Music Player Network Home Guitar Player Magazine Keyboard Magazine Bass Player Magazine EQ Magazine
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
The Wrap-up, 2018 Edition. How was your year? #2964489
12/23/18 02:11 AM
12/23/18 02:11 AM
Japan
S
skipclone 1 Offline OP
MP Hall of Fame Member
skipclone 1  Offline OP
MP Hall of Fame Member
S

Japan
It`s about that time again-feels like the last time I posted this was a month ago.
I`ll say it straight off-part of this year was a freakin horror show. Friends and family left this life too soon. My debts got higher. My income got lower. I wish I was home for the holidays. I don`t want to go around hating the world. So I compromised. I only hate parts of it.

Creatively, things moved forward. I was just in the studio yesterday. Live performances were great-there is nothing better than an audience that is really there to see you, and appreciates what you`re doing. I surpassed my goal of being in front of a camera at least once a year. My next singing performance is in February. Not sure about guitar. I want to get back into electric more but, not with a full-time band. I`m talking with some friends, time will tell what develops.
Anyway I know this year was a rough ride for not just myself. I hope 2019 brings good times.

Same old surprises, brand new cliches-

Skipsounds on Soundclick:
www.soundclick.com/bands/pagemusic.cfm?bandid=602491
GP Island
Re: The Wrap-up, 2018 Edition. How was your year? [Re: skipclone 1] #2964495
12/23/18 02:45 AM
12/23/18 02:45 AM
Dallas/FW Metroplex, Texas
Dannyalcatraz Offline
MP Hall of Fame Member
Dannyalcatraz  Offline
MP Hall of Fame Member

2018 is ultimately a down year for me...but I’m not complaining because there are hundreds of millions of not billions in this world who would trade lives with me in a minute.

I didn’t play enough, though. And I need to turn that around.

Sturgeon's 2nd Law, a.k.a. Sturgeon's Revelation: “Ninety percent of everything is crap”.

My FLMS- Murphy's Music in Irving, Tx

http://murphysmusictx.com/
Re: The Wrap-up, 2018 Edition. How was your year? [Re: Dannyalcatraz] #2964511
12/23/18 08:14 AM
12/23/18 08:14 AM
Near 12th Street and Vine...
P
picker Offline
10k Club
picker  Offline
10k Club
P

Near 12th Street and Vine...
Not the best year I ever had, not the worst.

I ended my band. It was too much effort for too little return. In all, I've probably played less this year than I have since I started playing. Wish I could say I miss it, but not so much

Health continues to be a growing concern. Taking lots of meds. Changing some, stopping some, starting others. None of them make me feel like I used to.

In April of the coming year, I'll be 66, which is now how old you have to be to collect the max amount of Social Security. Even at the max, it won't be enough to live on. So, I'm still working the day job, and probably will be till I drop in my tracks.

No family within reach, no significant other, just me and two cats. Friends, family and people I know keep dying. Sometimes, it feels like all I'm doing is supporting my creditors while I'm waiting to kick the bucket myself.

But hey, as long as I'm still drawing breath, I'll keep on keepin' on. I'll do the best I can to take it one day at a time, praying for the grace to run, walk or crawl with a little dignity and humor, and try to remember this life isn't all there is for me.

Merry Christmas and my prayers Happy New Year for one and all.

Always remember that you’re unique. Just like everyone else.

Re: The Wrap-up, 2018 Edition. How was your year? [Re: picker] #2964534
12/23/18 12:15 PM
12/23/18 12:15 PM
Discovery Bay, California
G
GregC Offline
MP Hall of Fame Member
GregC  Offline
MP Hall of Fame Member
G

I have a kick back life so its almost not fair to compare to you guys that are 40/50 something who are grinding out a living, dealing with complex circumstances.

1) Got full on serious with health maintenance. I won't bore with an A-Z. But I am on the last item on the list. Tackling sleep apnea. I have one of those freaky C-pak devices and mask.

