Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Official NFL 2018-2019 Thread

• Replies 374
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, the outcome of this weekend's games was as I hoped/expected.

The Eagles came out swinging in the 1st half. IMO, One Philly INT changed the momentum of the game. I believe the Saints are going to the Super Bowl.

The Chiefs made the Colts look like the Texans of last week. :D

I'm predicting the Chiefs will win next week and go to the Super Bowl. If the Chiefs do make it, I believe they will hoist the Lombardi trophy. :cool:

PD

"The greatest thing you'll ever learn, is just to love and be loved in return."--E. Ahbez "Nature Boy"

What I don't understand is WHY the Eagles kept playing ZONE in the middle of the field for the entire game. It was NOT working. They were allowing Receivers to catch the ball and then tackle them. They gave up way too may big plays. NO had a defender on every Eagles player down field, once the ball was in the air, another NO Defender would run to the ball to help the player covering the man. I'm sure there's a name for that Defence, but I don't remember.

I don't understand some of the Eagles play calling, especially in the 4th quarter. The one time they got close to NO end zone, they did not throw the ball in the end zone with the game on the line. Plink and Plunk doesn't work when you're running out of time.

Being that my Steelers have not been given a "Get out of Jail card" we were all routing for the Eagles in our American Legion Post tonight. Too bad.

Yamaha Motif ES8, Alesis Ion, Prophet 5 Rev 3.2, 1979 Rhodes Mark 1 Suitcase 73 Piano, Arp Odyssey Md III, Roland R-70 Drum Machine, Digitech Vocalist Live Pro. Roland Boss Chorus Ensemble CE-1.

Fake punt by NO was briliiant. Who the hell does that in their own territory??? I have to admit - I love that kind of football.

The announcers were mentioning that NO needed to get something going and jump-start the offense. I love that aggressive, out-of-left-field play calling as well.

I think KC and NE really benefited with a bye week and game at home. I think I heard that Brady/Belichick Pats are 12-1 in divisional games after a bye. 13-1 now?

Rams are better than Dallas.

I though the fake punt was great too. Then around the same time a bunch of Philly defenders got banged up. One at a time, but that was odd. I think they all returned at some point in the game, but momentum had changed. Best game of the weekend to me.

The Chargers had to fly across country twice. The headwinds flying home had to make for a long flight home.

No rest, and coast to coast travel is a big disadvantage, the Chargers had a better record than NE but did not win their own Division. So.....they had to travel.

New England was ready to play and rested.

Mike T.

Yamaha Motif ES8, Alesis Ion, Prophet 5 Rev 3.2, 1979 Rhodes Mark 1 Suitcase 73 Piano, Arp Odyssey Md III, Roland R-70 Drum Machine, Digitech Vocalist Live Pro. Roland Boss Chorus Ensemble CE-1.

Fake punt by NO was briliiant. Who the hell does that in their own territory??? I have to admit - I love that kind of football.

dB

The Saints vs Colts Super Bowl 44, Saints were trailing at halftime. To start the second half Sean Payton surprised everyone by calling for an onside kick which the Saints successfully executed. They scored on that drive to take the lead. Saints won 31-17.

We might have a New Orleans vs New England SB. The weather in KC is going to be winter sub zero awful. Bet that favors New England. I hope KC wins. If I have to watch another SB with the Patriots on the field, I think I'll throw up. Enough of those guys!

Mike T.

Brotha Mike, I think Chiefs will beat the Pats resoundingly despite the weather. Buck stops in KC for NE this year. :laugh:

Also, I believe the Saints will outscore the Rams in an offensive shootout. If either one of those teams plays solid defense, they run away with the victory. :cool:

PD

"The greatest thing you'll ever learn, is just to love and be loved in return."--E. Ahbez "Nature Boy"

Well see Brotha D. The Pats are a better cold weather team. I do believe KC was looking for more moderate weather so they can take advantage of their speed.

Cold snowy field will slow the game down. I hope the Chiels play Man Defense and put Brady on his back or at least rush him so he doesn't get comfortable.

We are getting a blast of winter here in NE PA too so it might a challenge to get to my American Legion Post to watch the Championship games.I won't risk driving my ride over the mountain on icy roads.

Mike T.

Championship games today. I still believe the Saints and Chiefs will end up in the Super Bowl.

Right now, I'm wondering if those 8 points left on the field will come back to haunt them.

