new pedal board that fit over the redesigned legs.

The main thing I like is that the new super clamps and tri-bars are still compatible with all the iterations.

He mentioned showed the original at NAMM 1986. I bought and still have my original Apex in 1987. It just works.
I also have the AX-40 and have used the 30 year old clamps on it to add a third tier.

David
Gig Rig: MODX 8| Yamaha YC61 | Arturia MiniLab | Arturia V-Collection 8

M
10k Club
10k Club
M
Thanks for the info; I stopped the video right before the end so missed the clamp and tri-bar compatibility bit. I had been debating selling my Apex stand, but perhaps I could get it to work with the Moog Voyager using the newer attachments.

Eugenio Upright, 60th P-Bass, Geddy Lee J-Bass, Hofner HCT-500/7, Yamaha BBP35, Viking Bari
Select Strat, Select Tele, Am Pro JM, LP 57 Gold, G5422DC-12, T486, ES295, PM2, EXL1
R
R
Originally Posted By: Throbert
How many posts over a word, Unlimited. If not go jump off a building or something.

Demonstrate it so that I know how itís done.

MPN Advisory Board
10k Club
MPN Advisory Board
10k Club
c'mon guys, stop this now.

"Fuck your mics, fuck your outboard gear, fuck your DAW, fuck your interface, fuck your software, and absolutely and completely fuck every single one of your instruments including that vintage keyboard you saved for a year to get -- they are all worse than useless if you can't accurately hear what they're doing. Your ears will lie to you without mercy if they are fed bad information. Spend the damn money!"
Dr. Mike Metlay on Studio Reference Monitors
MPN Advisory Board
10k Club
MPN Advisory Board
10k Club
Originally Posted By: EscapeRocks
I like the redesigned Apex with the ability to have angled tiers. AND....the new pedal board that fit over the redesigned legs.

does look nice and the price is right. Was my favorite stand in the late 1980's, until I was smitten with Invisible.

"Fuck your mics, fuck your outboard gear, fuck your DAW, fuck your interface, fuck your software, and absolutely and completely fuck every single one of your instruments including that vintage keyboard you saved for a year to get -- they are all worse than useless if you can't accurately hear what they're doing. Your ears will lie to you without mercy if they are fed bad information. Spend the damn money!"
Dr. Mike Metlay on Studio Reference Monitors
MPN Advisory Board
10k Club
OP Offline
MPN Advisory Board
10k Club
Now shipping:

Best,

Geoff

10k Club
10k Club
Originally Posted By: Geoff Grace
Now shipping:

Best,

Geoff

Thanks Geoff! This was the one I was most excited about, but have confirmed that locally we won't have access to it until April at earliest. And the pricing I was quoted was way out of the ballpark but hoping they got the currency conversion wrong wink

MPN Advisory Board
10k Club
OP Offline
MPN Advisory Board
10k Club
I hope so too, David.

Best,

Geoff

M
10k Club
10k Club
M
The Radial rack should help out a lot of people, and is very different from any line mixers out there as that isn't quite what it is anyway.

Usually they post a user manual at their site fairly early, showing suggestions for routings and use cases. It wouldn't surprise me if this unit has some practical applications in the studio as well as live.

Gold Member
Gold Member
Originally Posted By: Geoff Grace
Ultimate Support offers new modular desktop stands and a remodel of their Apex stand:

I hate the Apex stands like most of you hate X stands. Maybe more.

Yamaha P515, Yamaha KX88, Edirol PCR-800 (2), Korg microKey 61 Air, Pianoteq, Mainstage, iOS, assorted other controllers and retired boards.
10k Club
10k Club
The Radial rack should help out a lot of people, and is very different from any line mixers out there as that isn't quite what it is anyway.

Usually they post a user manual at their site fairly early, showing suggestions for routings and use cases. It wouldn't surprise me if this unit has some practical applications in the studio as well as live.

Indeed though I'm uneducated enough to wonder how it's a lot better than the PreSonus gear. With them announcing the USB-C option now I can't see where the extra cost is in the KL-8 although the components may be better?

Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Originally Posted By: Bobby Simons
I hate the Apex stands like most of you hate X stands. Maybe more.
I soured on them some years back, after I lost the special inside-threaded bolt that held the Deltex together -- and U.S. told me that there were no spare parts, nor would they give me specs to try and get a new one machined.

That said, a 10 degree tilting shelf and a place for pedals is very attractive. I look forward to being a trailblazer follower, as soon as someone else tells me how the upper shelf can tilt down without the keyboard falling off.

-Tom Williams
<First name><At>AirNetworking<dot>com
PC361, PX-5S, AX-Edge
CEB Offline
10k Club
10k Club
I liked the really big Apex stand that came in various eye catching colors. I thought about trying to find one for the Pop gig. But they had been recently discontinued and had risen quite a bit in price and were big and heavier than heck I guess. But I thought it would have had a nice stage presentation.

Last edited by CEB; 01/27/19 12:10 AM.

"It doesn't have to be difficult to be cool" - Mitch Towne

"A great musician can bring tears to your eyes!!!
So can a auto Mechanic." - Stokes Hunt
K
K
Originally Posted By: CEB
I liked the really big Apex stand that came in various eye catching colors. I thought about trying to find one for the Pop gig. But they had been recently discontinued and had risen quite a bit in price and were big and heavier than heck I guess. But I thought it would have had a nice stage presentation.

That's the AX-90. I have one in the hard to find Red color. I bought it new for $599.00. What are these worth now? It's is a really cool stand and I get so many compliments on it. Only bring it on top gigs.

I didn't look at every page here, but just found this. Hopefully not a repost. A synthesizer that uses motors as oscillators.

