Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

OT - What are you listening to right now?

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

An amazing vocal performance.

[video:youtube]

The fact there's a Highway To Hell and only a Stairway To Heaven says a lot about anticipated traffic numbers

People only say "It's a free country" when they're doing something shitty-Demetri Martin

Bill Charlap :like:
The stuff he plays on the Diana Krall/Tony Bennett album is sublime. :thu:

"I'm so crazy, I don't know this is impossible! Hoo hoo!" - Daffy Duck

"The good news is that once you start piano you never have to worry about getting laid again. More time to practice!" - MOI

HUGE Flower Kings fan! Though I haven't checked out their first three albums: The Flower King through Retropolis. I started with Stardust We Are (which is fantastic), and have bought almost all of their albums since. Probably my favorites are Unfold the Future and Space Revolver. Solid Prog meets Fusion stuff. Too bad it sounds like they're pretty much dead; last interview I read with Stolt he was kind of fed up with chasing everyone else down, and starry eyed from his Jon Anderson album (which I didn't care for). Oh well.

Stolt is possibly my favorite guitar soloist... maybe next to Alan Holdsworth (who is extremely similar). Check out his solo on "Silent Inferno", possibly my favorite guitar solo ever. It's far from complicated, but his note choice, tone, and feel is absolutely in a class of it's own! I've transcribed it and tried to make it work for keyboard (and Seaboard), but I don't sound half as good as he does.

Puck Funk! :)

Equipment: Laptop running lots of nerdy software, some keyboards, noise makersâ¦yada yada yadaâ¦maybe a cat?