The Rams started out shaky but picked up some momentum on the last drive of the 1st half.

I expect the Saints to put distance between themselves and the Rams in the 2nd half.

For some reason, I've got the Chiefs putting it on the Patriots this evening. :cool:

PD

Yeah, it's certainly more likely that the Saints would have won had that call been made. I hate bad officiating at crucial points in a playoff game.

It would have been nice for the Rams to have had a definitive victory; but fan that I am, I'm still glad they're going back to the Super Bowl.

Best,

Geoff

My Blue Someday appears on Apple Music | Spotify | YouTube | Amazon

Yeah, it's certainly more likely that the Saints would have won had that call been made. I hate bad officiating at crucial points in a playoff game.

I'm gonna go farther and say that the Saints would absolutely have won if that call was made...and I was pulling for the Rams.

What an awful asterisk for both teams.

dB

:snax:

:keys:==> David Bryce Music • Funky Young Monks <==:rawk:

If it wasnt pass interference, the helmet-to-helmet hit almost certainly should have been called a personal foul. Either way, the Saints should have received a 15-year penalty and a fresh set of downs with 1:45 remaining, which almost certainly would have effectively ended the game. Instead, the Saints had to settle for a field goal to go up 23-20, watched the Rams tie the game minutes later, then lose in overtime.
:nopity:

Greatest day of football ever? I dont recall two championship games going into OT. Of course the refs have to bring their own drama. :rolleyes:

I have been reluctant to throw around the GOAT title, but I just threw my hat in. Tom Brady is going to his 9th Super Bowl. Romo did a good job pointing out changes Brady was making before the ball snapped and saying its like having the head coach or offensive coordinator on the field. He played a great game last night.

I still put Vince Lombardi as the GOAT HC, but BB is my 2.

The Non Pass Interference call during the Saints-LA game was a disgrace. Its one thing to "Let the Players-Play" and another to not call an obvious penalty at a crucial time during the game.

Pass interference penalties were either called for the minor contact that didn't matter, or not called at all.

Then there was the over-turned KC recovery of an Edelman fumble that was returned for a TD by KC. Over turned when replays clearly showed that Edelman had touched the ball and KC recovered and scored.

I was routing for LA and KC to win their games. Nothing against New Orleans, I like their team and Drew Brees.

It was obvious how the Ref's were betting.

Mike T.

I hate the lack of defensive pressure in the last 2 minutes of games. :mad::rolleyes:

I would rather see teams man up and play press coverage rather than play prevent defense; giving up chunk yardage leading to FGs and TDs.

The non-call in the Saints game was horrible and affected the outcome. But, I still contend those 8 points they left on the field in the 1st half doomed them.

The chiefs succumbed to the Brady effect. Their defense could not stop him even without the Pats having a #1 WR threat.

The Rams versus Pats Super Bowl should be an entertaining game. I believe the Pats will win it because they have the GOAT @ QB. Too much offense. :cool:

PD

LA CAN win it if they prepare and play their game. This Patriots team is not even as good as last year's team and can be beat. LA has to get off to a good start. NE is going to RUN THE BALL and burn the clock.

If LA can ignore the hype and not be intimidated by the EVENT, they can win.

Well put, Mike :thu:

Best,

Geoff

I'll venture a wild guess and say that you have a lot of bandwagon fans of the RAMS for this Super Bowl, including me. I'd say that a lot of us are SICK AND TIRED of the Patriots. The only way to retire Brady before he's 45 is to beat them in either the playoffs or the Super Bowl. I'll be watching! :cofee:

Cheers Geoff!

Mike T.

Why I'm glad Tony Romo is calling the Super Bowl:

Why Tony Romo Is a Genius at Football Commentary

This week, Phillips has been entertaining the media in the Rams' interview sessions with quips like this about Tony Romo, his former quarterback with the Cowboys who's become an outstanding analyst for CBS, which will televise Super Bowl LIII.

"You know what I'm thinking about doing?" Phillips said. "I'm thinking about getting an earpiece and listening to Romo. He'll tell me what the play call is. That's the only way you get ahead of Tom Brady."

https://www.houstonchronicle.com/sports/columnists/mcclain/article/Wade-Phillips-vs-Bill-Belichick-another-meeting-13578054.php

"I'm so crazy, I don't know this is impossible! Hoo hoo!" - Daffy Duck

"The good news is that once you start piano you never have to worry about getting laid again. More time to practice!" - MOI