Several months ago, I gave up the 1-2 glasses of wine with dinner. It was contributing to my apnea. So no alcohol. Zero. I feel great. Don't shoot me.

2) I created/composed/recorded 38 original instrumentals. My mixing technique evolved.
I have a listener base. Promotion is very difficult but I manage expectations.

3) Stock market took a major dump. My brothers have given me solid advice since we are all in this mess, or affected by it.

4) Very happy with my keyboard and recording/audio gear. I will observe NAMM 2019 to see if I should make new plans. I am not a gear collector. Too much stuff is distracting.

Innovation is never a single event. It is a long process of discovery, engineering, and transformation.
My Soundcloud with many originals:
https://soundcloud.com/user-898236994
Re: The Wrap-up, 2018 Edition. How was your year? [Re: GregC] #2964605
12/23/18 05:43 PM
12/23/18 05:43 PM
Inside the Beltway
Winston Psmith Offline
MP Hall of Fame Member
Winston Psmith  Offline
MP Hall of Fame Member

Inside the Beltway
First off, I'm sitting here in my own Music room, at my own desk, in my own home, so I can't bitch too much . . . Like Dannyalcatraz says, there are plenty of people around the world who would gladly trade places with me, even on the worst day I'm likely to have. May next year be kinder for them.

In all honesty, it's been pretty good. I'm semi-retired, and collecting Social Security, which is a nice little cushion to have each month, thank you, FDR. I've been married for 23 years, 24 years living in the same house, and nearly 3 years of working with my bandmate, who continues to inspire me. We had lots of shows this year, and already have a pretty full schedule lined up for 2019; we might even make some money at it this year? Way back in January, I got play with nearly 100 other Guitarists, all in one show, as well as meeting with one of my heroes, Roger Miller from Mission of Burma.

I've re-arranged my Music room, dug into Analog MonoSynths & Microtonality, and gone further into exploring ERG's. If nothing else, I'm having fun with it all. I'm also slowly re-designing the landscaping around my house, moving some things and replacing others, while getting ready for a massive Spring project to re-direct the flow of water through my yard, when it rains. If idle hands are the Devil's workshop, idle minds are his Research & Development Department; best to keep busy.

Yes, three good friends died right around Thanksgiving, and it's hard to feel good about that, but really, it's just part of life, I can't take it personally. I'll miss them, but that's only because I was lucky enough to have known them. My sympathies are with their families. Not forgetting our brother Whitefang, either.

My wife's siblings are going through some of the "sandwich generation" issues - growing children on one side, aging parents on the other - but they're managing pretty well, and for their respective ages, their parents aren't doing badly, either. Our nieces and nephews (14 in all) are all moving along in school, or in life, without a troublemaker or a ne'er-do-well in the lot, thankfully. Our own health is good, so far, so again, I can't really bitch about life.

For next year, more gardening, more Music, maybe adopting a third dog, and otherwise, I'll just hope for the best, and keep doing what I'm doing.

"Monsters are real, and Ghosts are real too. They live inside us, and sometimes, they win." Stephen King

http://www.novparolo.com
Re: The Wrap-up, 2018 Edition. How was your year? [Re: Winston Psmith] #2964615
12/23/18 06:56 PM
12/23/18 06:56 PM
Near Phoenix Az
D
desertbluesman Offline
MP Hall of Fame Member
desertbluesman  Offline
MP Hall of Fame Member
D

Near Phoenix Az
Everything went well here in the Sonoran Desert during 2018, hopefully that will continue in the new year.

dbm
If it sounds good, it is good !!
http://www.soundclick.com/bands/default.cfm?bandID=143231&content=music
Harvey Cedars is my stage name on Soundclick
Re: The Wrap-up, 2018 Edition. How was your year? [Re: desertbluesman] #2964639
12/23/18 08:42 PM
12/23/18 08:42 PM
Northern California
Larryz Offline
10k Club
Larryz  Offline
10k Club

Northern California
Things have gone very well for this old dog this past year. There have been a few downs to balance out many of the ups, but the ups are in the majority! I have been able to avoid GAS and kept myself from buying another guitar. I'm very tempted by the new Gibson ES-235 which is a semi hollow sized down version of my favorite ES-175. I could pull the trigger on the $2400 model at anytime, but so far my resistance is holding.

