Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Official NFL 2018-2019 Thread

ProfD

Mike Tomlin's not going anywhere. Some Steelers fans have short memories. The first AFC Championship Game in Pittsburgh when Bill Cowher was coach was 21-0 in favor of New England before all the fans were in their seats. I think Tomlin is a better coach, but some of the players are idiots. Spoiled 21st century athletes that have been catered too their entire lives. Not all of them are focused on football.

Tomlin didn't play a down. The Steelers beat themselves. Too many mistakes for a veteran team.

Haven't injuries to the Redskins been their biggest problem? A couple of QB with broken legs don't make life easy.

Mike T.

Yamaha Motif ES8, Alesis Ion, Prophet 5 Rev 3.2, 1979 Rhodes Mark 1 Suitcase 73 Piano, Arp Odyssey Md III, Roland R-70 Drum Machine, Digitech Vocalist Live Pro. Roland Boss Chorus Ensemble CE-1.

• Replies 374
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

ProfD

Mike Tomlin's not going anywhere.

Tomlin didn't play a down. The Steelers beat themselves. Too many mistakes for a veteran team.

Haven't injuries to the Redskins been their biggest problem? A couple of QB with broken legs don't make life easy.

I hope you're right about Tomlin's continued tenure at the helm of the Steelers. I think he's one of the best head coaches in the league. He wouldn't be unemployed for very long if the Steelers parted ways with him.

Injuries have plagued the Skins. That may be Gruden's saving grace. But, I still wouldn't hate to see both him and the GM go elsewhere. :cool:

PD

"The greatest thing you'll ever learn, is just to love and be loved in return."--E. Ahbez "Nature Boy"

Hall of Fame Receiver Cris Carter has an excellent Sports Show with Nick Wright and Jenna. Its on Fox and youtube "First Things First". I have a great deal of respect for Cris, he is a highly intelligent man and knows the game. He believes Mike Tomlin is one of the best coaches in the league. I agree. He's HC of the Steelers the last 12 years and has never had a losing season.

I watch his Press Conferences most every Tuesday. The man is in charge and knows the game. The Steelers have had 3 coaches in the last 50 years. Let the cry baby Steelers fans that are calling for his head stick their heads in a bucket of water. He's not going anywhere.

Yamaha Motif ES8, Alesis Ion, Prophet 5 Rev 3.2, 1979 Rhodes Mark 1 Suitcase 73 Piano, Arp Odyssey Md III, Roland R-70 Drum Machine, Digitech Vocalist Live Pro. Roland Boss Chorus Ensemble CE-1.

Time for the postseason firings:

The Browns already fired Hue Jackson and so did the Packers with Mike McCarthy; but today, the firings resumed in earnest. Marvin Lewis and Cincinnati "mutually agreed to part ways," the Broncos fired Vance Joseph, Steve Wilks was canned by Arizona, Adam Gase was let go by the Dolphins, the Jets fired Todd Bowles, and Tampa Bay got rid of Dirk Koetter.

More here:

NFL coach firings: Who's gone, openings, and candidates

Best,

Geoff

My Blue Someday appears on Apple Music | Spotify | YouTube | Amazon

Wilks and Gase got shafted. Exactly what was Wilks supposed to do with that dumpster fire. Koetter firing is fine he is a back stabbing D bag.

"It doesn't have to be difficult to be cool" - Mitch Towne

"A great musician can bring tears to your eyes!!!

So can a auto Mechanic." - Stokes Hunt

Being that the Steelers rolled over and died, I do believe that The Eagles will roll into Chicago and beat the Bears. Why? The Eagles have an excellent roster. The Bears are going to run the ball. If they get behind, they're screwed. Both their starting Receivers are hurt. I'm picking Philly.

Unfortunately, New England is the number 2 seed in the AFC,and gets a Bye week, again. :facepalm:

I'm so sick of seeing that team play at Home during the playoffs, I could puke. I sure hope someone beats them, if not its going to be a boring SB. The NFC will smoke NE if they're in the big game, again.

Mike T.

Wilks and Gase got shafted. Exactly what was Wilks supposed to do with that dumpster fire. Koetter firing is fine he is a back stabbing D bag.

Agreed. I feel bad for Marvin Lewis. I heard an interview on ESPN radio this morning, and he said he "Failed to deliver a Championship". He has had his problems with Quarterbacks being seriously hurt and unable to play on more than one occasion. Marv is a good guy and deserves to be a coach in the NFL. Maybe Mike Tomlin should hire him so he can fire that nitwit Butler.

Mike T.

I'm not surprised by the end of season coaching carousel. It doesn't look like my team will be playing. :rolleyes:

I do think it's unfortunate that Wilks was dealt a terrible hand in AZ. IMO, ownership was never committed to him.

Undoubtedly, these former HCs (head coaches) will land gigs as coordinators or special assistants.

Supposedly, Gase could be interviewing for the AZ job. Rebuilding that team stats with a firm commitment of time and investment of money on behalf of the Bidwells.

The Dolphins need a QB. It would be a great landing spot for Nick Foles who will be a free agent. Of course, that depends on who they hire as HC.

The other teams only need a regime change and to bring in a few players to make them more competitive. Next season will be interesting.:cool:

PD

"The greatest thing you'll ever learn, is just to love and be loved in return."--E. Ahbez "Nature Boy"

The Dolphins need a QB. It would be a great landing spot for Nick Foles who will be a free agent. Of course, that depends on who they hire as HC.

unless, of course, Philadelphia wins another Super Bowl with him as quarterback. Would a team not resign a quarterback that won 2 consecutive Super Bowls? Inquiring minds want to know. :cool:;)

:nopity:

The Bears are favored in Sunday's game against the Eagles, but that's the Super Bowl winner with Foles, so this seems to be a very dangerous game here for the Bears. Should be a great, competitive game regardless.

