Music Player Network Home Guitar Player Magazine Keyboard Magazine Bass Player Magazine EQ Magazine
Topic Options
#2964340 - 12/21/18 09:09 PM Ivory II Italian for sale (if EU, where legal) for $60 total
Mark Schmieder Offline
MP Hall of Fame Member

Loc: San Francisco Bay Area
I've done a bit of research and it appears it is legal to resell Ivory in the EU but not clear whether an American citizen can do so or if it has to be between two European residents, so if interested, tell me what country you live in and I'll contact their customer support to find out (they do not answer preliminary inquiries that are abstract, for a lot of reasons).

Apparently they charge $25 fee, PACE/iLok charges another $25 fee (though I think you can do a "soft" license without a physical dongle), and I'd add $10 to that to cover PayPal fees and exchange rate premiums etc.

In other words, I'm giving it away for free, but I think the seller has top pay all the fees. We'd know once I contact Synthogy with SPECIFIC intent and contact info.

I hate deleting stuff that is paid for vs. getting it to someone else. Not sure if $60 is sufficient incentive as it goes for $170 to $180 new and sometimes you can get two-for-one, but that still represents a savings.

As any preliminaries would be confirmed before payment, there should be no risk.

KC Island
#2965503 - 12/29/18 09:16 AM Re: Ivory II Italian for sale (if EU, where legal) for $60 total [Re: Mark Schmieder]
kenheeter Offline

I might be interested in this if it will install on my Surface Pro.

#2965504 - 12/29/18 09:16 AM Re: Ivory II Italian for sale (if EU, where legal) for $60 total [Re: kenheeter]
kenheeter Offline

I'm located in Canada

#2965518 - 12/29/18 11:53 AM Re: Ivory II Italian for sale (if EU, where legal) for $60 total [Re: kenheeter]
Mark Schmieder Offline
MP Hall of Fame Member

I don't know anything about Surface Pro, except I thought it ran regular Windows 10 vs. some micro edition? Maybe the Synthogy website lists system compatibility?

#2965521 - 12/29/18 12:07 PM Re: Ivory II Italian for sale (if EU, where legal) for $60 total [Re: Mark Schmieder]
Mark Schmieder Offline
MP Hall of Fame Member

Scrolling down at the official Microsoft Surface site, it seems to run Windows 10 vs. a special tablet-oriented OS, so probably that means it can run Ivory II.

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/surface

I didn't find anything at the Synthogy site regarding system compatibility, other than the implication that they still support Muse Receptor alongside generic support of macOS and Windows.

As for license transfer, the info I gathered was via the vi-control forum and that person said the EU rules apply, which I think is now true across-the-board.

To move forward, I'd need you to PM me with your regular email address and possibly even your iLok account name, to reduce iterations with Synthogy as that tends to encourage vendor cooperation when their invested time is minimized.

I'll recheck the forum thread too, in case there have been recent follow-ups from the person who gave feedback about their contact with Synthogy (unless it was one or two levels removed, via Ilio or Soundsonline).

#2965558 - 12/29/18 03:17 PM Re: Ivory II Italian for sale (if EU, where legal) for $60 total [Re: Mark Schmieder]
Markay Offline
MP Hall of Fame Member

Loc: Australia
There is only one version of Win 10 which runs on tablet and desktop.

There was a cut down version of Windows 8 called RT but it is long dead and buried.

The only restriction on whether VI will run on a Win 10 tablet are the normal processer and RAM minimum requirements, and from a GUI perspective the extent to which the VI is optimised for a touch interface.

#2965561 - 12/29/18 03:33 PM Re: Ivory II Italian for sale (if EU, where legal) for $60 total [Re: Markay]
Mark Schmieder Offline
MP Hall of Fame Member

Markay, thanks for clearing that up. I have steered clear of mobile devices so it's all kind of green territory for me.

#2966000 - 12/31/18 05:48 PM Re: Ivory II Italian for sale (if EU, where legal) for $60 total [Re: Mark Schmieder]
Mark Schmieder Offline
MP Hall of Fame Member

I have confirmation that only EU residents qualify, and even that is couched in whether as a US resident I am barred from doing so, but at least if someone comes forward and says they want it, I can present the request and the contact info and see if they respond.

Bear in mind that people may be focused on NAMM and thus such requests likely will be set to ignore for a while, at their end.