I've got to play out more this past year than I want to, so I can't complain. I thank all of you out there for our cyber friendship and for keeping in touch each day as you make my day and I learn a lot from all of you!

I'll be turning 69 in a couple of weeks so this next year is the last one where I can still say I'm in my 60's LOL! I accomplished a lot this last year with my real estate projects which should free me up to start learning more about this beautiful instrument that brings us all together. Merry Christmas (and/or whatever holiday you celebrate) and a Happy New Year to you all! cool

I have lost one bass player this past year and will miss him. I have met a new one and played a couple of gigs with him already this year. So it's all about the bass!

cool

Last edited by Larryz; 12/23/18 08:47 PM.

Take care, Larryz
Re: The Wrap-up, 2018 Edition. How was your year? [Re: Larryz] #2964657
12/23/18 10:38 PM
12/23/18 10:38 PM
Waialua, Hi
S
surfergirl Offline
surfergirl  Offline
S

Waialua, Hi
It has been an eventful year for me, and mostly very good. I graduated from High School, my Mom says that was a miracle. I started Community College, part time, this fall. The band survived graduation with no one leaving, we weren't sure that would happen. I visited my Father in California, my first trip to he mainland. Got to check out a few Southern California Surf spots and Surf with my Father for the first time. Playing some partys and a wedding reception for some friends next Saturday.
Competing in some amateur surfing events locally. I moved up in class this year, it has been humbling, especially losing to my Mom.
Looking forward to what the new year brings.

Jenny S.
Re: The Wrap-up, 2018 Edition. How was your year? [Re: surfergirl] #2964667
12/23/18 11:55 PM
12/23/18 11:55 PM
Dannyalcatraz Offline
MP Hall of Fame Member
Dannyalcatraz  Offline
MP Hall of Fame Member

Quote:
I moved up in class this year, it has been humbling, especially losing to my Mom.

Sounds like a rite of passage in the making. smile

Sturgeon's 2nd Law, a.k.a. Sturgeon's Revelation: “Ninety percent of everything is crap”.

Re: The Wrap-up, 2018 Edition. How was your year? [Re: Dannyalcatraz] #2964680
12/24/18 01:14 AM
12/24/18 01:14 AM
Sharkman Offline
Gold Member
Sharkman  Offline
Gold Member

I am not manic depressive, but my life is. In January, I called my friend Larry to see if he wanted to work for me again. He never called me back, because as I found out in February, he died a few months earlier. In April, I emailed my friend Mark to see if he wanted to work for me in September. Mark never replied. He died too. In June, I drove down to Texas for a wild hog hunt. I got two big wild hogs; one with an AR15 and a thermal imaging scope while hunting at night, and the next day I got an even bigger hog using a samurai sword. Seriously. I had to cut my trip short because my mom was hospitalized.

My mom has bad dementia, went out for a walk late one night, and when she was unable to tell the police who she was or where she lived, they took her to a nearby hospital, where my neighbor works. He recognized her, my brother was contacted, then her doctor, and then me. When I came back home, I discovered that I was now part of a big legal fight. My brother hired an aggressive lawyer who wasn't afraid of the judge, and in July, my brother and I got legal custody of our mom, and we promptly moved her into a much nicer assisted living home where she still lives.

Because business was so good this year, in June I bought a new Dodge Caravan, paying with cash. Literally, five grand in hundreds and the rest in twenties. In August I sold a couple of properties and got a lot of money to invest in more inventory with my retail business. As a result, I made more income this year than any two previous years of my life combined. That enabled me to buy a new Kiesel guitar that I wrote about here a few weeks ago.

My investment portfolio has become bi-polar. While the stock prices have taken a serious beating, my dividends and bond interest have made a significant jump. Oh, I ran into a longtime friend yesterday. Although he's two years younger than me, he looks about fifteen years older. So, add it all up, and I've had a really great year, with a few bad events to keep me from being too happy.

