Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

NI Delays Massive X from February to June

Just got the email yesterday from Native Instruments that the new Massive X release has been postponed from February to June due to needing more time.

Yamaha U1 Upright, Roland Fantom 8, Nord Stage 4 HA73, Nord Wave 2, Korg Nautilus 73, Viscount Legend Live, Lots of Mainstage/VST Libraries

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

In related news, I've decided to postpone my upgrade to Komplete 12 due to needing more time.

interesting thought, Bill. :laugh:

I had just discussed this same thing in another thread relating to one of your sample collections.

https://forums.musicplayer.com/ubbthreads.php/topics/2968338/Purgatory_Creek_Soundware_Tine#Post2968338

Does look nice.

Love the gorilla. :cool:

:nopity:

Aha, another Komplete 12 Select upgrader :)

I just got Select, and going by the past, there is a good chance there will be an upgrade sale (to go to Komplete standard) this spring or summer. That is my dastardly plan, at least. My main goal is get Kontakt, but like the movie theaters selling drinks, it's a better deal to get the whole package! :D That is, if you can use the other synths, which I know I will. Reaktor has me really excited. I already have Monark with Select, as well as Prism, and I'm very impressed with the sound of both of these.

If you got the email, you probably also got a 50 dollar voucher to spend--not sure I can hold onto it and apply it toward such an upgrade sale, if one actually happens. I suspect not :)

There's a big thread on this on KVR as you might expect. Massive X appears to be somewhat modular, which might be why it looks like Reaktor blocks more than the previous Massive.

Hmm, I was going to delay some final album production on the two or three songs that use Massive, in case Massive X brings even more mojo to those same tracks (after tweaking the presets to take advantage of new features in "X"). Not sure I should wait that long, but time has a way of racing along as it is, so it may become a moot point before long.

I like the new GUI; it's less cluttered and easier on the eyes, with clearer workflow as well.

Eugenio Upright, 60th Anniversary P-Bass, USA Geddy Lee J-Bass, Yamaha BBP35, D'angelico SS Bari, EXL1,

Select Strat, 70th Anniversary Esquire, LP 57, Eastman T486, T64, Ibanez PM2, Hammond XK4, Moog Voyager

Just an fyi since I mentioned the voucher...as I suspected, I can't use it for a Komplete upgrade, on sale or otherwise:

"The e-voucher is valid for all Native Instruments software products in the NI Online Shop, excluding hardware, updates, upgrades, crossgrades, educational versions, and products already on special offer. "

Considering I am hoping to get Komplete, that means something that isn't in Komplete standard...razor...flesh...scanner xt...alicia's keys (which I can't use yet without kontakt....might just go for the replica upgrade to replica xt, I hear great things about it.

NI vouchers are generally useless, as they tend to have very short time-spans, during which no new product is released (except weird stuff like the mallet design tool, and lots of EDM add-ons).

Eugenio Upright, 60th Anniversary P-Bass, USA Geddy Lee J-Bass, Yamaha BBP35, D'angelico SS Bari, EXL1,

Select Strat, 70th Anniversary Esquire, LP 57, Eastman T486, T64, Ibanez PM2, Hammond XK4, Moog Voyager

NI vouchers are generally useless, as they tend to have very short time-spans, during which no new product is released (except weird stuff like the mallet design tool, and lots of EDM add-ons).

Yeah, I found this out last night after my last post.

Anything I actually wanted was either too much $ for me, or it was coming in Komplete eventually anyway, or I couldn't get it due to it being an upgrade (Replika for example). So I just used it on an expansion, which conveniently are 49 bucks :) Well, a free expansion, and who knows I might actually use some of the samples! I got "Arcane Attic", seemed a bit different than all the "phat chill beats" that all the others seem to be....

Is Massive X would be treated as a different instrument, or an upgrade to the standard Massive that came with Komplete 12?

It is not an actual upgrade, it will run alongside Massive. Patches from the original won't work in MX, so it's pretty much a different beast all round. I'm guessing the similarity will be wavetables chiefly. I understand the guy who mainly did Monark is involved (Mike Daliot) and folks on KVR seem plenty happy about that. Sound quality probably won't be an issue, I think most of the "worry" is over workflow changes.

