Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Let's hear it!!! Post your music here!

Well, here we go. Never posted any music on this forum till now. :eek:

Here's a live recording of a song that I played with a trio (keyboard, piano, e. drums) that we threw together at a Thanksgiving event in my town. Arranged by me, keyboard part written out by me as well. I'm on the piano. Audio is a mix of iPad and iPhone audio from two different locations (in the audience, next to the stage), as that's all I have that's portable. No added reverb. Just cleaned up to sound closer to the way it did live (a little EQ). Yamaha grand, Yamaha Motif XF8 (the venue's), and Yamaha DTXPlorer set. Motif is playing a split of electric organ and acoustic bass.

[video:youtube]

:keys:

Yamaha: Motif XF8, MODX7, YS200, CVP-305, CLP-130, YPG-235, PSR-295, PSS-470 | Roland: Fantom 7, JV-1000

Kurzweil: PC3-76, PC4 (88) | Hammond: SK Pro 73 | Korg: Triton LE 76, N1R, X5DR | Emu: Proteus/1 | Casio: CT-370 | Novation: Launchkey 37 MK3 | Technics: WSA1R

Former: Emu Proformance Plus & Mo'Phatt, Korg Krome 61, Roland Fantom XR & JV-1010, Yamaha MX61, Behringer CAT

Assorted electric & acoustic guitars and electric basses | Roland TD-17 KVX | Alesis SamplePad Pro | Assorted organs, accordions, other instruments

https://soundcloud.com/pigeon-city/donuts-for-christmas-feat-chicky-wicky-the-rubber-chicken

Im not joking, this is an actual song I made. Any comments will be greatly appreciated.

Yamaha MX49, Casio SK1/WK-7600, Korg Minilogue, Alesis SR-16, Casio CT-X3000, FL Studio, many VSTs, percussion, woodwinds, strings, and sound effects.

https://soundcloud.com/pigeon-city/donuts-for-christmas-feat-chicky-wicky-the-rubber-chicken

Im not joking, this is an actual song I made. Any comments will be greatly appreciated.

This is some unique stuff! One criticism, it's a little tough to hear what's going on when the vocals kick in around the 40 sec mark? But it sounds like you have good rhythmic control over the rubber chicken when that comes in at 1:49, nice!

Dare I ask, what's the inspiration for this music?

Some music I've recorded and played over the years with a few different bands

Tommy Rude Soundcloud

Still not my original stuff, but since it's the holidays, I wanted to share this performance of a, um, traditional spiritual, courtesy of a trio I put together for a benefit last weekend. Hope you enjoy...

[video:youtube]01wSPCNL4Wg

Samuel B. Lupowitz

Musician. Songwriter. Food Enthusiast. Bad Pun Aficionado.

This is some unique stuff! One criticism, it's a little tough to hear what's going on when the vocals kick in around the 40 sec mark? But it sounds like you have good rhythmic control over the rubber chicken when that comes in at 1:49, nice!

Dare I ask, what's the inspiration for this music?

The inspiration for this was a box of Krispy Kreme Christmas donuts in my vocational school (after high school aged) classroom Im in we had for Christmas. Also in general Christmas music is a great genre to do kitschy stuff in.

Yamaha MX49, Casio SK1/WK-7600, Korg Minilogue, Alesis SR-16, Casio CT-X3000, FL Studio, many VSTs, percussion, woodwinds, strings, and sound effects.

Still not my original stuff, but since it's the holidays, I wanted to share this performance of a, um, traditional spiritual, courtesy of a trio I put together for a benefit last weekend. Hope you enjoy...

[video:youtube]01wSPCNL4Wg

Awesome! Absolutely rockin' vocals Samuel! A quiet & peaceful holiday lullaby :rawk:

Some music I've recorded and played over the years with a few different bands

Tommy Rude Soundcloud

Merry Christmas to all the KC Brethren!

Tina Aldana on vocals, Alfredo Lopez on bass, and yours truly on keys.

Merry Christmas from Northern Virginia.

Nobody Really Knows

The world around us is unpredictable. We balance each day with the practical and our faith. And adapt as best we can. But we cannot predict the outcome and tomorrow.

