Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

I pulled the trigger...

picker

...on a MIM Hendrix Strat in Olympic White. I have had a yen for a white-on-white strat for a while, and $20 a month for 48 months at no interest was just too tempting.11fdafa32570a4264a6dbe9f8419e54c-1200-80.jpg

Always remember that you are unique. Just like everyone else.

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Con grat u lations, mon frere! I bet you're stoked. I really dig the reverse headstock and pickup array, and the finish, plastic-colors and maple fretboard are all mighty appealing! She's easy on the eyes, and if even half so on the ears and fingers then you've got a really sweet axe there. :cool:

That's a really good deal, too- tempts me to consider one, as well... !

Ask yourself- What Would Ren and Stimpy Do?

~ Caevan James-Michael Miller-O'Shite ~

_ ___ _ Leprechaun, Esquire _ ___ _

Yep, I have no plans on buying an electric anytime soon, and when I do, not sure which I'd pick, but if I DO choose a Strat, that white 'un did always look good. :)

Whitefang

I started out with NOTHING...and I still have most of it left!

One thing that's a MUST- Dunlop StrapLoks! With a tiny dab of Yomega Brain Lube (thick Teflon gel) in their internal bearing-surfaces. And a rrreally comfy strap. (OK, that was two things... ;):D:thu::2thu: )

:rawk:

Ask yourself- What Would Ren and Stimpy Do?

~ Caevan James-Michael Miller-O'Shite ~

_ ___ _ Leprechaun, Esquire _ ___ _

Sweet. The position of that bridge pickup is what Leo should've done on the Strat and Tele... and reverse headstocks make the most sense from a physics standpoint...

Jimi swore the trem being upside down was better, too... wonder why they didn't do that?

Thanks guys, the only thing I don't like about it is I can't watch myself playing it! :D. So far, she has been played at two local jams, and she sounds great.

I am thinking about straplocks for it. I already have a couple of sets to choose from, but I just didn't want to mess with it yet. Eventually, I think I'd like to change the tone control from the middle pickup to the bridge. I never use it where it is, and being able to back the bite on the bridge p/up would be a plus.

Sweet. The position of that bridge pickup is what Leo should've done on the Strat and Tele... and reverse headstocks make the most sense from a physics standpoint...

Jimi swore the trem being upside down was better, too... wonder why they didn't do that?

Most of us who play "righty"( even us "lefties" who play right handed) are accustomed to the trem bar on the bottom. But a good point made...

Somehow technology might be implemented to make that bar position reversible (done by an in-store tech) for those who might too, prefer it on top. Or at least be able to give it a try. ;)

Whitefang

And I don't play "lefty" DESPITE being left-handed, remember? Just like GLEN CAMPBELL, another Southpaw, ALSO didn't play "lefty". ;)

So I won't bother to seek one out and try it. But thanks for the info. :) Unless....

You ARE referring to a "righty" guitar with the whammy on top?

Whitefang

[video:youtube]

Wow I remember that tune, it is the first time I have heard it in years and years, that white boy could play.....And sing......

I had that album and several others by Johnny Winter, and played them till they wore out (I think).

John Dawson Winter 3, the Double-White Boy....

[purty sure PMan won't hate me long fer breakin' in on his thread ]

AWWWW GAAWWD!!!! I HAYYYYTE YOOOOOUU!!!!! :mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::taz::hitt::bang:

Well, not really. But who could pass up an opportunity like that? :wave::2thu::wacko:

PULLING MY OWN TRIGGER

I'm an eazy, greezy target, Pickster,

& I know we have some underlying

under-slying

sly

&

under-sliding

favrosities.

So let me

make sure no one misunderstands

while i take this spot to make my final bow...

...for now, at least....

Picker is a great Cat

& I hope we meet for the future

when I make my

vacuum comeback

& backcome Vack-You'm

Only 'member this

I'm not the greatest

[Can You say Tedster?! Can You say Lee F ?!]

but even the greatest

quit sometime

when the time's is wrong the time is right

[video:youtube]

PLUS LES ALTRA & ULTRA

[video:youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=epLLiiXgnmc

d=halfnote

You made it CRYSTAL that you were kidding Picker. Don't really know what might have brought about that diatribe, but some are just too( and by their own design) hard to figure. :idk

Can't be sore at anyone who'd post the ENTIRE "Second Winter" LP. :w00t:

Whitefang

• 3 weeks later...
Congrats! This looks sweet. I love the jumbo reverse headstock.

Yeah, I used to dislike the big headstocks on the CBS era models, but I kinda like them now, especially the reverse one on mine.

Congrats! This looks sweet. I love the jumbo reverse headstock.

Yeah, I used to dislike the big headstocks on the CBS era models, but I kinda like them now, especially the reverse one on mine.

In theory, more mass adds to sustain.

"Monsters are real, and Ghosts are real too. They live inside us, and sometimes, they win." Stephen King

http://www.novparolo.com

https://thewinstonpsmithproject.bandcamp.com

Hah, not meaning to rain on anyone's parade, but it reminds me of grocery trips when people keep asking the clerks which is the sweetest and I'm of course trying to achieve the opposite (for health AND for taste).

With guitars, and most instruments (drums and percussion especially), there is no such thing to my ears as "too dry", and I'm often mystified why people want MORE resonance and sustain from things. But maybe this comes from doing so much production work.

On GS, people often say they hate Strats because they're the one guitar that doesn't have sustain. But that's why even though it's the player not the instrument, I was disappointed by Nile Rodgers when he switched to a Les Paul for his tour with one of those 80's hard rock guys (I forget which one -- maybe Slash?). It changed his sound in a bad way.

Same with reggae, but I've heard clips with P90's that sound great, on LP-type guitars.

Anyway, for those who do want sustain, I think the bigger headstock is probably going to achieve a more versatile sound that still retains the characteristics of a Strat, than switching to humbuckers.

Eugenio Upright, 60th Ann P-Bass, USA Geddy Lee J-Bass, Yamaha BBP35, D'angelico Bari, Dano Bari

Select Strat/Tele, Am Pro Jazzmaster, LP 57 Gold, G5422DC-12, T486, T64, PM2, EXL1, XK4, Voyager