I rock; therefore, I am.
Re: The Wrap-up, 2018 Edition. How was your year? [Re: Sharkman] #2964720
12/24/18 10:17 AM
12/24/18 10:17 AM
Lincoln Park, MI, UNITED STATE...
whitefang Offline
10k Club
whitefang  Offline
10k Club

Yeah, well...

We all know why MY year sucked, but I hope the best(and better) for all Y'ALL the coming year. wink
Whitefang

I started out with NOTHING...and I still have most of it left!
Re: The Wrap-up, 2018 Edition. How was your year? [Re: whitefang] #2964742
12/24/18 12:05 PM
12/24/18 12:05 PM
Northern California
Larryz Offline
10k Club
Larryz  Offline
10k Club

Northern California
@ SurferGirl, Congratulations on graduating from High School! thu

@ Sharkman, Killing a huge wild hog with a Samurai Sword...Wow!

Take care, Larryz
Re: The Wrap-up, 2018 Edition. How was your year? [Re: Larryz] #2964746
12/24/18 12:32 PM
12/24/18 12:32 PM
Sharkman Offline
Gold Member
Sharkman  Offline
Gold Member

Larry, you should see the reactions I get from disbelieving people when I show them my pictures.

I rock; therefore, I am.
Re: The Wrap-up, 2018 Edition. How was your year? [Re: Sharkman] #2964748
12/24/18 12:42 PM
12/24/18 12:42 PM
Northern California
Larryz Offline
10k Club
Larryz  Offline
10k Club

Northern California
I believe you Sharkman! I wouldn't post those pictures though as I imagine they get a little bloody! Me, I think I would need my 357 and a tree near by LOL! thu

Take care, Larryz
Re: The Wrap-up, 2018 Edition. How was your year? [Re: Larryz] #2964918
12/25/18 09:39 AM
12/25/18 09:39 AM
whitefang Offline
10k Club
whitefang  Offline
10k Club

Yeah, SURFERGIRL---

I usually like to say(in your cases)--

CONGRADUATIONS! smile
Whitefang

Re: The Wrap-up, 2018 Edition. How was your year? [Re: whitefang] #2965007
12/26/18 01:18 AM
12/26/18 01:18 AM
Sharkman Offline
Gold Member
Sharkman  Offline
Gold Member

Don't worry, Larry, I have no plans on posting any of my hunting pictures here. I can imagine somebody would look at a picture of me posing with a dead wild hog that goes just over four feet long from nose to butt with a large open wound where his heart was, and say "What in the Hell does that have to do with guitar playing?"

I rock; therefore, I am.
Re: The Wrap-up, 2018 Edition. How was your year? [Re: Sharkman] #2965044
12/26/18 01:20 PM
12/26/18 01:20 PM
Northern California
Larryz Offline
10k Club
Larryz  Offline
10k Club

Northern California
Answer: Practice LOL! thu

Take care, Larryz
Re: The Wrap-up, 2018 Edition. How was your year? [Re: Larryz] #2965051
12/26/18 01:56 PM
12/26/18 01:56 PM
Jackson, Michigan
J
jimmac Offline
jimmac  Offline
J

Jackson, Michigan
My year has been as good as I could hope for. In march I will be 68 about same age as several of you. I am fighting with when to retire. Insurance and extra SS means about $10K per year extra if I keep working. Money not really an issue except I have most tied up in houses that are paid for and rented so I watch cash flow carefully. I will get married on Jan 4 - we been together about 5 years so it is time. About finished with cabin remodel/repair and negotiating buying house next to it. Yes stock market drop sucks but since I am not drawing on the 401K I can wait for it to recover. Health OK lost about 25 pounds so sugar test improved Dr happy so am I. Best wishes for all my brothers here for next year. Jim

Re: The Wrap-up, 2018 Edition. How was your year? [Re: jimmac] #2965163
12/27/18 09:59 AM
12/27/18 09:59 AM
whitefang Offline
10k Club
whitefang  Offline
10k Club

Heh...