I am the composer/performer of this original jazz/funk instrumental that was

inspired by the uncertainty.

All music tracks of the song are created and performed on the Korg Kronos keyboard.

The distinctive sax is a 3rd party keyboard sample created by the

talented Grzegorz Marciak of Sounds of Planet.

Thank you for listening !

Greg

Why fit in, when you were born to stand out ?

My Soundcloud with many originals:

[70's Songwriter]

A Christmas tune from Saturday night's holiday gig. Recorded with iPhone and Shure clip on stereo mic. CP4 to Key Largo to a pair of TT08As.

Oh Tannenbaum

Merry Christmas to all!

Very nice touch and phrasing- I like how you worked the tempo- very cool. The band cooked right with you.

I noticed the use of softer dynamics towards the end- well done !

Why fit in, when you were born to stand out ?

My Soundcloud with many originals:

[70's Songwriter]

Here ya go, Jimmy. :thu:

Thanks Bones...

Just a bit of liner notes, I am playing Organ, Piano and Bass and have Grammy Award winning Ivan Hampden Jr on drums (17yrs with Luther Vandross) Robin Woodard on Guitar, Emmy Award winner Richard Putnam, and Alex Almasy on horns, and Cammy Award winner JK Loftin is my producer. One nice line up!!

Quick UPDATE, Runnin Blue has been making waves up several local radio Charts! Already #19 on DJ Eric Bowmans chart and "Bubbling Under" on Fessa John Hooks Top 40 Beach Music Chart.

www.jimmyweaver.com

or

Jimmy

Those are my principles, and if you don't like them... well, I have others. Groucho

NEW BAND CHECK THEM OUT

www.steveowensandsummertime.com

www.jimmyweaver.com

I was home alone for Christmas this year taking care of Mom and Dad for half the day then home alone with wife away at her family's this year, made a few acoustic piano recordings in my den with just my Zoom H2 recording and my Yamaha YUX upright. Peter Ind's bassline tape and CD here on a Jazz blues in Bb.

My Blue Christmas - Home Alone for Xmas 2018 Jazz Blues in Bb

Bouncing with Bud - Head/Solo with screwed Lock Hands part but fairly good uneven solo...I tried!

Screwed Lock Hands part (about 46 in), some swallowed notes and tempo problems but I made most of the solo. . .(above)

Bouncing with Bud - Head/Solo Slower, Better Lock Hands part, slipped up solo - can't win some days!

-Bach Choral 365 - Jesus My Friend

(2 misplaced notes in there BTW)

Bach Choral #356 - Jesus My Friend

Moonlight in Vermont with melody played as a #11/13 chord except for 3 verse: Moonlight in Vermont #11/13 Chord as Melody

Autumn in New York - with Russ Garcia type arrangement:

Autumn in New York - Take #1 - Solo Piano

Autumn in New York - Take #2 - Solo Piano

CP-50, YC 73,  FP-80, PX5-S, NE-5d61, Kurzweil SP6, XK-3, CX-3, Hammond XK-3, Yamaha YUX Upright, '66 B3/Leslie 145/122

A Christmas tune from Saturday night's holiday gig. Recorded with iPhone and Shure clip on stereo mic. CP4 to Key Largo to a pair of TT08As.

Oh Tannenbaum

Merry Christmas to all!

Sounds great! I liked it a lot.

Yamaha: Motif XF8, MODX7, YS200, CVP-305, CLP-130, YPG-235, PSR-295, PSS-470 | Roland: Fantom 7, JV-1000

Kurzweil: PC3-76, PC4 (88) | Hammond: SK Pro 73 | Korg: Triton LE 76, N1R, X5DR | Emu: Proteus/1 | Casio: CT-370 | Novation: Launchkey 37 MK3 | Technics: WSA1R

Former: Emu Proformance Plus & Mo'Phatt, Korg Krome 61, Roland Fantom XR & JV-1010, Yamaha MX61, Behringer CAT

Assorted electric & acoustic guitars and electric basses | Roland TD-17 KVX | Alesis SamplePad Pro | Assorted organs, accordions, other instruments

• 3 weeks later...