Music Player Network

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
FS: Embertone Walker 1955 Steinway D sample library (Kontakt #2969132 01/15/19 07:36 PM
Mark Schmieder Offline OP
MP Hall of Fame Member
OP Offline
MP Hall of Fame Member
I will check all the details once home later tonight, to see if the rules are different for this one than others, or if there is a fee when it's Kontakt Player vs. full Kontakt, but I am pretty sure that resale is allowed for this library and everything from Embertone.

In fact, once I review project status of about 120 or more projects tonight, I may find I don't need anything from Embertone -- all were placeholders that didn't pan out compared to my preferred choices which are universally from Vienna Symphonic Library followed by Chris Hein.

Embertone is a great vendor, and easy to work with. But I need to scale down as "less is more" when it comes to speeding up production time and making decisions, as well as switching to SSD's means that disc space is once again at a premium since SSD's aren't cheap and thus I need to scale down my size.

This is a REALLY well recorded library with a lot of character, and it really blooms on certain types of playing, including some challenging percussive techniques.

There are two reasons why I do not think I will ever use this library (the three places where I used it temporarily, have already switched to other sources):

1. Vienna Symphonic Library surprised me by coming out with their own Steinway (I think I paid over $600 for the full edition)
2. The Walker library may not have half-pedaling support for some time to come; whereas it was hinted a really long time ago that it was forthcoming, and I can't use any library without half-pedaling as it is part of everything that I do

Many of you primarily do rock music, where half-pedaling is rarely if ever needed. If, like me, you mostly do classical and jazz, be aware of this limitation, and the unknown of when it will be addressed.

This is an easy library to use, with a great interface. A lot less work than Vienna Synchron Pianos. The only other real competition at this level is Hammersmith from Soniccouture, and I still use that one for certain stuff as it somehow has a different sound that I can't quite characterize. The Galaxy Vintage D (which I am also selling) is just below that top tier, and still a good contender for many people's needs.

Last edited by Mark Schmieder; 01/15/19 07:37 PM.

Eugenio Upright, 60th P-Bass, Select J-Bass, Geddy Lee J-Bass, Yamaha BBP35, Viking Bari
Select Strat, Select Tele, Am Pro JM, LP 57 Gold Top, RS520T, T486-RB, ES295, PM2, EXL1
WX5, XK1c, Voyager
KC Island
Re: FS: Embertone Walker 1955 Steinway D sample library (Kontakt [Re: Mark Schmieder] #2969414 01/17/19 03:12 AM
MP Hall of Fame Member
OP Offline
MP Hall of Fame Member
I didn't seem anything specific; just anecdotal evidence at vi-control, as with their other libraries, which are mostly Kontakt Libraries, so I would suspect there is at least a $25 transfer cost but their website doesn't have any info or a FAQ's page, so I would just contact them directly once someone is interested.

I have the full edition of the Steinway library ("Walker").

Also, I seriously doubt I'll ever use the four solo string instruments ("Blakus", "Leonid", etc.) and might never need the newer Joshua Bell solo violin either. I have so many choices already. That also goes for the Herring Clarinet.

Eugenio Upright, 60th P-Bass, Select J-Bass, Geddy Lee J-Bass, Yamaha BBP35, Viking Bari
Select Strat, Select Tele, Am Pro JM, LP 57 Gold Top, RS520T, T486-RB, ES295, PM2, EXL1
WX5, XK1c, Voyager
Re: FS: Embertone Walker 1955 Steinway D sample library (Kontakt [Re: Mark Schmieder] #2969896 01/18/19 09:15 PM
P
pianoproducer Offline
P
Hi Mark - I'm new here, but am interested in the Galaxy Vintage D. What price do you have on it, including any license transfer fees? I'm assuming payment would be via PayPal?

Regards,
Craig Richards

PS: you can see my history of posts on VI Control under the name CGR.

Re: FS: Embertone Walker 1955 Steinway D sample library (Kontakt [Re: pianoproducer] #2969943 01/19/19 05:26 AM
MP Hall of Fame Member
OP Offline
MP Hall of Fame Member
Craig, as the seller pays the 25 Euro fee to Best Service vs. the buyer, I would incur PayPal fees plus euro to dollar differential plus foreign exchange fees. So it looks like I'd need $35 to cover it (exchange rate is pretty good at the moment).

Last edited by Mark Schmieder; 01/19/19 05:27 AM.

WX5, XK1c, Voyager
Re: FS: Embertone Walker 1955 Steinway D sample library (Kontakt [Re: Mark Schmieder] #2969947 01/19/19 07:28 AM
P
pianoproducer Offline
P
OK, so $35 USD to cover transfer/PayPal/Exchange fees. What price are you wanting inclusive of this amount? (ie. the total sale price).

Regards, Craig

Re: FS: Embertone Walker 1955 Steinway D sample library (Kontakt [Re: pianoproducer] #2970075 01/19/19 08:11 PM
MP Hall of Fame Member
OP Offline
MP Hall of Fame Member
Exactly, $35 total, to cover the incidental fees that add up via payPal etc., and the fact that the actual exchange rate won't be the ideal one, so will probably be closer to $30 vs. the $28.65 that showed up when I converted 25 Euros last night. PayPal adds 30 cents plus a 2% fee, and currency exchange usually tags on a minimum 1% fee as well.

WX5, XK1c, Voyager
Re: FS: Embertone Walker 1955 Steinway D sample library (Kontakt [Re: Mark Schmieder] #2970107 01/19/19 11:21 PM
MP Hall of Fame Member
OP Offline
MP Hall of Fame Member
As these responses were all made to the wrong topic, please return to the Galaxy sale page for details on what is now available, alongside lessons learned from today's sale of the Vintage D to pianoproducer above.

WX5, XK1c, Voyager
Re: FS: Embertone Walker 1955 Steinway D sample library (Kontakt [Re: Mark Schmieder] #2982949 04/02/19 05:10 AM
MP Hall of Fame Member
OP Offline
MP Hall of Fame Member
All of the smallest Embertone libs are for sale still, wicked cheap, even bundled for something like $60 total, which is well less than a single library on sale on its own.

The ones that I didn't sell yet, because I didn't list them and no one inquired, are the Chang Erhu, Mountain Dulcimer, Shan Bawu, Kalimba, Charmer (Shehnai), Shire Whistle, Recorders (one of the few available libraries), Crystal Flute, Ancient Voices, Ivory Wind, Jubal Flute, Jug Drums.

I'm super-tired at this hour so that's a list made from my hard drive directory view. I'll verify this list later based on what I wrote in PM to someone who ended up wanting to prioritize other stuff. In other words, one or two of those may be canceled products and/or part of their freebie set. But the first three on my list are large libraries close to $100 each.

WX5, XK1c, Voyager
Re: FS: Embertone Walker 1955 Steinway D sample library (Kontakt [Re: Mark Schmieder] #2985546 04/17/19 01:55 AM
MP Hall of Fame Member
OP Offline
MP Hall of Fame Member
All Embertone libraries are now sold. I have plenty of other libraries available though, so feel free to shoot a "want" list my way.

WX5, XK1c, Voyager

Moderated by  Dave Bryce, Joe Muscara