Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Your Latest Purchase (music related)

I recently bought a pair of Audix SCX25A lollipop-style condenser mics that mount directly to the piano. They can be used with the lid up or down.

Here's the first recording I did using these mics:

[video:youtube]

:o That sounds great!

Yamaha: Motif XF8, MODX7, YS200, CVP-305, CLP-130, YPG-235, PSR-295, PSS-470 | Roland: Fantom 7, JV-1000

Kurzweil: PC3-76, PC4 (88) | Hammond: SK Pro 73 | Korg: Triton LE 76, N1R, X5DR | Emu: Proteus/1 | Casio: CT-370 | Novation: Launchkey 37 MK3 | Technics: WSA1R

Former: Emu Proformance Plus & Mo'Phatt, Korg Krome 61, Roland Fantom XR & JV-1010, Yamaha MX61, Behringer CAT

Assorted electric & acoustic guitars and electric basses | Roland TD-17 KVX | Alesis SamplePad Pro | Assorted organs, accordions, other instruments

2am online negotiation back and forth with a DJ equipment shop of all places on Cyber Monday led me to pull the trigger on a great deal for a Native Instruments Komplete Kontrol S61 Mk2 with Komplete Select 12.

Im going to return the spare Arturia Keylab mk2.

Ive resisted the entire Native Instruments ecosystem and have had no problems finding cheap plug ins but I figure I cant lose with a big discount on a controller with Scarbee, Massive, Drum Lab, The Gentleman and a couple other things. I think Ill know pretty quickly if the Native Instruments approach is or isnt for me, plus a good return policy.

Yamaha U1 Upright, Roland Fantom 8, Nord Stage 4 HA73, Nord Wave 2, Korg Nautilus 73, Viscount Legend Live, Lots of Mainstage/VST Libraries

I recently bought a pair of Audix SCX25A lollipop-style condenser mics that mount directly to the piano. They can be used with the lid up or down.

Amazing, Al. Looks to me like 2 cameras and 1 operator, best I can tell. I'll PM you soon to discuss the recording as it's OT to this thread. Keep it up. :2thu:

:nopity:

At black Firsay prices:

Mackie MP240 IEM, plus Art Audio pro " My monitor 2" headphone preamp with a stereo input from my premix for keys, one return from the front PA and one mic input and thru.

Clave, shakers and bell for summer and singers who do percussion.

2 low profile kick stand for the two kids and two normal stand for the last two Mics on drums, medium and Floor Tom.

Art Audio pro headphone preamp for the singers, main balance coming with the main mix could be blended with their own Aux mix from the main board as well, so they have their own "more me" now..

Plus few cables to plug all that stuff.

That's it.

Haa the best two spiral drinker holder...

Stage 2, C2, NL2X+TC Pedals, P08+Tetra+H9, P12+TC Chorus D50+PG1000, 2 Matrix 1K, Proteus 2K, TX802, Streichfett, Drumbrute. Guitars:G&L Legacy, Asat X2, Ibanez Artstar AS153.Bass: L2000, SR1200&2605.

Amazing, Al. Looks to me like 2 cameras and 1 operator, best I can tell. I'll PM you soon to discuss the recording as it's OT to this thread. Keep it up. :2thu:

Thanks Dave! Actually 2 fixed-position cameras (i.e., no operator) with panning accomplished post production using Final Cut Pro. I'm happy to share more on PM.

• 1 month later...

A pair of AKG K240 Studio headphones. More out of necessity than for fun. I wont bore the forum with another thread about stage volume. :)

DE296-C38-B7-F8-413-B-B884-99-B90-A7-EFBF8.jpg

Yamaha: Motif XF8, MODX7, YS200, CVP-305, CLP-130, YPG-235, PSR-295, PSS-470 | Roland: Fantom 7, JV-1000

Kurzweil: PC3-76, PC4 (88) | Hammond: SK Pro 73 | Korg: Triton LE 76, N1R, X5DR | Emu: Proteus/1 | Casio: CT-370 | Novation: Launchkey 37 MK3 | Technics: WSA1R

Former: Emu Proformance Plus & Mo'Phatt, Korg Krome 61, Roland Fantom XR & JV-1010, Yamaha MX61, Behringer CAT

Assorted electric & acoustic guitars and electric basses | Roland TD-17 KVX | Alesis SamplePad Pro | Assorted organs, accordions, other instruments

Bose L1 Compact.

I'm playing in this acoustic trio (two vocalists plus me) and we're doing these postage-stamp gigs that turn out to be fun and pay well. I was hauling way too much gear, so a big improvement.

Reverb's best used price was $750. Local guy 25 minutes away selling a near-new unit for $500 on Facebook Marketplace, which is turning out to be a thing.

Score!

Want to make your band better?  Check out "A Guide To Starting (Or Improving!) Your Own Local Band"

• 4 weeks later...
Behringer Model D. Fun as hell. Oh, and it sounds really good, too!

Hardware

Yamaha MODX7, DX7, PSR-530, SY77/Korg TR-Rack, 01/W Pro X, Trinity Pro X, Karma/Ensoniq ESQ-1, VFX-SD

Behringer DeepMind12, Model D, Odyssey, 2600/Roland RD-1000/Arturia Keylab MKII 61

Software

Studio One/V Collection 9/Korg Collection 4/Cherry Audio/UVI SonicPass/EW Composer Cloud/Omnisphere, Stylus RMX, Trilian/IK Total Studio 3.5 MAX/Roland Cloud

Zoom Q2n-4K and a K&M 18880 stand with the 18881 second tier. Both exceeded my expectations. The 18880 is impossibly light and stable. The Zoom provides great game film for the band to watch and improve. Looking forward to capturing some video to use for promos.

Nord Stage 3 HA88, Nord Stage 3 Compact, Casio CT-S1, Radial Key Largo, Westone AM Pro 30, Rolls PM55P, K&M 18880 + 18881, Bose S1 Pro, JBL 305p MKII, Zoom Q2n-4K

A pair of AKG K240 Studio headphones. More out of necessity than for fun.
been using these at work for 20 years. Price has really come down. Great value for the money , IMO.

Same for me. After about 18 years of honorable work, last month my old 240 disintegrated gradually during the course of a week, so I just bought another pair. A real workhorse, although I don't think that I would trust them for something like a final mix.

Btw, I think this is my first visit to this thread! In all these years... :) The main reason, of course, is that I haven't purchased much new equipment in recent years.

A couple of years ago I got a Poly Evolver Rack, which I had craved for many years, thanks to a forum member who sold it to me at a very reasonable price. And about a year and half ago, I bought a Roland Integra 7, out of necessity.... it made my life easier in some situation, but I'm still not really convinced by its sound quality. I got that one used, too, at an excellent price.

The happiest purchase was last Christmas... I didn't really *need* a Behringer Model D, but I thought that I deserved a little gift, and I'm having a whole lot of fun with it. ;) It's the first synth which I've bought new in a long time.

Moog PianoBar. Tons of fun, when paired with some cool sound sources.

Oh neat! I'd love one of those.

"I'm so crazy, I don't know this is impossible! Hoo hoo!" - Daffy Duck

"The good news is that once you start piano you never have to worry about getting laid again. More time to practice!" - MOI

Bought this from off the local radio morning trading post show. Bought it for the stand as my old one is not working well, but as a bonus I have a backup mic and another XLR cord.

Atlas mic stand w/boom arm and Carvin CM67 (newer version, not the '80s one) mic plus XLR cord. $55, from a lady who used to play hammer dulcimer in a Celtic band. Local.

Microphone.jpg