Giving coaches a one year contract is a dead giveaway that they are not committed to anything other than bringing in a new person to manage the players that they are already playing. Take a look at the Organizations that fired coaches. Those teams are a mess, changing a coach to manage the same mess is the definition of insanity in action (or in-action).

Mike T

unless, of course, Philadelphia wins another Super Bowl with him as quarterback. Would a team not resign a quarterback that won 2 consecutive Super Bowls? Inquiring minds want to know. :cool:;)

Surely, the Eagles would want to keep a clutch back-up QB. But, the question becomes at what price.

Nonetheless, I do not believe the Eagles will survive the playoff gauntlet this year. They don't have to worry about Foles winning another Super Bowl ring.

The bigger question is how long Foles wants to continue playing football. :cool:

PD

If I'm not mistaken, the Eagles gave Foles a decent contract extension after last year's SB win. I don't recall the details, but he doesn't have to play an entire season and gets paid more than enough money for being a reserve. That means he should be able to WALK after he retires from football, unlike workhorse Earl Campbell that can hardly even stand. The poor guy ran his tail off for years and has no quality of life.

Mike T.

Bracket Predictions from CBS Sports

These guys have the Bears going against the Saints in the NFC Championship (but losing). They also have the Saints losing to the Chargers in the Super Bowl.

If the Bears actually go this far, this would be amaaaazing. With a first-year coach and an almost rookie QB who is rather green, this would be something. As it, I seriously doubt too many people had the Bears going this far at all. I sure didn't, although I thought it would be a fun year, and that it has been.

The Bears have a great defense, but are really unpredictable, particularly Trubisky, so it's hard to know. They are good enough to beat anyone, but running the table all the way to the Super Bowl is might be asking them to be more consistent and less prone to silly mistakes that they have been.

But regardless, even getting past the defending champions is going to be quite a challenge.

If the Chargers win, the 27 fans in Los Angeles are going to be seriously stoked. Maybe if they can get their friends, they can have, like, 94, 95 people have a parade in downtown.

A great story in the making is IF the Eagles do beat the Bears, the next week theyd play New Orleans, the team that blew them out 48-7 back in November. Of course that was with Wentz at QB. Not likely, but what a story..

Hey, it could happen... :boing:

I'm still not sure how they beat Houston in Week 16. :idk::D

dB

:snax:

:keys:==> David Bryce Music • Funky Young Monks <==:rawk:

Seattle has a drop kick style punter. No problem. The fact that he's never really practiced kicking field goals is ridiculous.

IMO, kickers and punters should be able to sub for each other in the event of an injury.

Seattle's punter couldn't even execute an onside kick. :confused:

Anyway, the Seahawks lost fair and square. They didn't put up enough of an offensive effort through the first three (3) quarters.

The Colts are peaking at the right time of the season. They put it on the Texans. :cool:

PD

Good. The Seahawks are scarier than the Cowboys.

FWIW the neighbor boy wasn't claimed off waivers and the Seahawks signed back to the practice squad.

Learned why Antonio Brown hasn't been showing up to team meetings. He was the Hippo on 'The Masked Singer'.

Performance

https://youtu.be/TuI0rAB_G_0

UnMasking

Brown is a lost cause. Totally Stupid.

Mike T.

The Bears look good today. Except for Cody Parkey, who has hit the four uprights FOUR times now against the Lions. Weird. Never seen anything like that before.

What a shocking ending to today's gamehitting the upright and the crossbar, after nailing the attempt during the timeout. The ball bounced the wrong way twice!

My condolences, Ken and CEB, and congrats to Dave. Both teams played a strong game today. Obviously, it could have gone either way.

Best,

Geoff

My Blue Someday appears on Apple Music | Spotify | YouTube | Amazon

That kid may not make it out of Chicago alive. Remember Steve Bartman? He need 24 hour police protection and had to move to Florida.

Anyway, the Seahawks lost fair and square. They didn't put up enough of an offensive effort through the first three (3) quarters.

That they did. Even the local paper seems baffled by the decision to keep pounding away at a running game that was going nowhere. When they finally opened up their offense to include an aggressive passing game it was simply too late. Not that they didn't exceed all of our expectations for the season as it was! (My wife is a huge football fan, otherwise I'd still be completely baffled by the sport.)

Acoustic: Shigeru Kawai SK-7 ~ Breedlove C2/R

MIDI: Kurzweil Forte ~ Sequential Prophet X ~ Yamaha CP88 ~ Expressive E Osmose

Electric: Schecter Solo Custom Exotic ~ Chapman MLB1 Signature Bass

We had a nice civilized crowd at our American Legion Post today and tonight to watch the NFL Games. Steeler fans were routing for the Eagles, we're homers. Foles wasn't really sharp tonight, and made some bad decisions. He tried to throw the ball in the End Zone to one of his players who was triple covered and was picked off. He was better down the stretch and managed to pull off a win.

I don't remember the last time I saw a kicker miss the second try at a kick after he nailed the first kick when the Eagles called timeout. We couldn't believe he missed. I wonder where he's going to be employed next season.

Edit: Eagles' Treyvon Hester tipped Parkey's missed FG. I couldn't see the partial blocked kick from where I was sitting watching the game, and the place went bonkers after we knew the Eagles pulled it off! What a nail biter!

So the Eagles have to go to New Orleans next week. We are hoping for a GAME this time, instead of Custer's last stand.

I believe that the Chargers will be able to give New England a game next week in Foxboro. I'd love to see NE LOSE.

Mike T.