I had NO problem with "when to retire" since a disability made that decision for me just two years shy of my GM "30 and out"! wink
Whitefang

Re: The Wrap-up, 2018 Edition. How was your year? [Re: whitefang] #2965192
12/27/18 01:58 PM
12/27/18 01:58 PM
hurricane hugo Offline
MP Hall of Fame Member
hurricane hugo  Offline
MP Hall of Fame Member

This would've been a down year again, but for two things:

1. My main resolution (many years it was my only resolution) since 2005 was to do at least part of a gig on piano. This year I finally did it. Twice. Onward and upward! grin

2. I won one of these NI Maschine thingies in an online contest. It should be delivered any day now. Looking forward to getting back into music programming, something I haven't really done since the '80s ended.
smile

Re: The Wrap-up, 2018 Edition. How was your year? [Re: jimmac] #2965209
12/27/18 04:39 PM
12/27/18 04:39 PM
G
GregC Offline
MP Hall of Fame Member
GregC  Offline
MP Hall of Fame Member
G

Originally Posted By: jimmac
My year has been as good as I could hope for. In march I will be 68 about same age as several of you. I am fighting with when to retire. Insurance and extra SS means about $10K per year extra if I keep working. Money not really an issue except I have most tied up in houses that are paid for and rented so I watch cash flow carefully. I will get married on Jan 4 - we been together about 5 years so it is time. About finished with cabin remodel/repair and negotiating buying house next to it. Yes stock market drop sucks but since I am not drawing on the 401K I can wait for it to recover. Health OK lost about 25 pounds so sugar test improved Dr happy so am I. Best wishes for all my brothers here for next year. Jim

Since money is not the issue, be decisive about retiring.

I retired at 63 since I wanted the gift of time. For some of us, time is more important than a few extra bucks

Last edited by GregC; 12/27/18 08:10 PM.

Innovation is never a single event. It is a long process of discovery, engineering, and transformation.
Re: The Wrap-up, 2018 Edition. How was your year? [Re: GregC] #2965332
12/28/18 08:54 AM
12/28/18 08:54 AM
whitefang Offline
10k Club
whitefang  Offline
10k Club

HUGO brought up something...

RESOLUTIONS!

So, what resolutions aren't any of you guys gonna keep this coming year? wink
Whitefang

Re: The Wrap-up, 2018 Edition. How was your year? [Re: whitefang] #2965353
12/28/18 11:54 AM
12/28/18 11:54 AM
Northern California
Larryz Offline
10k Club
Larryz  Offline
10k Club

Northern California
I try not to make any new year resolutions, thus I don't have to worry about keeping any. I liked Hugo's post about finally getting his piano playing into a couple of gigs. A long term goal that is now on the runway and ready to take off into the wild blue yonder! Congrats Hugo! thu

Take care, Larryz
Re: The Wrap-up, 2018 Edition. How was your year? [Re: Larryz] #2965383
12/28/18 03:52 PM
12/28/18 03:52 PM
Inside the Beltway
Winston Psmith Offline
MP Hall of Fame Member
Winston Psmith  Offline
MP Hall of Fame Member

Inside the Beltway
No resolutions here, either. It always seemed unrealistic to me, for many reasons. If there's something I really want to do, or know more about, I might as well start today.

Part of this attitude is driven by a certain fatalism. Another Musician buddy died suddenly and unexpectedly, the night of the 21st, not even two weeks after a very successful show at D.C.'s Kennedy Center. His band had just recorded and released a new album, which I bought at the show, we talked about him assembling another 100 Guitar event sometime next year. Whatever his plans for the near future, dying wasn't on the list. So, I'm not counting on next year, or next week, to start anything I can do right now.

"Monsters are real, and Ghosts are real too. They live inside us, and sometimes, they win." Stephen King

http://www.novparolo.com
Re: The Wrap-up, 2018 Edition. How was your year? [Re: whitefang] #2965388
12/28/18 04:28 PM
12/28/18 04:28 PM
G
GregC Offline
MP Hall of Fame Member
GregC  Offline
MP Hall of Fame Member
G

Originally Posted By: whitefang
HUGO brought up something...