It is not an actual upgrade, it will run alongside Massive. Patches from the original won't work in MX, so it's pretty much a different beast all round. I'm guessing the similarity will be wavetables chiefly. I understand the guy who mainly did Monark is involved (Mike Daliot) and folks on KVR seem plenty happy about that. Sound quality probably won't be an issue, I think most of the "worry" is over workflow changes.

Got it. It'll be a 'new' instrument that we can purchase.

www.youtube.com/c/InTheMixReviews

Stokely, are you SURE about that? One of the beta testers said on another forum that it is a REPLACEMENT (i.e. upgrade) for Massive, which exits the catalogue at that point. I've never known the guy to be wrong, in 15 years (I've been on beta test teams with him also, and the guy is obsessive about details, facts, and proof).

Hmm, I'm just going by what some of the KVR folks are saying. They seem very sure! I believe one of them is also a beta tester.

Considering all the soundsets and tunes that use Massive, it would be a mistake IMO for them to just discontinue it. One thing people seem sure about is the fact that patches from one won't work on the other.

I certainly don't want to steer anyone wrong by repeating false info. Perhaps contact NI and see if they can tell you definitely.

Edit (again). Ok, found why everyone seems so sure, this is from the NI main massive X page.

"MASSIVE X will be available in June 2019. If you already own KOMPLETE 12, youll get MASSIVE X as a free download via Native Access. MASSIVE X is an addition to the MASSIVE family, and will exist side by side with the original instrument."

I had to scroll down a bunch (not a fan of those newfangled web pages honestly....)

One of the beta testers said on another forum that it is a REPLACEMENT (i.e. upgrade) for Massive, which exits the catalogue at that point.

hey Mark, this is taken from the link I provided above issued by Native Instruments

" MASSIVE X is an addition to the MASSIVE family, and will exist side by side with the original instrument".

Here is the link again

https://www.native-instruments.com/en/products/komplete/synths/massive-x/

:nopity:

OK, they probably changed their minds then, which often happens. As I'm still under NDA for beta teams I've been part of, all that I can say is that I have seen one product completely change its purpose and design as well as backward-sideways-forward compatibility. Most of these changes of purpose come from the beta feedback.

They also have a new FAQ's page (at least, new since I last checked a month or two ago). Some useful excerpts:

Will it replace MASSIVE?:

MASSIVE X and MASSIVE will coexist, ensuring ongoing MASSIVE compatibility for your existing DAW projects and access to your favorite MASSIVE sounds.

Will it open MASSIVE presets?:

MASSIVE X is an entirely new instrument, with new features, and a completely new sound engine, so theres no cross compatibility between MASSIVE X and MASSIVE.

Will there be a discount for existing MASSIVE owners?:

Yes! And if you already own KOMPLETE 12 (or ULTIMATE, or the COLLECTORS EDITION), you will receive MASSIVE X automatically as soon as its released.

• 1 month later...
Man, really hoping for a summer sale on Komplete upgrades this year....then again, I picked up a couple u-he synths during that rare sale so it's not like I don't have enough to keep me busy!

Diving deep in Diva?

So much fun... its my main goto now for all things analogue sounding..

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I am wondering if there will be a Native Instruments summer sale on Komplete upgrades this year or not. It is getting close to the time of year when they are usually announced.

I would love to do a half priced upgrade to Komplete 12 Ultimate, but I am wondering if the timing to release Massive X in June will create a bigger appetite for Komplete 12 sales and skip the tradition of a discounted upgrades.

Yamaha U1 Upright, Roland Fantom 8, Nord Stage 4 HA73, Nord Wave 2, Korg Nautilus 73, Viscount Legend Live, Lots of Mainstage/VST Libraries

I already paid for it a long time ago so I don't care anymore, but the demos so far do not impress in the least. Even so, this is almost always the case with NI demos, as they cater to a very different sort of musician than me.

• 1 month later...