Last edited by delmar; 01/27/19 02:03 AM.
MP Hall of Fame Member
MP Hall of Fame Member
Originally Posted By: CEB
Gibson is bringing back real Les Paul Juniors.

Or you can buy an original for $13,000.

Quick OT: bandmate around 1983 had a Ď57 Les Paul Jr. that was in the equipment truck from Atlanta to a club called The Treasure Ship in Panama City Beach, FL. It was August and probably 110 degrees in the truck (and you already know where Iím going with this). We get there, load into the club, which they kept at a nice brisk 68 degrees. An hour afterward he opens his case and...snapped neck. He glued it back together but it was never the same.

The fact there's a Highway To Hell and only a Stairway To Heaven says a lot about anticipated traffic numbers

People only say "It's a free country" when they're doing something shitty-Demetri Martin
MP Hall of Fame Member
MP Hall of Fame Member
Thanks for the info; I stopped the video right before the end so missed the clamp and tri-bar compatibility bit. I had been debating selling my Apex stand, but perhaps I could get it to work with the Moog Voyager using the newer attachments.

I may be wrong but I thought he was saying the new Apex will accept old clamps/tribars. I didnít hear him say the new clamps will work on old Apex. If not itís perfectly understandable. People would just buy new clamps and save some money.

The fact there's a Highway To Hell and only a Stairway To Heaven says a lot about anticipated traffic numbers

People only say "It's a free country" when they're doing something shitty-Demetri Martin
MP Hall of Fame Member
MP Hall of Fame Member
Originally Posted By: Synthaholic

I may be wrong but I thought he was saying the new Apex will accept old clamps/tribars. I didnít hear him say the new clamps will work on old Apex. If not itís perfectly understandable. People would just buy new clamps and save some money.

I was basing it on he said you could use a clamp from your current Apex on the new one to add a third tier. That would indicate that the main part has the same groove for clamp attaching if the old can fit the new.

David

S
S
Originally Posted By: EscapeRocks

I was basing it on he said you could use a clamp from your current Apex on the new one to add a third tier. That would indicate that the main part has the same groove for clamp attaching if the old can fit the new.

Am I missing something? What's to keep a keyboard from falling off when the arms are angled? There's nothing that see that would stop a keyboard from sliding off.

Last edited by sherry; 01/27/19 10:59 AM.
MP Hall of Fame Member
MP Hall of Fame Member
I talked to one of the reps at the USS booth and he said the new clamps are not compatible with the old columns.

Price will remain the same, $199.

MPN Advisory Board
10k Club
OP Offline
MPN Advisory Board
10k Club

Best,

Geoff

MPN Advisory Board
10k Club
OP Offline
MPN Advisory Board
10k Club

Best,

Geoff

MPN Advisory Board
10k Club
OP Offline
MPN Advisory Board
10k Club
Originally Posted By: delmar
I didn't look at every page here, but just found this. Hopefully not a repost. A synthesizer that uses motors as oscillators.

Here's another look:

Best,

Geoff

MP Hall of Fame Member
MP Hall of Fame Member
Originally Posted By: zephonic
I talked to one of the reps at the USS booth and he said the new clamps are not compatible with the old columns.

Thatís what I figured, and it just makes sense. Thanks.

MP Hall of Fame Member
MP Hall of Fame Member
Originally Posted By: zephonic

Thatís what I figured, and it just makes sense. Thanks.

Yep, I watched the video wrong. The old clamps will work on the new one, not the other way around. (The original APEX and current AX-40 clamps are interchangeable)

Looking at this close up I can now see how they did this for the new style. The column now has new tracks where the brand new clamps attach, while retaining the previous column's mounting tracks for older clamps.

Still a great idea. I could take one of my AX-40 clamps, that he's showing here, and add it to the new stand in the middle. Giving me 3 tiers with the top one angled.

David

Gold Member
Online Happy
Gold Member
Originally Posted By: nursers

Indeed though I'm uneducated enough to wonder how it's a lot better than the PreSonus gear. With them announcing the USB-C option now I can't see where the extra cost is in the KL-8 although the components may be better?

The Radial is a rack mount line mixer and the PreSonus is a audio interface for a computer kind of an apples and oranges comparison. The Radial is basically a high end mixer and that's it. The PreSonus is a mainly an Analog to Digital convertor to send to your audio to your computer in digital format.

MP Hall of Fame Member
MP Hall of Fame Member
Originally Posted By: Docbop
Originally Posted By: nursers

The Radial is a rack mount line mixer and the PreSonus is a audio interface for a computer kind of an apples and oranges comparison. The Radial is basically a high end mixer and that's it. The PreSonus is a mainly an Analog to Digital convertor to send to your audio to your computer in digital format.

The Radial KL-8 is also an Audio Interface which is great for people like me who use hardware and software on stage.

David

Z
Z
Originally Posted By: Docbop
\The Radial is a rack mount line mixer and the PreSonus is a audio interface for a computer kind of an apples and oranges comparison. The Radial is basically a high end mixer and that's it. The PreSonus is a mainly an Analog to Digital convertor to send to your audio to your computer in digital format.

I haven't seen a statement as to whether the KL-8 does it's mixing analog or digital, but I'm going to guess it is an 8-channel 192kHz/24-bit audio interface with integrated digital mixer setup to be customized to this specific role. I believe the KL-8 can accept digital I/O on at least one channel and if it can send the full mix digitally to a computer, it can replace an audio interface in some applications.

Per pricepoint, it's actually a bit less than I'd have expected for a Radial product with this capability. Their deal is to sell quality and purpose built usefulness for gigging musicians, not to be the price leader. I'm personally not that into their designs, but I get why others are.

-Z-

Page 13 of 16 1 2 11 12 13 14 15 16

Moderated by  Dave Bryce, Stephen Fortner 

Link Copied to Clipboard