RESOLUTIONS!

So, what resolutions aren't any of you guys gonna keep this coming year? wink
Whitefang

I am on a good track. My only resolution is to lose 15 pounds. Wife and I have the same resolution for past 3 years. We make a list every NY'rs and keep track

The weight thing sticks around yr after yr.

Re: The Wrap-up, 2018 Edition. How was your year? [Re: Winston Psmith] #2965390
12/28/18 04:34 PM
12/28/18 04:34 PM
Dannyalcatraz Offline
MP Hall of Fame Member
Dannyalcatraz  Offline
MP Hall of Fame Member

Resolutions?

Well, I got sick at the beginning of Lent in 2018 and lost 30 lbs. I decided then to turn a negative into a positive and lose a bit more weight. That didn’t happen, but I didn’t put any of that weight back on, even while cooking tons of goodies during the holiday season. Maybe this year, I can improve on my health.

I have to rectify my employment situation.

I need to practice more. MUCH more: I barely touched any of my instruments this past year beyond rearranging them. Part of that is linked to my Mom’s not practicing her piano, but that’s her problem, and I can’t use that as an excuse.

Re: The Wrap-up, 2018 Edition. How was your year? [Re: Dannyalcatraz] #2965391
12/28/18 04:36 PM
12/28/18 04:36 PM
Dannyalcatraz Offline
MP Hall of Fame Member
Dannyalcatraz  Offline
MP Hall of Fame Member

Quote:

That’s the thing about weight, though, isn’t it? wink

Re: The Wrap-up, 2018 Edition. How was your year? [Re: GregC] #2965396
12/28/18 05:30 PM
12/28/18 05:30 PM
Near Phoenix Az
D
desertbluesman Offline
MP Hall of Fame Member
desertbluesman  Offline
MP Hall of Fame Member
D

Near Phoenix Az
Originally Posted By: GregC

Cut way down or eliminate starches and sugars, I weighed 258 lbs 10 years ago, and I went from that to 170 lbs which I have been for 10 years or so. It took me 6 months of no starches and no sugars, including no fruit, except berries, to lose all of that fat. I ate like a pig on salads, cooked veggies, and chicken and turkey meats (no potatoes nor carrots nor any starch/sugar bearing foods) It was easy. Starches and sugars are hard to kick it is true, since they are massively addictive, But I did it. I am 76 years old I exercise every day at the gym and walking and bicycling and I feel pretty darn good for my age......

dbm
If it sounds good, it is good !!
http://www.soundclick.com/bands/default.cfm?bandID=143231&content=music
Harvey Cedars is my stage name on Soundclick
Re: The Wrap-up, 2018 Edition. How was your year? [Re: desertbluesman] #2965401
12/28/18 05:42 PM
12/28/18 05:42 PM
G
GregC Offline
MP Hall of Fame Member
GregC  Offline
MP Hall of Fame Member
G

Originally Posted By: desertbluesman
Originally Posted By: GregC

Cut way down or eliminate starches and sugars, I weighed 258 lbs 10 years ago, and I went from that to 170 lbs which I have been for 10 years or so. It took me 6 months of no starches and no sugars, including no fruit, except berries, to lose all of that fat. I ate like a pig on salads, cooked veggies, and chicken and turkey meats (no potatoes nor carrots nor any starch/sugar bearing foods) It was easy. Starches and sugars are hard to kick it is true, since they are massively addictive, But I did it. I am 76 years old I exercise every day at the gym and walking and bicycling and I feel pretty darn good for my age......

Wife has tried every known ' diet plan' about 4 times over.

So we both have to follow the same regimen. I work out/run/bike routinely. So its easier for me. Just the same I have to kick up my metabolism and stop eating at 3:00 pm.

Breakfast and late lunch seems work better for me.

