Music Player Network Home Guitar Player Magazine Keyboard Magazine Bass Player Magazine EQ Magazine
Topic Options
#2971797 - 01/26/19 02:59 PM Just sold my road case for the Hot Rod Deluxe
desertbluesman Offline
MP Hall of Fame Member

Loc: Near Phoenix Az
Just sold my road case for the Hot Rod Deluxe, Now I can drop the price on the Hot Rod Deluxe. (Too heavy for my old bones) Down to one amp and 3 guitars from my heavyweight quiver of the days of yore. Maybe an new lightweight amp head once the HRD is sold.
Harvey Cedars is my stage name on Soundclick

GP Island
#2971883 - 01/27/19 02:11 AM Re: Just sold my road case for the Hot Rod Deluxe [Re: desertbluesman]
Dannyalcatraz Online   content
MP Hall of Fame Member

Loc: Dallas/FW Metroplex, Texas
I’ve been looking hard at Quilter 101 or Aviator amps to fill the same sonic niche as my HRD. They’re SS, lightweight, and take pedals quite well.

My FLMS- Murphy's Music in Irving, Tx

http://murphysmusictx.com/

#2971918 - 01/27/19 07:45 AM Re: Just sold my road case for the Hot Rod Deluxe [Re: Dannyalcatraz]
Larryz Offline
10k Club

Loc: Northern California
Congrats DBM...I'm keeping my HRD, but I don't take it out to small venues. Pound for pound, watt for watt, the HRD is hard to beat for a clean Fender tuber. But, good luck on the sizing down project, I'm going to try and join you on my other stuff LOL! I have resisted the gas attacks on buying new stuff this year... cool

#2972201 - 01/28/19 12:32 PM Re: Just sold my road case for the Hot Rod Deluxe [Re: Dannyalcatraz]
Danzilla Offline
MP Hall of Fame Member

Loc: Baltimore, MD
The lead guitarist in my band uses a Quilter combo (Mach 2?) and loves it. I think it sounds good, but different from the tube amps he had been using (PRS Archon). Adding a second cab made it sound a whole lot better, in my opinion. But it's so light it doesn't add much hassle for load-in.

#2972329 - 01/29/19 05:02 AM Re: Just sold my road case for the Hot Rod Deluxe [Re: Danzilla]
picker Offline
10k Club

Loc: Near 12th Street and Vine...
Quilters rock. They are pricey, but they sound good to me.

#2972442 - 01/29/19 12:18 PM Re: Just sold my road case for the Hot Rod Deluxe [Re: picker]
desertbluesman Offline
MP Hall of Fame Member

Loc: Near Phoenix Az
I am set on buying another Egnater Tweaker, either a 15 watt 1-12 combo, or another Tweaker 15 watt head only to pair up with my other EVM 12L speaker.

I might also get the 40 watt Tweaker head to pair up with the other EVM12L, that one would play any room with my 2-12 cabs with the EVM12L's.

We shall see if I can sell the HRD. If not I will still play the HRD every other week or so.
Harvey Cedars is my stage name on Soundclick

Moderator:  A String, Bluesape, myles_rose