You are completely right about eliminating processed shit food, the processed sugars and starches. I am a critic of the food industry as they try to confuse with gimmicks and packaging.

Re: The Wrap-up, 2018 Edition. How was your year? [Re: GregC] #2965441
12/29/18 04:00 AM
12/29/18 04:00 AM
Japan
S
skipclone 1 Offline OP
MP Hall of Fame Member
skipclone 1  Offline OP
MP Hall of Fame Member
S

Japan
One of the most irritating parts of life in Japan is, the blockade of rice imports. You can`t even get brown rice at most restaurants. If you are able to find a rice vendor, they will grind off the bran layer unless you tell them not to. I`ve had people say, `oh but you have to CHEW whole grain rice...`. Ya....that`s why we have teeth. Give me a break.

Same old surprises, brand new cliches-

Skipsounds on Soundclick:
www.soundclick.com/bands/pagemusic.cfm?bandid=602491
Re: The Wrap-up, 2018 Edition. How was your year? [Re: skipclone 1] #2965464
12/29/18 10:11 AM
12/29/18 10:11 AM
whitefang Offline
10k Club
whitefang  Offline
10k Club

One weight loss "plan" that late night host and comedian CRAIG FERGUSON used to joke about was simple enough, and actually more true (and reliable) than many of the "fad" plans.

His?

"Eat less, move around more!" grin
Whitefang

Re: The Wrap-up, 2018 Edition. How was your year? [Re: whitefang] #2965515
12/29/18 03:55 PM
12/29/18 03:55 PM
Dannyalcatraz Offline
MP Hall of Fame Member
Dannyalcatraz  Offline
MP Hall of Fame Member

That’s so cunning, it might just work!!!

Re: The Wrap-up, 2018 Edition. How was your year? [Re: whitefang] #2965757
12/30/18 06:28 PM
12/30/18 06:28 PM
G
GregC Offline
MP Hall of Fame Member
GregC  Offline
MP Hall of Fame Member
G

Originally Posted By: whitefang
One weight loss "plan" that late night host and comedian CRAIG FERGUSON used to joke about was simple enough, and actually more true (and reliable) than many of the "fad" plans.

His?

"Eat less, move around more!" grin
Whitefang

If you could kick the person in the pants responsible for most of your trouble, you wouldn't sit for a month.

-Theodore Roosevelt

Re: The Wrap-up, 2018 Edition. How was your year? [Re: Larryz] #2966882
01/04/19 11:45 PM
01/04/19 11:45 PM
hurricane hugo Offline
MP Hall of Fame Member
hurricane hugo  Offline
MP Hall of Fame Member

Originally Posted By: Larryz
I try not to make any new year resolutions, thus I don't have to worry about keeping any. I liked Hugo's post about finally getting his piano playing into a couple of gigs. A long term goal that is now on the runway and ready to take off into the wild blue yonder! Congrats Hugo! thu

thanks!

Re: The Wrap-up, 2018 Edition. How was your year? [Re: hurricane hugo] #2966962
01/05/19 01:00 PM
01/05/19 01:00 PM
Northern California
Larryz Offline
10k Club
Larryz  Offline
10k Club

Northern California
Keep us posted Hugo...I used to play keyboards too. I still have one of them and you are giving me the inspiration to fire that baby up! Keep us posted on your future gigs and what songs you favor using the piano over the guitar for! One of them that comes back to me is Dark Eyed Cajun Woman by the Doobies in G minor! thu

Last edited by Larryz; 01/05/19 01:01 PM.

Take care, Larryz
Re: The Wrap-up, 2018 Edition. How was your year? [Re: Larryz] #2966987
01/05/19 03:13 PM
01/05/19 03:13 PM
hurricane hugo Offline
MP Hall of Fame Member
hurricane hugo  Offline
MP Hall of Fame Member

^ Well, I'm already doing Chris Cornell's "Sweet Euphoria" on piano instead of on guitar like he did. It saves me from having to tune down a whole step in the middle of a set. smile

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  A String, Bluesape, myles_rose